Zackery Wilson

*911 calls are to easily heard*

Currently when my character makes 911 calls and types the service and situation other players can hear this via chat from what id consider a far distance away. I think that the chat range when making 911 calls should only be heard by players next to you or within a more reasonable range. To explain my point i will include a scenario which i have experienced.

I leave parking and head to a gas station, i notice 4 guys follow me from parking to the gas station, i hop out and begin filling my tank, as I'm filling my tank i see 1 guy hop out reaching for his gun as he talks to the passengers. he is 2 fuel stations away from me and we are both on the outer side of the pumps and the pump are blocking him from having a clear shot at me soo i immediately call 911 type police and say 4 guys 1 armed i dont feel safe. As i hang up he is running up to me, giving him a clear shot, he shoots me and says "you bitch, you called the cops on us". then proceeds to execute me.

He was still by the car after i described the situation, he had only begin running towards me as i was bringing back up my phone to hang up. If this had happened in real life I'm certain i would have been whispering into my phone the details and  not saying it loudly where persons 2 pumps away can hear me. That would mean i either yelled for police on my phone or had said it loudly as if i had no problem with the shady characters hearing me. This makes 911 calls unreliable and highly unrealistic. In my opinion the phone animation makes it clear that the person is on the phone which makes sense because you would notice this in real life as well, however What happens on your phone should only be heard if you are next to the person or maybe just a little further away( in real life this would be considered eavesdropping ).(another point) In game i have seen people texting on their phones but are on the other side of the road, if this was the case in real life, this would have been ridiculous since back when i was in high school i would text on my phone all the time in class and the teacher would have no clue yeah maybe the teacher would have seen the phone but they would have no clue what i was doing on the phone , With ecrp logic they would have known i was texting from the moment i sent the first text. This gives the criminals an unfair advantage since you have no way of calling for help discreetly.

+1 if you agree 🙂

-1 if you disagree 😞 

Edited by Zackery Wilson
  • Upvote 3

In my opinion, when calling the police it should just use /low by default for the proximity of seeing the text. You're calling in a scene and it does not make sense that people across the road could hear you. I've had plenty of altercations with people from snitching when I thought I was a reasonable distance away and out of sight of them to call 911 but evidently not.

Edited by DrPathetic
  • Upvote 3

+1

I find it a bit unfair between the VOIP and chat, tbh I would like to see if you are whispering in VOIP, in the chat it should by default go as /quiet. It will be also good if the chat range would be the same as the VOIP range ( should be based on the whispering / normal / shouting ). This will affect a lot of RP situation from criminals copy/pasting demands, to just saying it in VOIP (while you type, you cant point a gun, I know it is in the server rules but people will take it as "he is not pointing a gun".)

+ The same thing should be applied for the radio as you would not be screaming into the mic to talk to others ( the mic is closer to your mouth).

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2023 at 5:04 AM, Jufro said:

-1 I like shooting snitches 

calling cops is not snitching, as a civilian you calling cops is simply protecting yourself and your assets,
if someone ever breaks into your house irl, and your girlfriend ask you to call cops, you going to reply that your not a snitch ? XD

I'm sorry nothing personal but isn't that super dumb?

however when a crim in the middle of a criminal activity calls cops that is a completely different story,
although if he's in a life-threatening situation wanting to survive with his life even if that costs him to go to jail, its still a survival mechanism. you could kill him, but it would be a realistic thing to do on both ends 

1 hour ago, Ritchie Stones said:

calling cops is not snitching, as a civilian you calling cops is simply protecting yourself and your assets,
if someone ever breaks into your house irl, and your girlfriend ask you to call cops, you going to reply that your not a snitch ? XD

I'm sorry nothing personal but isn't that super dumb?

however when a crim in the middle of a criminal activity calls cops that is a completely different story,
although if he's in a life-threatening situation wanting to survive with his life even if that costs him to go to jail, its still a survival mechanism. you could kill him, but it would be a realistic thing to do on both ends 

I hope he was joking, p sure he was.

1 hour ago, Quietthecutie said:

I hope he was joking, p sure he was.

hope he is haha, i mean cmon this is common sense, nowadays you cant even say hi back to a cop in a neutral way or they clap you for whatever they decide cooperation is in their mind, cops actually get along in ghettos in order to connect with some criminals to let them know they can always turn their life around or to still guarantee to be helped in desperate situation. please make crimes smart again XDXD

6 hours ago, Ritchie Stones said:

so we’re just to ignore when someone calls cops to a situation that you’d not want PD at? 

Ex: big shootout happens at eclipse, some injured and need to be cleaned but someone then starts to call pd, you can’t just ignore that. Allies and weapons are still needing to be brought out and to MD but if pd comes it’s all useless and they get charged. I feel my crim and most others would shoot and kill the person calling pd in this situation and really any where someone calls. 

20 hours ago, RAttlesnake7473 said:

so we’re just to ignore when someone calls cops to a situation that you’d not want PD at? 

Ex: big shootout happens at eclipse, some injured and need to be cleaned but someone then starts to call pd, you can’t just ignore that. Allies and weapons are still needing to be brought out and to MD but if pd comes it’s all useless and they get charged. I feel my crim and most others would shoot and kill the person calling pd in this situation and really any where someone calls. 

it depends on every situation, i named a specific situation where it makes sense to call cops in order to protect yourself.
you name a situation where this could be actually snitching, 

yet in your situation you should be more concerned about getting rid of the evidence, grabbing a wounded alie, and leave behind the rest, because your into a retreat.
also the guy calling the cops in this situation should be smart enough to run FIRST for his life and then call cops somewhere secure, and you should not even know about the cops being called. 

my point is, "not everything is always snitching" in some cases its self-defense, this is why there is an actual court, to figure this shit out.
nothing personal to you, but some guys are really dumb with no common sense, they think even looking at cops makes you relate to them as if you in a relationship with them.
and will use EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING to convince themself they have the right to shoot you, 
and that shit has to go,

1 hour ago, Ritchie Stones said:

yet in your situation you should be more concerned about getting rid of the evidence, grabbing a wounded alie, and leave behind the rest, because your into a retreat.
also the guy calling the cops in this situation should be smart enough to run FIRST for his life and then call cops somewhere secure, and you should not even know about the cops being called. 

I agree it really is situation-based. I'm just not sure if messing with the rules and script to change it will help at all tbf

On 9/30/2023 at 6:10 PM, RAttlesnake7473 said:

I don't think the suggestion is to change the rules around engagement/DM regarding someone you know is calling the cops on you. The suggestion is to allow for /low to be used with a 911 call (or calls in general) so that someone can feel they can more safely and realistically call the cops without having the run to the city bank if they are Eclipse Towers just to not be heard on the phone. 

+1 to the suggestion