Lester Acosta

Human Meat

Human Meat  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Human Meat Be Added Back to Markets?

• Yes
    • No

Human meat was removed a while ago for a reason unbeknownst to me. Regardless of the actual reason, I want to state why I think adding the sale of human meat would benefit the server in terms of the economy and roleplay.

Ever since the removal of human meat from markets, criminals have been forced to do other jobs such as mining, hunting, fishing, oil drilling, etc. While this may seem great at first glance, it has started a trend of many of the jobs that made a decent amount of money now being over-crowded by the new influx of criminals now doing legal jobs. This is because most criminals were able to live off the human meat they were able to harvest in a day and because drugs have become less of a profitable source of income than before.

With the cost of living going even higher and higher every day, I feel like re-adding this source of income would ease stress on the other main sources of income and therefore make them more profitable than they currently are.

PROS:

-Additional source of income.

-Less stress on other sources of income.

-Incentive to Crim RP.

CONS:

-Incentive for people to escalate situations for the gathering of human meat.

-Might not seem realistic.

Edited by Lester Acosta
  • Upvote 3

To be completely honest, I'm not sure that an organ-fuelled economy is supposed to be sustainable. 

While I can agree with some of your other points, there is one less way for criminals to make money than there was before, bringing back the human meat drop-off isn't it.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that could be added in place of this, things that don't even need to be that complex.

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

I always thought human meat being able to be sold (let alone eaten) is pretty ridiculous.
A lot of what drives the server is realism and barring a tiny tiny percentage of crazy people IRL, nobody is a cannibal and nobody buys human meat, even criminals. The use of human meat should only really be for the craziest of nutjobs to flesh out their RP huehue.

I see no need for human meat to be added back to the markets, especially when some people ended up gutting their own allies after winning a fight to get that free food/$$$.

Edited by DrPathetic

Just now, AlbertoPanchino said:

It doesn't make sence either if you can refill a botlle in the ocean does that make since?

100% agree, I've mentioned before that I think being able to drink ocean water makes no sense and there should be 2 kinds of water bottles, ocean water used for cooking and then drinkable water you can refill elsewhere e.g. coolers. However, I don't think one unrealistic thing is justification for keeping another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think what would make some sense here if there was a black market vendor that you could sell the human meat too, RPLY, I'd assume it would only be valuble things like organs or the likes and not actual chunks of flesh. IRL people do sell organs on the black market for whatever reason.

However, I do agree, it makes very little sense to sell human meet to a butcher. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think the removal of the human meat being unsellable was necessary; I’ve seen ban appeals of new players abusing it ; but I don’t think certain rulebreakers should just cause the removal of such a feature; maybe make it so you can’t be harvested if you’ve died in x time, preventing that abuse of respawn gut cycle 

The removal of human meat further restricts forms of role-play for criminals.

Why can't somebody role-play gathering human meat/organs and selling it off to a black market dealer? I think if "human meat" should be added back it needs to be done differently, a black market NPC could be used as a neutral location for people to role-play selling off organs they may have collected from their fallen enemies.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ladypapercrown said:

Why can't somebody role-play gathering human meat/organs and selling it off to a black market dealer? I think if "human meat" should be added back it needs to be done differently, a black market NPC could be used as a neutral location for people to role-play selling off organs they may have collected from their fallen enemies.

Agreed, this is a great idea!

On 11/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, ladypapercrown said:

Because there is supposed to be some semblance of realism in the server. I can't see a Crip running around South Central with a Blood's liver in his bag, can you?

Organs when they are severed from the blood supply have to kept on ice to avoid too much lasting damage. No one is going to want a pair of lungs that have been in someone's bag for 45 minutes.

It was a foolish idea to begin with, I'm glad it's gone and I hope it stays out of the server.

21 minutes ago, Bala said:

Because there is supposed to be some semblance of realism in the server. I can't see a Crip running around South Central with a Blood's liver in his bag, can you?

Organs when they are severed from the blood supply have to kept on ice to avoid too much lasting damage. No one is going to want a pair of lungs that have been in someone's bag for 45 minutes.

It was a foolish idea to begin with, I'm glad it's gone and I hope it stays out of the server.

I agree that human meat was a good source of income to the crims. But even though it has some unreal aspects, we could try and get it closer to realism by an in-game timer that would render the meat rotten within some minutes. Thus, the harvested meat/organs would have to be sold within a certain span of time before it would become useless.

25 minutes ago, Bala said:

Does refulling water botles from the OCEAN and drinking it does that make since to you?

alberto de beast.png

Just now, AlbertoPanchino said:

so why is selling human meat out of the server but refilling water botlles not?

alberto de beast.png

A great answer would be - to enable players to be able to refill water bottles until the sources are further refined into drinkable and non drinkable water. It is better than having to spend more money on a new water bottle every time players are dying of thirst init?

On 11/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, ladypapercrown said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, takes what some seem "non realistic" and adds a much more realistic approach to organ selling.

I've commented my feelings on a similar thread regarding human meat.

I think the previous implementation was super unrealistic and encouraged bad behavior. This is similar to why cops should never be loot-able. People killed their friends for meat, and instigated fights for the sole purpose of getting human meat.

It is beyond unrealistic to hear someone on the radio "Word? There's bodies? I'm gonna make so much money, let me grab a knife." - When was the last time you saw, even in a movie, someone kill another person and then, instead of running, they stay to gut them? It doesn't happen.

The removal of an income source for criminals is indeed a concern, that I share, but bringing back human meat is not the solution. I suggest thinking of a more realistic source of income.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bala said:

It's a role-play server, why are you so opposed to people role-playing in this manner? I personally see no issue if somebody wants to do a darker form of RP by collecting/selling human meat/organs.

Edited by ladypapercrown
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@ladypapercrown I think the issue is the rate at which that RP has been done. Sure crime is denser that it would realistically be, but the proportion of these "darker" individuals due to everyone wanting to be the baddest guy just is a bit silly in my opinion. Which is why I think the script change of selling human meat shouldn't affect people wanting to do this RP, there's nothing stopping people doing a /me consumes the flesh if they so wished. But selling it is just a ridiculous notion and I think it's more about the money issue as mentioned above, which I think there are many better alternatives for little moneymakers for crims than this.

Edited by DrPathetic

Do  you see IRL someone with a bf400 and going in to the mountains for animals no? like i saw nobody doing that.

if we really gone talk about non-rp then is everything non-rp

or bring it back with a twist on it for example if you wanna do /gut then you need to say /gut organs or /gut hart and then like there is a time when it is still good to sell it to a NPC

that would be a great add when there is a limit time to bring that human meat to a NPC 

Edited by AlbertoPanchino
  • Like 1

I still believe human meat was ONLY removed for the sole reason of a few new players abusing it by farming it after respawn, this did not help RP in any way - the only thing it did was make something that was aight become pretty useless, and i believe the script should have prevented this abuse rather than removal of the feature as a whole 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.