\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

[Suggestion]Balancing everything

1.Now that it will be harder to fuck around in supercars, what about underpowering the cruisers a little bit to a realistic level compared to the other cars and restricting the weaponry: tazer, pistol, shotgun for normal cops?

2. Remove some possible money pits (for some) by adding saveable clothing asap, plus little things like /togglehat /toggleglasses.

3. PLEASE try to fix the Baller LE being stuck in place without cruise control on bug.

Edited by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

6 hours ago, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

Now that it will be harder to fuck around in supercars, what about underpowering the cruisers

-1 to this. Until super cars are nerfed (speed wise), I cannot be in support of disadvantage the police so strongly.

restricting the weaponry: tazer, pistol, shotgun for normal cops?

+1. I have been in support of this for the past 3 months.

It is unrealalistic to see cops running around with AR’s and mini uzi’s.

Remove some possible money pits (for some) by adding saveable clothing asap, plus little things like /togglehat /toggleglasses.

3. PLEASE try to fix the Baller LE being stuck in place without cruise control on bug.

+1 to both of these.

7 hours ago, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

1.Now that it will be harder to fuck around in supercars, what about underpowering the cruisers a little bit to a realistic level compared to the other cars and restricting the weaponry: tazer, pistol, shotgun for normal cops?

2. Remove some possible money pits (for some) by adding saveable clothing asap, plus little things like /togglehat /toggleglasses.

1. Realistically a cop car will out perform 95% of cars on the street. They are designed to do so. If supercars ever become really realistic, as in not used in every other crime and chase, I'd be all for reducing the HSIU to something more realistic and taking the speed buff off the cruiser. Cops need to at least be able to match force, ideally top it. If criminals have AR's regularly, the police need the same. I would much rather the tazer, pistol, shotgun as you've suggested but not likely at the moment.

2,3 +1 :D

18 minutes ago, SoloSmith said:

1. Realistically a cop car will out perform 95% of cars on the street. They are designed to do so. If supercars ever become really realistic, as in not used in every other crime and chase, I'd be all for reducing the HSIU to something more realistic and taking the speed buff off the cruiser. Cops need to at least be able to match force, ideally top it. If criminals have AR's regularly, the police need the same. I would much rather the tazer, pistol, shotgun as you've suggested but not likely at the moment.

2,3 +1 :D

Untrue. 

Most current police agencies will utilize the Ford Taurus which the NA version produces 305 crank horsepower. Which isn't anything special whatsoever. Now you may say "well they have these twin turbos and make 400hp" well you'd be wrong since most police agencies have budgets in mind and don't want to spend the extra few thousands to buy horsepower that they'll never use. Even state police cars around here (Connecticut) don't use the twin turbo'd cars. They just cost too much and the NA version gets the job done. Now, the Ford Taurus isn't the only police car to be used, many agencies use the  Ford Explorer which is also AWD. But also lacks 1 horsepower, coming in at 304 crank horsepower. If we're going to speak of 5 years ago, all the agencies were utilizing Ford Crown Victorias, which came in at a whopping 250 crank horsepower. Which works out to about 210 at the wheels. Trust me, I owned one. The big thing that people forget is that cop cars aren't really that fast. They're just portrayed as fast because cops are always speeding around in them. 

Now to put this into reality. A base Model Ford Mustang GT from 2016 produces 412 crank horsepower. Since many of the owners of these modify them to be faster. They could easily walk a Taurus in a race or uh, chase. 

With all of this information in place, supercars should be able to easily evade cruisers. The cruisers that are around the server have the insane speed modifier, which honestly isn't very realistic and since everyone is crying for realism, the police need to accept that they are not and cannot be the most powerful players on the server. Since I know they quite want to be the most power, although they aren't the most powerful in real life either. They have the same weapons that civilians can get. Realistically the only thing that makes police stronger is that they can be  better trained than the criminals that they fight, have better communications and more availability to weapons/backup than most criminals do. 

You guys need to accept that you will lose and are going to lose some fights. Al though you will come out on top in most of them against regular joe civilians. Which I'd say you do.

+1 support on all aspects.

• Upvote 2

A Ford Mustang GT is not your average street car. The vast majority of cars you will pass on your way to work, in an average working city, would not be able to trump a police car.

For the record, the cruiser is NOT ABLE to compete with the top tier super cars. Not even close, so I'm not sure why you are making that comparison. 

Try to keep your suggestions to constructive in future. Bashing an entire faction does nothing but create hostility and derail the original suggestion.

19 hours ago, SoloSmith said:

A Ford Mustang GT is not your average street car. The vast majority of cars you will pass on your way to work, in an average working city, would not be able to trump a police car.

For the record, the cruiser is NOT ABLE to compete with the top tier super cars. Not even close, so I'm not sure why you are making that comparison. 

Try to keep your suggestions to constructive in future. Bashing an entire faction does nothing but create hostility and derail the original suggestion.

The cruisers should be able to outrun the average cars you see on the streets but those are far from fully performance tuned sport cars/supercars. Rising the maintenance prices on those top tier supercars can be an easy fix enough, even confiscating them for a period of time if caught. Organise, comunicate, outsmart > sounds much better than expecting to be equal one on one in almost any situation and it can bring more fun.

On 12.11.2017 at 9:36 AM, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

Everything else +1

On 11/12/2017 at 1:57 PM, SoloSmith said:

I don't know how in any way that I'm bashing the faction but sure thing boss. A Ford mustang is an average car here, (I don't know where you're from.) I see those cars along with Camaros, Audi S4s, Challengers on a regular basis. Hell, I even see hellcats a few times a week. 

The police car CAN outrun any "Average" car on the server. If by average you mean a warrener, RancherXL and so on. Keep in mind that top speed isn't everything, handling is a superiority as well. I agree that everyone shouldn't have super cars. But at least be realistic, since the police cruiser is insanely fast; on the server. Now keep in mind that police aren't supposed to be some super powerful faction. I was on an RP server in the police faction on SAMP for 6 years and our cruisers flat out sucked. But we used tactics and radio comms to our advantage. I think instead of screaming for your cars to be faster, you should be training and making your personnel very well trained on how to react to such scenarios. Seeing that I've seen your LEO issues first hand from years of doing this, I can say that you guys have it better than we sure did. Our cruisers handled like absolute trash.

Back to your bashing comment. I wouldn't bash a LEO agency because I came from them and have the utmost respect for law enforcement. But I'm not going to sit here and lie to to you when it comes to facts. Cruisers IRL aren't as fast as people perceive them to be.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

restricting the weaponry: tazer, pistol, shotgun for normal cops?

I'm not against officers having an AR or shotgun but PLEASE not in their scroll wheel, this weapon should only be accessible from the boot of a police car. It's stupid when you try to make a good RP situation. You want to RP a fight with them,  you type it all out and as soon as you RP pushing them, they slap out their AR's and gun you down. You don't die (even though you've been shot by 4 officers and around 50 rounds) because medic's revive you and boom 2 hours in prison , what great fun!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RowanMonty said:

I'm not against officers having an AR or shotgun but PLEASE not in their scroll wheel, this weapon should only be accessible from the boot of a police car. It's stupid when you try to make a good RP situation. You want to RP a fight with them,  you type it all out and as soon as you RP pushing them, they slap out their AR's and gun you down. You don't die (even though you've been shot by 4 officers and around 50 rounds) because medic's revive you and boom 2 hours in prison , what great fun!

yeah i like the idea of having to get a shotgun out of the trunk, which to be fair some cops have rp'd that for me in the past. I wish there was more foot chases, like tazer should have a bigger cool down (irl i think police carry a taser loaded plus 2 cartridges, but it would be unfair to only have 3 taser shots as a cop) or have a shorter range. it sucks to dodge a tazer shot and start climbing a fence or something and get tazed mid fence climb. but i also see the officers POV that its already tough to catch criminals why make it harder. 

also adding on to the foot chase thing, leron a lean black man, would be able to outrun a officer carrying a shotgun a pistol a taser an ar and kevlar in a perfect gtarp world.

Edited by Dashingly
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 12:57 PM, SoloSmith said:

You must be from some small ass town with no one in it, Mustang GT is literally a fucking meme waiting to happen where i'm from, and I don't live anywhere special, and believe me they can outrun the police, I see hellcats with 700hp on a daily basis, no, a cop will not catch that 80k car, which is undeniably cheaper than a real super car (Lamborghini 400k-2m, or even Porche 150k-600k) even Porche isnt a real "SUPERCAR". But the piggies would never catch them.

For fucks sake my 320hp subaru can run way faster than a cop car with all that equipment and weight on it, especially if I have the drop on him.

Forest is one of those people who know's the truth but will never accept it, for under 50k IRL you can get 1000hp out of a car, and rip a transmission and drive train apart hauling ass from the popo if you wanted to.

So tell me why your FREE cruisers can do 220 km/h or 136 mph

And almost every super car above 500k and under 1 Million can only go 200 km/h or 124 mph.

Which is no where fucking realistic at all, almost any car upwards of 100k can do 200mph, which is around 330 km/h, and I GAURANTEE you the police cruiser was buffed, and the supercars were NERFED from original code.

That completely voids any "Reality" you are trying to justify.

Don't believe me? Here's some examples.

Least Expensive:

1. Ford Mustang GT – 435 hp, $32,920, $76/hp
  2. Dodge Challenger R/T 392 – 485 hp, $37,995, $78/hp
  3. Chevy Camaro SS – 455 hp, $36,905, $81/hp
  4. Dodge Charger R/T 392 – 485 hp, $39,995, $82/hp
  5. Ford F-150 Raptor – 450 hp, $48,325, $107/hp

Most Expensive:

1. Maserati GranTurismo – 454 hp, $182,000, $401/hp
  2. Mercedes-Benz Maybach – 449 hp $166,200, $370/hp
  3. Acura NSX* – 500 hp, $156,000, $312/hp (*Total hybrid hp is 573)
  4. Mercedes-Benz G-Class – 416 hp, $122,400, $294/hp
  5. Porsche 911 Carrera 4S – 420 hp, $122,600, $292/hp

Oh you don't think running from the police with only 100hp more is a REALISTIC move? Here's more power under 200k.

Least Expensive:

1. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – 707 hp, $62,485, $88/hp
  2. Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat – 707 hp, $65,945, $93/hp
  3. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – 650 hp, $61,140, $94/hp
  4. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – 650 hp, $79,450, $122/hp
  5. Cadillac CTS-V – 640 hp, $85,595, $134/hp

Most Expensive:

1. Mercedes-Benz AMG S65 – 621 hp, $247,900, $399/hp
  2. Audi R8 V10 – 610 hp, $189,900, $311/hp
  3. Audi RS7 – 605 hp, $129,500, $214/hp
  4. Dodge Viper ACR – 645 hp, $118,795, $184/hp

And some realistic eye candy for you, he loses a FUCKING helicopter for under 100k.

I've proved a few people's points. Bye.

Edited by Ray Sweets
  • Upvote 2

On 12.11.2017 at 10:36 AM, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

1.Now that it will be harder to fuck around in supercars, what about underpowering the cruisers a little bit to a realistic level compared to the other cars

+1 Over powered cruisers forces criminals to "fail rp" by lag pitting cause they cant lose them on straight with super cars. I think cruisers should represent something like dominator or buffalo speed and handling wise.

Edited by Juholin

On 10.12.2017 at 11:17 PM, Ray Sweets said:

You must be from some small ass town with no one in it, Mustang GT is literally a fucking meme waiting to happen where i'm from, and I don't live anywhere special, and believe me they can outrun the police, I see hellcats with 700hp on a daily basis, no, a cop will not catch that 80k car, which is undeniably cheaper than a real super car (Lamborghini 400k-2m, or even Porche 150k-600k) even Porche isnt a real "SUPERCAR". But the piggies would never catch them.

For fucks sake my 320hp subaru can run way faster than a cop car with all that equipment and weight on it, especially if I have the drop on him.

Forest is one of those people who know's the truth but will never accept it, for under 50k IRL you can get 1000hp out of a car, and rip a transmission and drive train apart hauling ass from the popo if you wanted to.

So tell me why your FREE cruisers can do 220 km/h or 136 mph

And almost every super car above 500k and under 1 Million can only go 200 km/h or 124 mph.

Which is no where fucking realistic at all, almost any car upwards of 100k can do 200mph, which is around 330 km/h, and I GAURANTEE you the police cruiser was buffed, and the supercars were NERFED from original code.

That completely voids any "Reality" you are trying to justify.

Don't believe me? Here's some examples.

Least Expensive:

1. Ford Mustang GT – 435 hp, $32,920, $76/hp
  2. Dodge Challenger R/T 392 – 485 hp, $37,995, $78/hp
  3. Chevy Camaro SS – 455 hp, $36,905, $81/hp
  4. Dodge Charger R/T 392 – 485 hp, $39,995, $82/hp
  5. Ford F-150 Raptor – 450 hp, $48,325, $107/hp

Most Expensive:

1. Maserati GranTurismo – 454 hp, $182,000, $401/hp
  2. Mercedes-Benz Maybach – 449 hp $166,200, $370/hp
  3. Acura NSX* – 500 hp, $156,000, $312/hp (*Total hybrid hp is 573)
  4. Mercedes-Benz G-Class – 416 hp, $122,400, $294/hp
  5. Porsche 911 Carrera 4S – 420 hp, $122,600, $292/hp

Oh you don't think running from the police with only 100hp more is a REALISTIC move? Here's more power under 200k.

Least Expensive:

1. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – 707 hp, $62,485, $88/hp
  2. Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat – 707 hp, $65,945, $93/hp
  3. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – 650 hp, $61,140, $94/hp
  4. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – 650 hp, $79,450, $122/hp

Most Expensive:

1. Mercedes-Benz AMG S65 – 621 hp, $247,900, $399/hp
  2. Audi R8 V10 – 610 hp, $189,900, $311/hp
  3. Audi RS7 – 605 hp, $129,500, $214/hp
  4. Dodge Viper ACR – 645 hp, $118,795, $184/hp

And some realistic eye candy for you, he loses a FUCKING helicopter for under 100k.

I've proved a few people's points. Bye.

You make some valid points. Horsepower is quite cheap to come by these days. A Supercar should outrun a cruiser no questions asked, that's just what they do. But I don't agree on the point you're making entirely. While it's easy for HP rich cars to get off the spot, most are limited on their top speed IRL. Your regular middle to high class vehicle is targeted at the average Joe with a bit of spare cash and not somebody who will ever use the car to its full ability. So most middle and high class vehicles are limited to a top speed of 250km/h and some sports and supercars top out at around 300km/h give or take some. 

Police Interceptors are based on standard models but are tweaked rather differently and do have higher top speeds and power distribution than regular models. But still. A supercar on the server must be able to outrun a standard cruiser, that goes without saying really. And most do. I've been in a lot of chases with supercars where I have lost sight of them on a straight. They do pull away from us. And not only from me, from all of us. We catch up to people because they fuck up most of the time. They take a turn too fast or too slow and we don't and the gap closes. When people start cornering inside the city is when most of them do a fuck up, drift, spin out. They're so eager to get away from us that they risk it all. 

Good drivers, like yourself, know what to do and know not to rush things. And you have lost the cops more times than you've been caught. In fact, I've made it a challenge back then to get you and Badger. It was very very fun. 

So let's talk about realism. 

What is happening on this server isn't very realistic at all. We come up against super cars on most occasions we're in a chase. We're talking of a city full of 400k+ cars. It's like the criminal alternative to Monaco. That isn't realistic. People with such expensive cars don't go around robbing stores for $100. They don't speed past the police shouting "hey little piggies". 

Why does everyone demand such high levels of realism from the LSPD when you're not willing to make sacrifices? Ditch your super and expensive cars and roleplay to your character's ability. If you want to be a criminal doing petty crimes, go rob a store and hold people up at gunpoint for their change in vehicles that support that lifestyle. Get a Washington or w/e. 

We can't find a common ground here because there's too much on each side that prevents that. You're always going to see an unfair advantage and so are we. There's a lot of points we'd need to discuss and find agreement on before we can start changing things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flow said:

You make some valid points. Horsepower is quite cheap to come by these days. A Supercar should outrun a cruiser no questions asked, that's just what they do. But I don't agree on the point you're making entirely. While it's easy for HP rich cars to get off the spot, most are limited on their top speed IRL. Your regular middle to high class vehicle is targeted at the average Joe with a bit of spare cash and not somebody who will ever use the car to its full ability. So most middle and high class vehicles are limited to a top speed of 250km/h and some sports and supercars top out at around 300km/h give or take some. 

Police Interceptors are based on standard models but are tweaked rather differently and do have higher top speeds and power distribution than regular models. But still. A supercar on the server must be able to outrun a standard cruiser, that goes without saying really. And most do. I've been in a lot of chases with supercars where I have lost sight of them on a straight. They do pull away from us. And not only from me, from all of us. We catch up to people because they fuck up most of the time. They take a turn too fast or too slow and we don't and the gap closes. When people start cornering inside the city is when most of them do a fuck up, drift, spin out. They're so eager to get away from us that they risk it all. 

Good drivers, like yourself, know what to do and know not to rush things. And you have lost the cops more times than you've been caught. In fact, I've made it a challenge back then to get you and Badger. It was very very fun. 

So let's talk about realism. 

What is happening on this server isn't very realistic at all. We come up against super cars on most occasions we're in a chase. We're talking of a city full of 400k+ cars. It's like the criminal alternative to Monaco. That isn't realistic. People with such expensive cars don't go around robbing stores for $100. They don't speed past the police shouting "hey little piggies". 

Why does everyone demand such high levels of realism from the LSPD when you're not willing to make sacrifices? Ditch your super and expensive cars and roleplay to your character's ability. If you want to be a criminal doing petty crimes, go rob a store and hold people up at gunpoint for their change in vehicles that support that lifestyle. Get a Washington or w/e. 

We can't find a common ground here because there's too much on each side that prevents that. You're always going to see an unfair advantage and so are we. There's a lot of points we'd need to discuss and find agreement on before we can start changing things.

This is basically what I wanted to hear. Now I understand from your point of view, and it is something you are 100% correct on. This is sadly, not a "SeriousRP" server.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.