checkky

Taxes/Welfare tax should be reduced

Taxes/Welfare tax should be reduced

I do understand that it does make sense to pay taxes however, I do think the amount of assets the government is taking into account to tax people is a bit obscured. I do agree in a sense that, the more total wealth in your bank account, the more you get taxed, completely understandable. However the amount the government is taking away from people in the city is a bit much, especially after today. Some people rely on government pay to pay for their day-to-day finances such as: gas, money, and food. Now that the tax-bracket went even higher people can no longer live comfortably from tax pay, and now they have to Role-play less and work more. Let's say for example someone wants to hang out with their friends, and not work for the day. Originally someone could be covered financially, and "break-even" in a sense if they need to buy necessities for the day  from their government pay (again such as food, water, and gas). Now with the new tax brackets it's forcing players to work even more than usual. Again this as well does make sense for IRL standards, you need to work for your day-to-day necessities. I do think however with the higher tax bracket being implemented into the server, that it's taking away Role-play Opportunities from players. People now are focused on making money legally or illegally 24/7, putting double the time into their work for less in financial gain due to taxes, instead of Role-playing like they should be. I have as well listed some suggestions that could maybe help fix the "broken" tax bracket system. Feedback, new suggestions, or changes to my current suggestions are appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion #1 - Tax players less/or not at all on vehicles, (IRL people can pay their vehicles off and not be taxed at all, so I don't understand why vehicles are taken into an account so much for the tax bracket). However there are such things as "car payments" and "insurance" for IRL standards, however the amount people get taxed from the amount of cars or assets they have is a bit unrealistic.

Suggestion #2 - Tax players less depending on the kinda of houses/apartments they have acquired. It doesn't make any kinda sense that players with 1G's and 4G's are put into account for the same tax-bracket. Taxes on houses/apartments should have a different tax bracket depending on: garage size, interior, and location. However do keep taxes for business/club locations the same (from a IRL standpoint it does make sense for people to be taxed on a business location for example if they do not own the land, and pay a tax to a "land-lord".

Suggestion #3 - Tax players less on non-faction/"sign-up" jobs such as: miner, fisherman, garbageman, fuel transporter, postal transporter, money transported, and many more. I don't really find it rationale that people, whether they're rich or not, are paying the same amount of tax in comparison for example a mechanic at LSC. These jobs typically take up more time and occupation if they're not as privileged to acquire a position in some of these faction jobs. The fact that people who choose to work these jobs are still being taxed the same as "Faction occupational" positions through out the city is not fair from a standpoint of someone trying to get on their feet and getting taxed the same.

Suggestion #4 - Each apartment building should have a set tax bracket instead of all of them having the same tax percentage. Or each different kind of apartment: 1G, 2G, and 3G's should have different additions to your tax bracket. Each building should have their own tax bracket to better help the pricing of apartments. For example, if someone were to buy a house/apartment IRL, they're going to pay more for that "ocean view" instead of that boring "city view". I don't really find it rationale that all apartments have the same tax-bracket, unless if someone by chances owns all of the buildings and is a "IC" landlord to all six complexes.

Suggestion #5 - The "total wealth" tax bracket should be put up to a little bit more of higher standards, and should less percentage increments. For example when I hit 499k, my government pay went from 1.6k to 1.1k, and I do think that margin should be set a little bit lower, and maybe should decrease in 200$ increments instead of almost 30% of anyone's government pay.

Suggestion #6 - A players EXP shouldn't be taken into account for any kinda tax more or less tax. In a sense of IRL standards, it doesn't make sense to tax someone that has been living in the same area/establishment more than anyone else, just simply based off of how long they have been nourished in a certain area.

Suggestion #7 - Currently for everyone's total wealth and assets, there are 0-499k, 500k-999k, and 1m+ tax brackets. Possibly there could be brackets for 0-249k, 250k-499k, 500k-749k, so one so forth. As well maybe they could decrease the amount of increments in which it taxes the player due to their total wealth or total in assets.

(overall in my opinion I think the new welfare tax is the server's way to implement people to buy VIP and get more VIP sales however I do think there's other ways around it instead of taxing people an obscured amount of welfare tax for everyone of all occupations)

Edited by Frank_Michaelis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 14

I'm sorry , what? 

So, for you guys, Role Playing is bumming on the Pier, catching some fish with your homies, going to the club, playing poker and then going back to the Pier? Basically you are saying that you are living on Government Handouts, and whatever illegal gains you can make, and you can't afford the time it takes to earn 10k by actually working for once? 

The $500 cut hit us all, and it did surprise me too, however, the RP server needs all kinds of activities to make it feel realistic, there should be more workers working, in all walks of life. 

Also, when on the Pier, I rarely see 20 Warreners all lined up cos you guys have it so hard, mostly its high end (modded) cars and bikes, I like the fact that there are a lot of people there and you can get to meet some new players, there is a sense that the City is alive, but I personally don't feel the complaints here justified. The ideas are good about the different Tax brackets etc ( a more even spread) and that certain assets should be taxed different is good too. 

Otherwise don't be such a bum!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Germidor said:

I'm sorry , what? 

So, for you guys, Role Playing is bumming on the Pier, catching some fish with your homies, going to the club, playing poker and then going back to the Pier? Basically you are saying that you are living on Government Handouts, and whatever illegal gains you can make, and you can't afford the time it takes to earn 10k by actually working for once? 

i was using fishing as more of a idea of income idea, sorry if that has upset you..  

but the idea of taxes    your salary is lowered the more assets and money you have  to then be taxed on top of the salary/ Hard money you earn 

Edited by James Sakamoto

54 minutes ago, James Sakamoto said:

i was using fishing as more of a idea of income idea, sorry if that has upset you..  (didn't )

but the idea of taxes    your salary is lowered the more assets and money you have  to then be taxed on top of the salary/ Hard money you earn 

So IRL you pay Income Tax on your salary, and VAT on goods services, the server is just the same, my feeling is that it is designed to encourage players to actually do some other RP than fishing/gambling and improve the overall gaming experience. 

I'm neutral to some aspects.

It makes full sense that any of the current existing wealthy players face an extremely reduced welfare check, if you have multiple millions in assets you should be able to live off other methods than welfare alone.

However, I do agree that the "Tax Brackets" need some adjusting to align with the inflation that the servers economy has faced. Currently the "maximum" tax bracket is $1,000,000. In my opinion this should be increased to anywhere in the range of 3-5 mil minimum, and then scaling up the lower tax brackets ranges to align with this.

This would allow the players with a lower net worth to still obtain their Welfare and also not have their activities taxed as heavily, as currently the "scripted" jobs are essentially ruined by the low tax brackets compared to the scale of wealth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not support lowering taxes on the wealthiest of people! I think the money gap is large enough.

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

However, I do agree that the "Tax Brackets" need some adjusting to align with the inflation that the servers economy has faced. Currently the "maximum" tax bracket is $1,000,000. In my opinion this should be increased to anywhere in the range of 3-5 mil minimum, and then scaling up the lower tax brackets ranges to align with this.

^ This

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

+1 with the OP and this suggestion.

Adding more depth economy wise and give a little break for those in a lower tax bracket and newer players

On 6/24/2020 at 2:21 PM, Frank_Michaelis said:

Suggestion #3 - Tax players less on non-faction/"sign-up" jobs such as: miner, fisherman, garbageman, fuel transporter, postal transporter, money transported, and many more. I don't really find it rationale that people, whether they're rich or not, are paying the same amount of tax in comparison for example a mechanic at LSC. These jobs typically take up more time and occupation if they're not as privileged to acquire a position in some of these faction jobs. The fact that people who choose to work these jobs are still being taxed the same as "Faction occupational" positions through out the city is not fair from a standpoint of someone trying to get on their feet and getting taxed the same.

Trainees at the mechanic shop start out with 5k an hour doing mining or fishing even you can make double that with "freelance jobs" faction jobs like mechanics specifically are being hit hard by this for every 5k made, taxes are taking 2k of that. . .  2 hours for 6k after taxes. isn't much.

• Like 1

Look at private business fees, for simply registration and licensing, even if it's a small unscripted business you want to do and own with no consistent profit or guarantee of said profit.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fanci said:

Trainees at the mechanic shop start out with 5k an hour doing mining or fishing even you can make double that with "freelance jobs" faction jobs like mechanics specifically are being hit hard by this for every 5k made, taxes are taking 2k of that. . .  2 hours for 6k after taxes. isn't much.

Are you guys really at 40% tax on your income? Currently I am at 4% , I can't image how much wealth you must have to be on a 40% Tax Bracket? As someone else stated, if you have THAT much personal wealth, do you really expect to be treated the same as someone who probably only has a cheap car and no home? 

I am reasonably new to this so I haven't been able to accumulate a lot of cash/wealth etc, so I don't have the same grievances or problems. 

8 hours ago, Fanci said:

yes but in the mechanic job you dont need to do any thing just AFK and they pay you but in the mining or other jobs you need actually do some thing more then 1000 times i call for a mechanic and more then 11 mechanic was on duty but no one answering to  calls because they are abusing the fact you cant take out the truck if you are not high rank