stormy69

Why so many luxury apartments?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are with the new addition of apartments. I loved this implementation, but does anyone feel that there are way too many being added to the city? 

I'm just trying to understand the purpose of this and how it will have a positive impact on the current housing market.

• NAY 2
  • Upvote 1

I do believe this was thought of as a solution to fix the mass wave of new people that joined the city but can't find a home because of the housing market through the roof. I don't believe it should be looked at as an issue tho. It'll keep new people in the city with a more realistic grinding purpose and with fair pricing I'm sure more people would sell more property than just sit on it.

I honestly believe if someone feel they could not sell their houses because of this then...they're probably was one of the people asking 1.5/2 million for a 1G  and 500 storage. 

it's pretty fair in my opinion, But I'm also just a consumer not into the business of Property management yet so it may be different from another perspective.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, Bankz said:

I do believe this was thought of as a solution to fix the mass wave of new people that joined the city but can't find a home because of the housing market through the roof. I don't believe it should be looked at as an issue tho. It'll keep new people in the city with a more realistic grinding purpose and with fair pricing I'm sure more people would sell more property than just sit on it.

I honestly believe if someone feel they could not sell their houses because of this then...they're probably was one of the people asking 1.5/2 million for a 1G  and 500 storage. 

it's pretty fair in my opinion, But I'm also just a consumer not into the business of Property management yet so it may be different from another perspective.

While I do agree that this was thought of as a solution to fix the increase in new people, I don't believe that luxurious properties should be flooding the market. Because that is what they are... luxurious properties. I may be just a bit salty since I was one of the many that camped out to get these apartments at a "fair" price, but I'm failing to understand how this is going to fix anything. Why should the average-Joe be able to afford something like that? If anything, I feel that there needs to be more mid-range housing available (upper-end 1G houses / 2G houses). 

Unless there is going to be a change to the interiors of the current houses, I don't believe that flooding the market with luxury interior 2G's are going to do anything good for the market. 

TLDR: There needs to be more middle-tier housing and less high-end housing with the current interiors available. 

• Upvote 1

I think that giving access to more housing was a minor thing with the update, major part of it was to clean out some bank accounts. If that worked is another debate, cause barely any bought them betweem 1 and 2,5 mil, most people waiting till around 500K to buy anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pegasus_ said:

I think that giving access to more housing was a minor thing with the update, major part of it was to clean out some bank accounts. If that worked is another debate, cause barely any bought them betweem 1 and 2,5 mil, most people waiting till around 500K to buy anything.

Right, which seems almost counter intuitive as the majority of people waiting to buy at that 500k-range price were mainly buying to sell at a higher price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stormy69 said:

Right, which seems almost counter intuitive as the majority of people waiting to buy at that 500k-range price were mainly buying to sell at a higher price. 

That's a problem with the player's, not intention of the admins. I agree though, I think it would benefit the market having a stay-period of a couple of weeks after a property has been sold so it is stuck on the current owner.

• Like 1

Honestly, I love the apartments and awesome local parking in the buildings garage. 

However, I initially thought interiors would vary depending on where in the city you are as well as price. Eclipse Towers or even Rockford Hills has the "high society" feel. Versus those next to MotorSport it would be a bit more " normalish?" I'm sure these are soon to come in some fashion, awesome implementation of group housing in one location. 

You cant really add more houses, as at the end, theres a limited number of houses on the map.

Regarding the apartments themselves, they are all taken from GTA:O, so the interiors that are available there are from that. I just assume it was a lot easier to implement and honestly, having a view that matches where your house is feels really good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaesarSeizure said:

You cant really add more houses, as at the end, theres a limited number of houses on the map.

Regarding the apartments themselves, they are all taken from GTA:O, so the interiors that are available there are from that. I just assume it was a lot easier to implement and honestly, having a view that matches where your house is feels really good.

Correct, there are a limited number of houses on the map. However, I don't believe that all of the houses are being utilized (could be mistaken).

As I agree with the new apartments being taken from GTA:O. There are many "apartments" in the city that aren't from GTA:O. Example of this are the ones in Strawberry/Forum Dr. These are set up the same way the houses are. 

Overall, I understand the points that are being made. I just don't agree with the aspect of these apartments being all high-end. At the end of it all, I guarantee that the ones that are added will be in the 200-500k range. Which doesn't make much sense to me given the interiors.

55 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

The new wave of apartments was way too premature. Give the housing market a chance to fix itself from the newly added 300 apartments before you add another 300 apartments. Seems like it's too late now and the market is going to go to shit.

100% agree. The markets going to become too overly saturated with these being added. Are you sure it’s only 600 total? I thought it might be more.

Apartments are basically worthless now I bought one in eclipse towers for 1.4m thinking it was rare ish and luxury and a few weeks later they added more and the price of mine will sell for less than 500k because there are way to many. It just makes me sad I grinded for one thinking it was good investment and it was rare ish just for devs to add more when the market for apartments was already bad. The other thing is where does it stop, will they just keep adding 50 when they sell out of them will there be some kind of cap.

More veterans will most likely invest in these luxury 2gs. Resulting in 1gs dropping in value and most likely being more affordable for newer players. I know I plan personally to clean out my 1gs at a loss just to have house slots for these apartments. 

• Upvote 2

adding more Apartments was a very good idea

because the first 2 day the price was going down i check 2 or 3  buildings it was more then 10 player waiting to price go to 300k to buy 3 to 4 Apartments ans sell it for 800k or or more 

like always no one cares about RP every one just playing to get more money 

Don't forget that the reason for adding these apartments is that the players who enter the server in the future will not have to pay one million for one apartment. It was  good  punishment for people who bought a lot of apartments to sell at a higher price.All players have the right to use new apartments, but not to pay three times the actual price of the apartment

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Qiang said:

like always no one cares about RP every one just playing to get more money 

Playing to get more money is a form of RP. It is the same as real life where people see an opportunity and want to capitalize on it. How can you blame people for wanting to buy properties for cheap and selling higher for profit? You'd be a fool not to. 

15 minutes ago, Qiang said:

Don't forget that the reason for adding these apartments is that the players who enter the server in the future will not have to pay one million for one apartment. It was  good  punishment for people who bought a lot of apartments to sell at a higher price.All players have the right to use new apartments, but not to pay three times the actual price of the apartment

Players who enter in the future SHOULD pay high for apartments like these. Just as 3G/4G's in Vinewood should not be sold for dirt-cheap, neither should luxury apartments. If pleasing the new players was the actual goal, more low-end apartments/houses would have been added.

18 minutes ago, stormy69 said:

Playing to get more money is a form of RP. It is the same as real life where people see an opportunity and want to capitalize on it. How can you blame people for wanting to buy properties for cheap and selling higher for profit?

yes money is part of RP but is shouldn't  be the first element in RP experience

19 minutes ago, stormy69 said:

You'd be a fool not to.

thats why i never buy 1 for 1m i just wait to get to 250 and then only buy 1 not 4 

already seeing people selling their houses to open space for the new apartments to put it for 1 m (KEKW good luck on your sell )

20 minutes ago, stormy69 said:

Players who enter in the future SHOULD pay high for apartments like these. Just as 3G/4G's in Vinewood should not be sold for dirt-cheap, neither should luxury apartments. If pleasing the new players was the actual goal, more low-end apartments/houses would have been added.

so you saying as a new player he should work to earn 1.2 m to buy a 2g house you know how hard is to earn that as new player when you dont have and exp about jobs and how long does it take to make that money????????

more apartments more players more RP 

less apartments less players (players loging out at bank ) less real RP 

• NAY 1

9 minutes ago, Qiang said:

so you saying as a new player he should work to earn 1.2 m to buy a 2g house you know how hard is to earn that as new player when you dont have and exp about jobs and how long does it take to make that money????????

Yes, a new player should work to earn 1.2m to buy a high-end 2g apartment. I started with a 150k 1G trailer in a trailer park, there is no reason that something of that scale shouldn't be worked for. Same thing with supers, gas stations, stores, etc. They shouldn't be easily obtainable and they should develop their own RP strategy to get to that point. Whether that be flipping cars to purchase their first home, starting their own business, or mining until they pull their hair out.. they have every opportunity to get to that point. 

13 minutes ago, Qiang said:

more apartments more players more RP 

less apartments less players (players loging out at bank ) less real RP 

You are making the assumption that having an apartment/house is necessary to RP. This is so far from reality.  

The housing market has seen a steady increase in price as housing is limited to the number of houses in the city physically. Adding these apartments gives more RP quality, less vehicles on the street, a bigger market of homes and locations, etc. If housing was not added the amount to simply buy a house will forever increase as the rich get richer. We do not know the future plans of the developers and honestly we have little say in that regard. I think this change has had a positive affect in letting people in on the housing market instead of the cap increasing as every house gets flipped for profit continuously. We also know a housing tax is coming and it could be very hard to own several apartments/houses with this new tax. 250k is a great price for a 2g especially with the interior and leaves plenty of room for future profit... but those who were impatient and had to have the apartment on drop are the ones who lose for being impatient. 700 apartments on a server that has a rotating player-base of around 500 people at any time doesn't seem unreasonable. I would imagine the player-base is somewhere around 5000 players in an out. The other worthy note is these apartments have no exterior which is a big selling point for real estate. All these signs should of been a thought before investing in something so soon.

Edited by PurplePlant
  • Upvote 1

This thread is hilarious, everyone splashed out thinking they'd be able to sell the properties on for profit now they're mad because the markets been flooded 😂

This type of thing happens in real life guys, there was demand for property, that demand was met and the market changed accordingly. Don't be mad just because you didn't win, learn from it and move on. Just like in real life, big money investments are never a sure thing, be smarter with your money if you don't want to get burned.

• NAY 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DaleGribble said:

This thread is hilarious, everyone splashed out thinking they'd be able to sell the properties on for profit now they're mad because the markets been flooded 😂

This type of thing happens in real life guys, there was demand for property, that demand was met and the market changed accordingly. Don't be mad just because you didn't win, learn from it and move on. Just like in real life, big money investments are never a sure thing, be smarter with your money if you don't want to get burned.

If the demand was “met” why were so many apartments left unpurchased?

12 hours ago, stormy69 said:

If the demand was “met” why were so many apartments left unpurchased?

because it's tanking the price of entry level housing?

It's achieved exactly what was set out to achieve, accessible, uninflated housing. Nobody will buy a shitty 1g shitshak for 250-350k when they can now buy a 2g apartment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.