Maserati24

Different maximum speed capacity of sportscars

It doesnt make sense why cars (mostly sports cars) are locked to a specific speed limit (which is 200km/h). Well for me it will be more realistic if each of the sports cars or cars in general has its own limit (or beyond 240km/h) because it will not make sense to upgrade or change my car to a higher spec or higher priced car if the speed limit will be the same. It will be better if we can differentiate each car which is faster and which is not so it will be a motivation for us to get a higher class of sportscar. lets say for example NERO (bugatti) will be the same speed limit (240km/h) as Elegy Retro (skyline), why would I pay 1Mil if i can get the same speed with a cheaper car? Aesthetics are not enough to justify my upgrade from Elegy Retro to Nero. 

Well for me in reality Elegy Retro (skyline) can do more than 200km/h since Elegy retro is considered already as a sportscar.

If police has a problem chasing those supercars because assuming that the speed limit (240km/h) has been removed it will be better for PD to get police supercars for high speed chase. 

Any thoughts about this topic for cars enthusiast?

12 minutes ago, Cadet said:

remove the cap! PD vehicles could get a buff to make it even if that's the issue.

yup, but no need to buff the PD vehicles they can just issue sports police car for high speed chase. just like OOC in Dubai it will be cool,

• Like 1

the police supercars are actually slower than the regular cruisers, because they are stock. we've been pushing to change that, so we wouldn't need a speed cap.

The helicopter also only goes up to 240 at best. If it went 300 like it does irl, wouldn't be an issue

The speed cap was imposed because players would intentionally lower their settings to gain advantage over others. It is not realistic to magically have your car go faster than another person purely because your PC is more powerful.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2020 at 5:17 PM, Havana said:

the police supercars are actually slower than the regular cruisers, because they are stock. we've been pushing to change that, so we wouldn't need a speed cap.

The helicopter also only goes up to 240 at best. If it went 300 like it does irl, wouldn't be an issue

I'm happy to see that this is a shared opinion, had PD been given the "unique" assets with the speed and capability of chasing these faster cars, it would make sense that the cap would be removed.

However, I do agree that  certain cars could be fine tuned/un-nerfed with the introduction of the speed cap, that being super cars and other sports cars that would realistically pass 240 km/h IRL. From a criminal perspective alone, I would be much happier to be overtaken in a super car by another super car and not run of the mill crown vic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CallumMontie said:

Due to them being nerfed, which imo should be reverted with the cap existing.

I agree. 
And no, not because I own a super. But I hope people agree its a bit messed to see a Rapid GT pass while doing 195-205 in a Turismo. 
Also kinda gives me some Need For Speed feelings where every single cop car can catch up with the world best performing street cars. And Need For Speed is an arcade racing game. This is all a bout realism.

I'm down for removing the cap. It was fine as is. maybe nerf the retro if the issue was them hitting 300+. The cap altogether was a little dissapointing. PD should lose some pursuits. IRL, cops cant catch all the fast cars. Also, the tollbooths make it harder for PD to lose high-speed cars since they can't just do top speed runs around the map anymore. (maybe even add more tolls :DDD)

14 hours ago, shimo said:

The speed cap was imposed because players would intentionally lower their settings to gain advantage over others. It is not realistic to magically have your car go faster than another person purely because your PC is more powerful.

Is there a fix for that or this is something we can't do anything about it? Because really the cap is depressing it feels like it doesn't justify the features of a sports car or supercar if we limit them using speed cap.

The abuse of game mechanics by turning down settings, kicking tires, etc to take advantage of compressions is depressing and if we cannot conduct ourselves fairly and fall victim to play to win strategies like this, a speed cap is the result.

I personally would prefer if PD vehicles were simply more realistic. It seems that someone figured out how to give each faction a differently spec-ed crown victoria, so i would expect that they would be able to do the same with the police T20. and there is no reason why the helicopter would not be able to be boosted to 300 to keep up with all the Rapids, just like the eurocopter does IRL

The speed cap basically makes highway racing which was already pretty boring even more boring when you feel like using a top speed oriented car.

I think balancing between the servers criminal players and police players shouldn't impose a script that limits actions for players outside of those 2 groups.

I would +1 to remove the cap.

Edited by kenichis

-1 Cap is really good. in terms of balancing.

However some fast sports cars should drive 240 Regardless of your PC specs, please buff these vehicles, and add a sportscar that achieves this so that everyone would be able to get these speeds. Not just the rich

The crown vic, goes 230 regardless of your computer, or hitting bumps. same should happen to the comet retro, gauntlet hellfire and rapid GT

Edited by NM369
  • NAY 2

13 minutes ago, NM369 said:

-1 Cap is really good. in terms of balancing.

However some fast sports cars should drive 240 Regardless of your PC specs, please buff these vehicles, and add a sportscar that achieves this so that everyone would be able to get these speeds. Not just the rich

The crown vic, goes 230 regardless of your computer, or hitting bumps. same should happen to the comet retro, gauntlet hellfire and rapid GT

basically if they can go 230 with crownvics regardless of the pc specs then this should happen to everyone, gaining the deserved speed base on the car not with pc specs

Hello!

The cap of 240 was introduced due to certain cars being able to exceed 300+ with the exploitation of game bugs or by having a higher FPS than others. We are not going to remove this cap for said reason. This cap did not introduce a nerf for super cars as super cars weren't able to go over their current top speed pre-240 cap implementation, no vehicles had their top speed lowered other than those affected by these broken game mechanics. 

I will not lock this suggestion, however, if it continues derail into another topic that promotes the attack on a faction in terms of "nerfing" them, when the original poster has nothing  in their suggestion to suggest that was their goal, then I will. 

The original poster wants to increase the speed of supers and sports cars (those that don't go much over 200 by default) to be in their own opinion, more realistic.

Again, the cap of 240 will not be removed as the only vehicles that can achieve that speed or higher (currently) are those affected by broken game mechanics, such as bumps - swerving - tire kicking or higher FPS. 

It doesnt make sense why cars (mostly sports cars) are locked to a specific speed limit (which is 200km/h). Well for me it will be more realistic if each of the sports cars or cars in general has its own limit (or beyond 240km/h) because it will not make sense to upgrade or change my car to a higher spec or higher priced car if the speed limit will be the same. It will be better if we can differentiate each car which is faster and which is not so it will be a motivation for us to get a higher class of sportscar. lets say for example NERO (bugatti) will be the same speed limit (240km/h) as Elegy Retro (skyline), why would I pay 1Mil if i can get the same speed with a cheaper car? Aesthetics are not enough to justify my upgrade from Elegy Retro to Nero. 

Well for me in reality Elegy Retro (skyline) can do more than 200km/h since Elegy retro is considered already as a sportscar.

If police has a problem chasing those supercars because assuming that the speed limit (240km/h) has been removed it will be better for PD to get police supercars for high speed chase. 

Any thoughts about this topic for cars enthusiast?

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.