Bala

The Body Timers

The problem i have with timers is that this one does not even show a /ame and it is only clear that someone is trying to pick someone up when the timer runs out. 

Same issue is when people check inventories, the /ame needs to show up at the start rather than when the person already opens it.

Just had to deal with carrying a lot of dead bodies around and it takes so long to get around the timer. I use the command, type out a /me and the timer is still going...

It just makes no sense to me that you have to rp it, wait for a response and then another what 15-20 seconds to pick the body up?

Lets say you're in a situation when you need to move a body quickly, you're fucked.

I dont think that timers are needed for many things, unlocking stuff etc.. makes sense, but this just takes too long.

+1 I was trying to pick up an injured ally after a shootout, cops closing in, did command, waited for timer, BAM picked up some random dead body, then,  walked a tiny bit away did drop command, waited timer, dropped it, walked back to ally, did command, waited timer, bam, picked up the SAME body from like 5 feet away. Dropped, timer, then did carry, waited timer, walked to car, stores body, waited ANOTHER TIMER, then finally drove off. Added 2 mins from a stupid glitch... cops were literally there as i put him in the trunk..

• Like 1

Great addition @GOAT to body pickups, yep, needs refinement. It's understandable in gaming development though, you create something with a heavy restriction or burden then soften and refine it as you figure out what your players want and how they use it.

/ame's should be as you initiate the pickup/drop/store.

• Pickup.
    • Alive (you care more about not injuring them further) - 4-6 seconds.
    • Dead (what more damage can you do?) - 2-3 seconds.
  • Dropping
    • Alive (still don't want to hurt them more) - 2-3 seconds.
    • Dead (eh) - Instant.
  • Storing / Retrieving
    • Alive (you'll be in here just for a few minutes, you'll be fine!) - 3-5 seconds.
    • Dead (nothing to see here) - 1-3 seconds.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Xoza said:

Great addition @GOAT to body pickups, yep, needs refinement. It's understandable in gaming development though, you create something with a heavy restriction or burden then soften and refine it as you figure out what your players want and how they use it.

• Pickup.
  • Dropping
    • Dead (eh) - Instant.
  • Storing / Retrieving
    • Alive (you'll be in here just for a few minutes, you'll be fine!) - 3-5 seconds.

The above covers it perfectly. 

On 2/25/2020 at 3:29 PM, Phantas said:

The worst is now when you pick up a dead body by accident when you mean to pick up your friend who is bleeding out.

This is the worse thing it can happen . You wait for 10 seconds in the middle of a shootout and because of the script you pick a dead body , then you need to drop it again and pick another one . 
Lets think that IRL you can also drag bodies and that dosent take that much time as carrying one 

On 3/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, Xoza said:

• Pickup.
  • Dropping
    • Dead (eh) - Instant.
  • Storing / Retrieving

+1 to this

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.