SuBDivisions23

Housing Build Limitations

So recently i decided to undertake the extreme task of rennovating my very empty backyard (As shown in the picture). This is a 4 car garage house (Despite the looks) and i wanted to make it a really nice spot to use in roleplay due to the vast space and possibilities. Unfortunately...that cannot happen and ill explain why.

This is my property's backyard: unknown.png

As you can see, it is full of empty dead space despite being quite a nice house (ignore the tire marks, was me parking to get on my roof). The issue lies in the "Property Lines" (AKA the range i can build). The Table over by the Hot Tub is currently the limit of my property (it goes a bit further by the pool but now by much at all). My Entire wooden patio with the umbrella and hot tub is completely empty and unusable, so i cant even put down a table and some chairs with maybe a couch and a grille. The Space by the wall across my house near the pool is also completely empty, i couldve put something like a Bar there or some tanning chairs.

Onto the next point, The Limit of items. I am unsure if it is 15 or 30 (Government Employee said 15, my Friend said 30) which means even if i could use all this space, it would still be very scarce. Just to liven up my wooden patio would cost 10 or so items alone if im going for a Barbecue like hangout mentioned above. The space currently under where i am standing (where the tire marks are) is super open and i could do so much there but due to the limit of items it too would be scarce. (My current Plan for that area was a beautiful car workshop, couple tool carts, a workbench, and a roof to protect from the elements to roleplay working on my own vehicles as i was a mechanic and am one IRL) Theres infinite possibilities for this backyard, and this isnt a cheapo backyard either. 4G houses are known to go for millions and to have one where i cant really customize my empty backyard really sucks. 

Now im not saying i should be able to put down like 100 items, god no, the server probably cant handle that. The max i would Say would be 50 lets say, BUT this is what i had in mind.

1G Houses are often apartments or very small houses, so building on them isnt usually done so there is no problem there.

2G Houses are small houses to Medium houses, so the 15 item limit works alright for them as there isnt space to do much.

3G Houses are quite large and can take up the 30 item spot. Some have very spacious areas while others not so much, but more often to not they are quite Spacious

4G These are often Very large Properties (Like mine), Sometimes even mansions, and the 15 (or 30) build limit really hampers their potential. id say 50 items should be the max as thats enough to build either a really nice extension, or a really kick ass backyard that could physically be used during a party or in a roleplay scenario.

Now once more to the build Limits, they shouldnt be allowed to go on public property (IE Streets) but still should completely cover the backyard. From what ive gathered they are a sphere area around a set point on a house. The area should be a sphere is the backyard is spherical in nature, but in the case of mine, it should be rectangular to cover the confines of my own property without extending onto public property or other peoples property.

Keep in mind this is all a suggestion and heavily subject to change, Please consider other options as id love to hear them!

*Edit on 7/28/2020*
So this has just came to my attention, but apparently my build limit is not only in the street, but IN my Neighbors front yard up to his front door, and im across the street! I have more build room infront of my house on public property and somebody else's house then i do in my own backyard.

Edited by SuBDivisions23
Added More Shenanigans

Item limitations have already been increased very recently up to 30. I believe it should stay this way at least for some time prior to even considering increasing the limit. One thing related to this that I believe is being looked over is that there are standalone 1 and 2 garage places/trailers with nothing surrounding them. As of right now, the property around them is usable for furniture and they shouldn't be limited as they have the same, if not more, free space than some of the 3 or 4 garage houses on the map. Now on to build areas - all properties have the same kind of build radius, to my knowledge. Unless each and every property was individually looked at, analyzed, and mapped out, changing build radius per property should remain exactly as it is now. To me, as nice as it would be to be able to build on your entire property, this would be tedious work and an absurd undertaking for the development team and not fully worth the massive effort that could be placed elsewhere.

Overall fairly neutral on this suggestion as it's made with good intention but I don't think it's feasible due to vast differences in properties of all sizes/capacity and the work it would take to make such big changes.

Adjustments and increases happen gradually, but we also have players abusing them as well. Unfortunately I don't think it's easy to go to every property and *draw out property lines*. Someone who has a small yard, with a huge radius outside their door, could easily build in other individual's space.

+1

12 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Someone who has a small yard, with a huge radius outside their door, could easily build in other individual's space.

I don't really see a big issue with this, if something like this would happen the player that owns the property that has been built on would just report it and get it removed by admin and some kind of a warrning in thire admin logs, so if they would do it again they would get a small punishment for it, like nonrp.

Edited by Jonaseriksen07

2 minutes ago, Jonaseriksen07 said:

+1

I don't really see a big issue with this, if something like this would happen the player that owns the property that has been built on would just report it and get it removed by admin and some kind of a warrning in thire admin logs, so if they would do it again they would get a small punishment for it, like nonrp.

Agreed, down side though is I don't think there are a lot of individuals who can do this at this time.

• Upvote 1

a BIG +1.

As you see, this is my 4G House;

KZ1Q8qE_-_Imgur.jpg

Now, I have a quite big House which that prevent me to build in certins areas of the House and limits me even though It's in my property.
This is my backyard, Now I have marked where the radius limit is;

t2xwoUP.jpg

I can not build further than those chairs and barbecue, which is unfortunate because there are parts in my house that I might want them covered up for privacy but because the Radius is too small compare the House It limits certin parts of the House for me so nothing I can do about this really.

Uithdxj.jpgNtI2wcj.jpg

I love the radius increase and furniture items limit suggestions, I have been suggesting those issues as well in the past:

1. The furniture items limit: I think it would be nice if they would increase the amount of furniture you can buy based on what House you own, they could do 1G = 15 items limit / 2G = 20-25 items limit / 3G = 30-35 items limit / 4G = 35-50 items limit (Depends on how big the property is).

2. The Radius limit of items: It would be nice if they would increase the limit depends on what House you own, because it wouldn't make sense for me to have a giant House/Mansion and not being able to use the most of the Area.

Overall, I think more furnitures and radius would increase the RP in general.  Again, +1.

Edited by Ohad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.