Swattpup1989

Desperate Changes to Robbing

In my personal opinion, something needs to be said or done to those who are doing robberies on people. Recently I have been robbed numerous times and they all do the same thing. The entire interaction is rushed and powergamed beyond belief.
Robber(s) - Hands hands
Robber(s) - drop the fucking gun
Meanwhile your typing the entire RP response of unholstering a gun since they decide to not RP frisking or removing it themselves
Robber(s) - You have 5 seconds to drop the gun. 1 2 3 4 5
Opens fire

This whole countdown thing in itself is powergaming along with deathmatching in my opinion. You can not expect someone to type unholstering a gun via /me and doing everything else when your literally giving them 5 seconds to type out the RP for removing the gun. And then having to OOC equip it and then do /dropgun.

It has become extremely irritating in the fact, a robbery doesn't even feel like a robbery. The entire depth of the robbery is gone because they just start screaming and yelling and then when you start to type out the RP for unholstering a gun or dropping the gun. They start screaming your stalling or going into OOC saying your stalling. Then ICly they just shoot you or they just scream and yell.

I honestly feel a rule change needs to happen where these "ultimatum choices" need to not be allowed. It causes more issues than it does improve the RP we are looking for.
Another option to fix this is we imply a minimum time thing that is allowed instead of people saying you have 2 seconds or 5 seconds to do something. Not everyone on the server can type a million words a minute and truthfully they shouldn't have to.

At one point or another it can be seen as stalling but on the other hand. I have been told by numerous people including staff we are to RP everything during a robbery now including dropping the gun or unholstering. If this is not correct, please correct me. But at this current point in time, it is impossible to RP any of that stuff during a robbery without being shot to death because they want to force the RP in their advantage.

Would love to hear anyone elses opinion on this.

Added note - I am noticing this more and more with the smaller gangs or randoms doing robberies. Most of the bigger gangs enjoy making the RP full of actions and commands rather than force your hand into skipping RP.

• Like 6

I thin that the whole idea of robbing need to be corrected!

Its so non-rp to rob people everywhere, irl we have cameras every where so people never rob somebody in a gas station or a public parking lob, they dont rob everywhere in the city by just stopping and showing their weapons first

+1

• Like 2

I'll just straight get to the point, so there are around six of us who moved to RAGE MP and Eclipse was the first server we joined. We really liked the script and enjoyed the server, but after playing for a week or so we changed our mind and decided to go somewhere due to the rob-only mentality of players.

There are no proper rules about robbing. We still had our newbie tag on us and we were being robbed. Like you're going somewhere to buy items, you go out and you'll be robbed. Like seriously that shit is fucked up. Create some fines and decent rules about roleplay. The only roleplay you can find on the server right now is "HANDS UP" - "YOU HAVE 3 SECONDS" - "/ME SHOOTS BECAUSE VICTIM NO HANDS UP".

I am a newly registered player to this server, we were like around seven players who came from a hardcore roleplaying server of SAMP. We wanted to create a decent biker group and had some cool roleplaying ideas but after looking at the poor-status of the server we decided to move on. To be honest the scripts are great, we were having a lot of fun in the start but then we were later being robbed every ten minutes which got annoying. Management needs to do something about this, we really want to join back but with that mentality-no. 

Here's how you can fix this, get some proper robbery rules like one player can only be robbee once randomly. Group rivalry robbing and other shit will have no exceptions. They can use a command amd see if the player was robbed recently. That's how shit should work or get some better rules if you've got better ideas. 

You will barely find new players like me telling the bad-features of a server. They join, see the poor robbery system and decide to quit, so think about it or contact me on discord - I'll tell you other rules you need to add about this poor robbery mentality of players.

Discord: נαмєѕ#1486

Edited by Spongebob
  • Like 3

+1.

Most robberies are toxic as fuck, and in fact. 99% of times I've been robbed, its either while I'm in the middle of an animation ( such as refuel, checking out furniture or entering/exiting my car) Leaving me NO choice but to just fall under the Fear-RP Rule. They will tell you that you are stalling and being toxic etc in OOC if you take too long to type something ( i type pretty fast. ) Also, they do the bare minimum RP as described in the above comments.
This also leads me on to the next thing.

The FEAR-RP Rule, which is utter bullshit in my opinion, as the robbers ALWAYS abuse this rule. I get that you wouldn't pull a gun on someone if 3 pistols are in your head. But one on one happens in real life, its why people have a gun.
I stopped walking with a gun, because it just leads to you being robbed, and you don't get to use it. Because they will always have the upper hand because of the fear-RP rule.
I've played on the server since 2018, and its always been a problem. At least now that I'm a medic, i rarely get robbed, because people know me. But it still happens. When i was a civilian i would get robbed 4-5 times a day ( in perhaps a 6-8 hour span of playtime )
I think somethings needs to be done, you cant be fucking serious that the only four things crims can do that is actually profitable is;
1. Drugs.
2. Weapons.
3. Chop shop.
4. Chain robbing stores/people.

Yes, I'm salty about this. Because i think it completely ruins the quality of role-play in the server. I've had an issue with it for ages, and nothing seems to get done about it.
I love the community, but enough is enough.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have been tutting my horn for many months that something needs to change.

Like I have said before many times, daytime robberies in public places shouldn't happen, unless you have a good RP reason or were provoked. It's not so difficult to add such a simple to understand rule, to improve RP significantly. People will actually hang out at places and stop gathering in NCZ's constantly. CivRP and normal sort of RP will be possible, heck even buying clothes will be normal without anyone rushing in with a gun to rob you. Like seriously, how many times were you held up by some dude with a gun in a clothes store while you were trying on a pair of pants?

I get players can choose to do what they want, but everyone seems to choose a simple, effortless, fast way to just rob people for no reason. We're here to RP, not play GTA Online with text like some people.

• Like 1

Well it comes down to the majority of people in the server aren't in it for RP, its about making money and buying things, living out a fantasy of being a gangbanger. ive put a good amount of hours in this server over the past 3 months and its to the point where I don't interact with anyone EVER outside of NCZ's. when im pumping gas I have /stoprefuel ready and hit it even if a car drives by. I live in California and the atmosphere of this server is more like Iraq then Cali

Proper Roleplay takes too long, if we do /me and /do on every single action, that takes time. You have every citizen driving around you ready to call 911 and you have 100+ active officers in the city. Roleplay has to be rushed, or cops will be on you quickly. Your not losing much, a gps a battery maybe a gun? That’s why with house raids, stealing cars, most robbers will take time role playing searching keys and getting into the house, but you want us to take 5 minutes of Roleplay to steal a gps, radio, and possibly a gun to risk having a cop chase and jail time with 20-30 cops on duty ready to respond with cars that can ram and that go faster then most cars? No thanks, your looking at the Situation in shoes of someone who doesn’t rob, look at a robbers point of view. He can’t get a job anywhere and is on the run, he has to resort to robbing for whatever he can and you want him to take time so he gets caught? If it was a real life situation I wouldn’t be asking questions, I would have my gun at you and tell you give me what you have, it would take seconds in real life just like it should in eclipse. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FiveOh said:

Proper Roleplay takes too long, if we do /me and /do on every single action, that takes time. You have every citizen driving around you ready to call 911 and you have 100+ active officers in the city. Roleplay has to be rushed, or cops will be on you quickly. Your not losing much, a gps a battery maybe a gun? That’s why with house raids, stealing cars, most robbers will take time role playing searching keys and getting into the house, but you want us to take 5 minutes of Roleplay to steal a gps, radio, and possibly a gun to risk having a cop chase and jail time with 20-30 cops on duty ready to respond with cars that can ram and that go faster then most cars? No thanks, your looking at the Situation in shoes of someone who doesn’t rob, look at a robbers point of view. He can’t get a job anywhere and is on the run, he has to resort to robbing for whatever he can and you want him to take time so he gets caught? If it was a real life situation I wouldn’t be asking questions, I would have my gun at you and tell you give me what you have, it would take seconds in real life just like it should in eclipse. 

This right here proves my point. You legit just said "proper roleplay takes too long". Then don't RP. The rules state as of now we need to RP unholstering a gun and placing it on the ground yet these demands with time limits do not allow us to realistically do the RP for it like the rules call for. It has turned into people giving time limits rather than RPing the frisk because they know the time limits aren't reasonable and its quicker to just injure the person rather than wait for them to RP. It is 100% power gaming.

Also with the fact of looking at it from the position of someone who doesn't rob. My main character on this server was in the Rooks. We prided ourselves on RPing everything. Your a criminal. If doing the time is a problem then don't do the crimes. It comes hand in hand. Your going to go to jail sooner or later.

And your comparing RP to real life. Well in real life we would slowly unholster a gun to not startle you and make your premature shoot. We would also have to slowly remove other items so you don't think we are trying anything funny. I have seen a robbery first hand. People don't rush to throw their things at peoples feet due to they are startled and scared.

In the retrospect of your response, im going to go ahead and assume you may be one of the people this report is referring to. You literally RP for your own SELF gain and care very little for the other people involved in your RP.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Swattpup1989 said:

This right here proves my point. You legit just said "proper roleplay takes too long". Then don't RP. The rules state as of now we need to RP unholstering a gun and placing it on the ground yet these demands with time limits do not allow us to realistically do the RP for it like the rules call for. It has turned into people giving time limits rather than RPing the frisk because they know the time limits aren't reasonable and its quicker to just injure the person rather than wait for them to RP. It is 100% power gaming.

Also with the fact of looking at it from the position of someone who doesn't rob. My main character on this server was in the Rooks. We prided ourselves on RPing everything. Your a criminal. If doing the time is a problem then don't do the crimes. It comes hand in hand. Your going to go to jail sooner or later.

And your comparing RP to real life. Well in real life we would slowly unholster a gun to not startle you and make your premature shoot. We would also have to slowly remove other items so you don't think we are trying anything funny. I have seen a robbery first hand. People don't rush to throw their things at peoples feet due to they are startled and scared.

In the retrospect of your response, im going to go ahead and assume you may be one of the people this report is referring to. You literally RP for your own SELF gain and care very little for the other people involved in your RP.

Did I say that I don’t properly Roleplay? I make 10 player reports a week, I think I know the rules buddy. No I don’t think a real life robbery would have the person moving slowly and taking their sweet fucking time.

Its easy to control a situation like I just said, cops have 20+ on you same with a gang, your robbing someone with 20 fucking people with you, you aren’t going to run into a issue or another gang coming to help save the day, you have support and back up so you can take your sweet time roleplaying every finger your one by one that you place onto the person. Of course I Roleplay for my own self gain, do you think I give a fuck about your pockets or your time? I Roleplay to get money and put people in there place. I have multiple characters, so I’ve been robbed and I’ve done the robbing and it’s happened to me where they say “drop that .50 my nigga” and at the end of the day, I don’t really care about losing a gun, if someone sees a gun on your back, they should be able to tell you to throw it on the ground, there is no Roleplay required for someone dropping a gun. Rushing and not giving time I agree is powergaming, but when we are on a ticking time bomb and we don’t run with a gang, you have the normal super hero citizen that will Interfere, gangs, and cops all after you. If someone breaks the rules, report them. I was putting in my 2 cents, not telling you what I do by the way.

Last time I checked suggestions usually get a +1 or a -1 and a reasoning, didn’t know we were going to get in a debate on a suggestion topic as well as pointing fingers and getting toxic.

5 hours ago, FiveOh said:

I make 10 player reports a week, I think I know the rules buddy.

Boy that's something to write home about. The rules are flawed and I take full advantage of that to spite people.

Of course I Roleplay for my own self gain, do you think I give a fuck about your pockets or your time? I Roleplay to get money and put people in there place.

Good Roleplay is about giving other people opportunities to Roleplay and thus creating a fun scenario. 'putting people in THEIR place' is not Roleplay it's stroking your ego boner so you feel like a big man. We're all nerds sitting behind a computer the difference is some of us don't pretend we're not and try to have fun instead of being Billy big balls.

Last time I checked suggestions usually get a +1 or a -1 and a reasoning,

+1 my reasoning is above. This attitude is exactly why threads like this are made.,

• Like 6

6 hours ago, FiveOh said:

Did I say that I don’t properly Roleplay? I make 10 player reports a week, I think I know the rules buddy. No I don’t think a real life robbery would have the person moving slowly and taking their sweet fucking time.

Its easy to control a situation like I just said, cops have 20+ on you same with a gang, your robbing someone with 20 fucking people with you, you aren’t going to run into a issue or another gang coming to help save the day, you have support and back up so you can take your sweet time roleplaying every finger your one by one that you place onto the person. Of course I Roleplay for my own self gain, do you think I give a fuck about your pockets or your time? I Roleplay to get money and put people in there place. I have multiple characters, so I’ve been robbed and I’ve done the robbing and it’s happened to me where they say “drop that .50 my nigga” and at the end of the day, I don’t really care about losing a gun, if someone sees a gun on your back, they should be able to tell you to throw it on the ground, there is no Roleplay required for someone dropping a gun. Rushing and not giving time I agree is powergaming, but when we are on a ticking time bomb and we don’t run with a gang, you have the normal super hero citizen that will Interfere, gangs, and cops all after you. If someone breaks the rules, report them. I was putting in my 2 cents, not telling you what I do by the way.

Last time I checked suggestions usually get a +1 or a -1 and a reasoning, didn’t know we were going to get in a debate on a suggestion topic as well as pointing fingers and getting toxic.

Your literally proving the reason why changes need to be made regarding robbery. Twice now you have stated you cut corners on RP when it comes to doing criminal stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swattpup1989 said:

Your literally proving the reason why changes need to be made regarding robbery. Twice now you have stated you cut corners on RP when it comes to doing criminal stuff.

FiveOh Is also a player who just robs people and cries about Fear-rp when he gets clapped for it.
Hence the 10 reports a day that he makes. And as he stated himself, he cuts corners and abuses rules as much as he can to stroke his "big ego" 😄
'Nuff said. My point stands even stronger after his statement.

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
  • Like 3

I think a change that could benefit would be that you are either told to drop the gun, at which point you should be allowed to fight back in situations where you are against 1 armed individual (as another discussion or suggestion is talking about, where in certain situations you would try to fight back) OR have the robber do proper roleplay to avoid getting "clapped". 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, Nick_Smokerson said:

FiveOh Is also a player who just robs people and cries about Fear-rp when he gets clapped for it.
Hence the 10 reports a day that he makes. And as he stated himself, he cuts corners and abuses rules as much as he can to stroke his "big ego" 😄
'Nuff said. My point stands even stronger after his statement.

Did anyone say anything to you? That’s why every report I have made but 1 has been accepted right? You say I cut corners but say I cry when someone Fear-rp me which would be cutting corners too right? Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on something that had nothing to do with you. I’m glad you take the time to read my reports that have nothing to do with you yet again, you must have a lot going for you outside the city. Not once did I say I did anything I talked about. Thank you for being toxic on other people’s threads.

+1 Robbing might as well be replaced by a /robs (ID) command with the way people do it lol (not suggesting it be done just making a point!) very boring roleplay wise. Always the same shit, rinse and repeat. I wouldn't mind being robbed if it made any sense and was roleplayed in a fun way - and if the robberies didnt have a 100% success rate every. single. time. A lot of servers (and roleplay environments in general) utilize a dice roll to determine whether an action would be successful and honestly i feel like robbery at the very least needs a system like that. Every time I try to do something different people just get upset because they wanna win, not roleplay. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:30 AM, FiveOh said:

Proper Roleplay takes too long,

wow ok

you have 100+ active officers in the city. 

try like 20, maybe 30 on a good day but ok

Your not losing much, a gps a battery maybe a gun? 

so why do you even bother knowing the risk lol

You've made very good points about why shit NEEDS to change and you've just admitted to how shit the robbing mentality is.

Something has to change. I am scared of going off duty as LSPD because I look left and right when I'm 10 meters away from an NCZ. When I refuel my heart pumps like I got hit with 10 epinephrine shots.

+1 something needs to change

• Like 3