Swattpup1989

Desperate Changes to Robbing

On 2/12/2020 at 1:30 AM, FiveOh said:

Proper Roleplay takes too long, if we do /me and /do on every single action, that takes time. You have every citizen driving around you ready to call 911 and you have 100+ active officers in the city. Roleplay has to be rushed, or cops will be on you quickly. Your not losing much, a gps a battery maybe a gun? That’s why with house raids, stealing cars, most robbers will take time role playing searching keys and getting into the house, but you want us to take 5 minutes of Roleplay to steal a gps, radio, and possibly a gun to risk having a cop chase and jail time with 20-30 cops on duty ready to respond with cars that can ram and that go faster then most cars? No thanks, your looking at the Situation in shoes of someone who doesn’t rob, look at a robbers point of view. He can’t get a job anywhere and is on the run, he has to resort to robbing for whatever he can and you want him to take time so he gets caught? If it was a real life situation I wouldn’t be asking questions, I would have my gun at you and tell you give me what you have, it would take seconds in real life just like it should in eclipse. 

+1

Proper Roleplay also indicates that Robbing a dude putting gas in his car or camping the dropoff for any material specialy the mining one has nothing to do with being RP... 
I hate the fact that a robbery can happen to me at a dropoff and take like 5 seconds because we all know there is no "criminal"  in town that actualy does the robery for the RP like the posts says... all you hear is hands hands, drop and give no frisking no would i have any resistance no, drags him to a quiet place nop NOTHING... right there in the middle of the road HANDS HANDS DROP FAST I GOT TO GO ! like dude at least try to do something about the whole scene not just steal the money that the person works for... I would have no trouble doing a 15 - 30 mins scene where i get robbed the propper way, i would give the money, that would make people less interested in robbing because you don't get 10k in 2 minutes for some powergame bullshit that if the person does not obey you say that they FearRP... like when have you ever been robbed in real life for going to a drop off for your job ? 

The zones need to be protected and there should be a proper RP rule for robbery... This shit kills the fun for everyone that just wants to play clean and do there mining calmly like you would do any job in the real world that the RP part is trying to imitate ... the fact that you camp the dropoff zones should be concidered powergaming in itself... 

And then the force RP for HANDS HANDS DROP !... like dude can we please have a proper scene, get me in a back alley and RP the scene... 

• Like 3

100% agree with the post. 

It’s mad annoying.  Can’t make any real money in the city unless you get a gov job.  Trying to mine?  Good luck, got my vehicle stuck, and got robbed twice within ten minutes just trying to get it unstuck.  

literally can’t go anywhere without a group can’t do anything without having a vehicle right next to you to flee.  Trying to go to the gas station?  Better be quick otherwise you’ll probably get robbed.  I live a pretty ghetto city and been to Cali.  It’s nothing like this.  Lol, having to pan your head all around when pumping gas because anyone that comes up is probably going to rob you. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:30 AM, FiveOh said:

Proper Roleplay takes too long, if we do /me and /do on every single action, that takes time. You have every citizen driving around you ready to call 911 and you have 100+ active officers in the city. Roleplay has to be rushed, or cops will be on you quickly. Your not losing much, a gps a battery maybe a gun? That’s why with house raids, stealing cars, most robbers will take time role playing searching keys and getting into the house, but you want us to take 5 minutes of Roleplay to steal a gps, radio, and possibly a gun to risk having a cop chase and jail time with 20-30 cops on duty ready to respond with cars that can ram and that go faster then most cars? No thanks, your looking at the Situation in shoes of someone who doesn’t rob, look at a robbers point of view. He can’t get a job anywhere and is on the run, he has to resort to robbing for whatever he can and you want him to take time so he gets caught? If it was a real life situation I wouldn’t be asking questions, I would have my gun at you and tell you give me what you have, it would take seconds in real life just like it should in eclipse. 

This is a RolePlay server if you want to RolePlay than RolePlay if you don't then quit it and don't ruin the real quality RolePlay which most of us wants.

+1

Going to get clothes at a clothing shop or even going to the barbers and people still try to rob you I don't understand? How is that RP robbing, robbers normally choose dark allies or places secluded away from others, not the fucking parking lot next to LSPD where every one is all the time? Fix the robbing rules, the fact that you can't even pump gas without being in fear or even having a conversation at the local gas station without the fear of a gang pulling up and robbing you is some bs.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:30 AM, FiveOh said:

@FiveOh See dude you're the fucking problem with the server nowadays, are you fucking kidding me "Proper Roleplay takes too long, if we do /me and /do on every single action, that takes time" bro THIS IS A ROLEPLAY SERVER GO PLAY COPS AND ROBBERS SOMEWHERE ELSE. You're what is so wrong with this server, everyone like you has this fucking only win no matter the cost or roleplay mentality. 5$ says you combat log on frequent occasions and blame it on your dog chewing your pc cable.

• Like 1

+1

I feel most non-affiliated criminals try to make the RP as quick as possible because the longer it takes, the higher chance police will drive by or a bystander will call the police. This is completely unfair for the victim. There should definitely be an extension of roleplay instead of:

Robber: (Finds a random player in the middle of the street) HANDS HANDS HANDS KNEES KNEES

Victim: /down

Robber: /me pats down person. /do s?

Victim: /do s

Robber: /frisk (id)

Victim: /friskapprove (id)

Robber: (After frisking) DROP THE GUN NOW

Victim: Why don't you just take it off me?

Robber: /b Fear RP and stalling drop the gun or /report

Victim: /me unholsters the gun from their waist and-

Robber: 5 4 3 2 -

Victim: -slowly puts the gun on the gr-

Robber: -1 (Proceeds to open fire and loot the victim)

A way this could be improved is adding a rule where in the event of a robbery, the robber must allow the victim enough time to type out their roleplay. If the robber blatantly speeds up roleplay to avoid a bystander spotting the robbery, then that would be a violation of this rule.

• Like 1

I think when you compromise the role-play standard for a higher population count, situations like this are almost inevitable. Speaking as part of LSPD, the majority of the robbers.. non-role-players and combat loggers are new players. Because anyone that has a vested interest in this server knows better than to pull that shit.

I said it on another thread but a lot of new players want to be Scarface, they don't want to be Tony Montana. We have an over-inflated economy that feeds the 'get rich or die tryin' mentality, so of course people are going out there and robbing each other. It's a dog eat dog server.

Ballas have been stomped out by WCA very recently, dog eat dog. The Council stomped The Wanted out of existence, dog eat dog. You could carry on and on with examples. I'm not saying that was wrong but it's the nature of the beast.

People look to the police but to be real honest, we're so busy chasing the gangs around, half the time we don't see your 911 call about getting robbed until it's too late. Sad but true.

For people personally on the end of this that are continuing to play here, I say you've got three options.

1. You can become a robber yourself and make someone else the victim.
  2. You can continue to whine about being robbed and stay the victim.
  3. You can adapt and minimise your risk of being robbed in the first place. it's still going to happen to you at some point but there's ways and means of avoiding it for the most part.

I'm not a staff member so I can't tell anyone what to do, but if it was me, I'd look at whether having 450-500 people in the server at one time was actually helping or hurting the community. If there is some kind of selection policy about who gets an account here, it's not working because there are some god awful roleplayers coming in recently.

16 hours ago, WobblierDog15 said:

+1

I feel most non-affiliated criminals try to make the RP as quick as possible because the longer it takes, the higher chance police will drive by or a bystander will call the police. This is completely unfair for the victim. There should definitely be an extension of roleplay instead of:

Robber: (Finds a random player in the middle of the street) HANDS HANDS HANDS KNEES KNEES

Victim: /down

Robber: /me pats down person. /do s?

Victim: /do s

Robber: /frisk (id)

Victim: /friskapprove (id)

Robber: (After frisking) DROP THE GUN NOW

Victim: Why don't you just take it off me?

Robber: /b Fear RP and stalling drop the gun or /report

Victim: /me unholsters the gun from their waist and-

Robber: 5 4 3 2 -

Victim: -slowly puts the gun on the gr-

Robber: -1 (Proceeds to open fire and loot the victim)

A way this could be improved is adding a rule where in the event of a robbery, the robber must allow the victim enough time to type out their roleplay. If the robber blatantly speeds up roleplay to avoid a bystander spotting the robbery, then that would be a violation of this rule.

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

I think when you compromise the role-play standard for a higher population count, situations like this are almost inevitable. Speaking as part of LSPD, the majority of the robbers.. non-role-players and combat loggers are new players. Because anyone that has a vested interest in this server knows better than to pull that shit.

I said it on another thread but a lot of new players want to be Scarface, they don't want to be Tony Montana. We have an over-inflated economy that feeds the 'get rich or die tryin' mentality, so of course people are going out there and robbing each other. It's a dog eat dog server.

Ballas have been stomped out by WCA very recently, dog eat dog. The Council stomped The Wanted out of existence, dog eat dog. You could carry on and on with examples. I'm not saying that was wrong but it's the nature of the beast.

People look to the police but to be real honest, we're so busy chasing the gangs around, half the time we don't see your 911 call about getting robbed until it's too late. Sad but true.

For people personally on the end of this that are continuing to play here, I say you've got three options.

1. You can become a robber yourself and make someone else the victim.
  2. You can continue to whine about being robbed and stay the victim.
  3. You can adapt and minimise your risk of being robbed in the first place. it's still going to happen to you at some point but there's ways and means of avoiding it for the most part.

I'm not a staff member so I can't tell anyone what to do, but if it was me, I'd look at whether having 450-500 people in the server at one time was actually helping or hurting the community. If there is some kind of selection policy about who gets an account here, it's not working because there are some god awful roleplayers coming in recently.

+1 how robbing is done: They see a victim, rush it, no rp, hands up, kill, if doesnt goes well, pm to the victim im gonna report. Something has to be done, you cant work without being robbed, sometimes when mining there is 3 or 4 groups all to rob players working.