Xoza

Combine and Simplify Map Icons

The map directory can only hold 100 icons on the list on the left. Some have higher priority than others like Weazel's I believe, so they will always show in the list. However, I believe any blip with the same name will auto sort under its own sublist, clearing up that many spots on the full map directory. Example: "Suburban"

Suggestion is to simplify all map icon names to their basics so more custom icons can fit. Example list below.

• ATM's - Rename all ATM's to "ATM" we can see where they're located. This alone would clear a TON.
  • Clothing - Rename all clothing stores to "Clothing Store"
  • Hunting - Rename all hunting locations to "Hunting Spot" (I think this is already done, but can't see the text on the directory"
  • Refinery - Rename refineries to "Refinery" let new players discover on their own if they're accessible or not.
  • Mors Insurance - Rename all Insurance locations to "Mors Insurance" no matter what kind of vehicle it'll spawn.
  • Pickup Jobs - Rename all pickup jobs like Truck, Garbage, Go Postal, Bus and ATM to "Temporary Job" leave the icons the same so they can be identified, but let new players discover them on their own.

I'm sure there are many others, but this would be a great start!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xoza said:
  • ATM's - Rename all ATM's to "ATM" we can see where they're located. This alone would clear a TON.
  • Clothing - Rename all clothing stores to "Clothing Store"

These two alone would reduce the amount of clutter on the right side immensely. Great suggestion!

• Like 1

I like the suggestion, I believe it could make the legend when in the map more clean and less cluttered. The only proposed idea I disagree with is the renaming of all script jobs, because whilst I do agree that new players should discover these on their own, I believe they need to be separated to make it more (new) player friendly so that they can start the process of exploring and discovering these jobs on their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ItsPazz said:

I like the suggestion, I believe it could make the legend when in the map more clean and less cluttered. The only proposed idea I disagree with is the renaming of all script jobs, because whilst I do agree that new players should discover these on their own, I believe they need to be separated to make it more (new) player friendly so that they can start the process of exploring and discovering these jobs on their own.

+1

I do agree with simplification of map icons as I've noticed that the maximum amount of icons you can review on your map (the name of them) is a 100 and, for example, when you try to review a unit number on a governmental vehicle, lets say LSPD vehicle, it doesn't show the number plate even though it should as it is put in the GPS and should be available to be viewed at all times. I do, however, like what the two post above me person said about the renaming job names, it may be temporary jobs for most of us, however, there is still a bit that may consider those as their full-time jobs since their character is focusing around them etc. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, Osvaldon said:

@Xoza hello, thank you for your suggestion! This will be implemented in the next update. In addition, bank, police station, plantation, drug drop-off, farm and tattoo store blips will be merged.

Don't you think PD and SD should still have separate icons though? Since they are different in colour and it represents what makes them different excellently.