JustTabed

prison/jail rp

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Carter said:

-1 there is already loads of roleplay to be done in prison

YIKES Quoting me like that at the end 😞 

At the end of that day, I still stand by what I said in that quote, it's just the player's mindset needs to change to have active RP in jail and not to tab out and watch Netflix for the duration. 

As a member of DOC, we are actively trying to engage more and provide good RP for the inmates and as of late there has been positive feedback. Unfortunately, as shown by the video posted previous, the player mindset is still in need of work. In the posted video, there were multiple people inside the prison, however, they were AFK (mind you breaking rules being AFK in a public place) and not engaging, therefore not providing roleplay opportunities. More script support would be lovely but without it right now, players do have to actively engage more. 

1 hour ago, MrSilky said:

At the end of that day, I still stand by what I said in that quote, it's just the player's mindset needs to change to have active RP in jail and not to tab out and watch Netflix for the duration. 

Haha there were loads of similar quotes from other people I could have taken, but since you had the support staff tag it added more weight

Another thing about prison is bail where people can get out of prison early but they have to pay. i would like to see this implemented onto the server which would add more realism and also people are paying to get out after serving some of their time in the prison its not like they are just getting let free. 

Edited by Edwin00781

On 12/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, Aldarine said:

As a member of DOC, we are actively trying to engage more and provide good RP for the inmates and as of late there has been positive feedback. Unfortunately, as shown by the video posted previous, the player mindset is still in need of work. In the posted video, there were multiple people inside the prison, however, they were AFK (mind you breaking rules being AFK in a public place) and not engaging, therefore not providing roleplay opportunities. More script support would be lovely but without it right now, players do have to actively engage more. 

I've always been a mainly civilian/legal RPer but I recently landed myself in prison for a decent amount of time. Even when there is enough people willing to roleplay, there simply isn't enough to do and RP with. You could desync fight, mine, or instead, AFK and do something enjoyable like watch Netflix. While I'm all for roleplay, when the basic foundation isn't there, you basically have no tools to RP with. If DOC mandated a more strict system for lunch, yard, etc, that would be helpful and make prison roleplay a lot more interesting than it is now. Stamps was a good addition but the values are completely out of wack the way it is now, not to mention the boring "pastime" that is mining. There are many good suggestions that have been put on the floor but nothing has really come of them. All parties need to step up in my eyes... don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edited by iAchieve
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrSilky said:

people wouldn't tab out if you didn't get 2-8 hours in there

The stacking charges is an IC issue and I'd recommend just IA reporting if you feel that's unfair. When it comes to DM in the prison, we advise just reporting people as there's not much the guards can do if they repeatedly do it. We can solitary them but ten minutes later they'll just be back at it again. When it comes to inmate interaction, we're attempting to implement a few things to promote the RP there but we still need to do other jobs around the prison, such as patrols or processing and if we have the manpower to be able to send officers inside the cellblock to interact then we do. If the inmates are DMing each other then we usually don't try to interact as it's ruining our experience as much as it is the inmates.

What sort of things would people suggest that would help prison RP that we would not need admins to add (like we're already trying to get a way to lower a sentence for good RP.)

On 12/2/2019 at 5:05 PM, Aldarine said:

Landed myself in prison few days ago for sweet hour or two and there was no DOC available or around whatsoever. Doors were closed and couldnt even go outside to mine until someone really was brought into jail with me and he afked. Really looked forward to roleplay with actual prison guard, chat etc but none od this happened. It was after your comments though.

7 hours ago, HStafford said:

Landed myself in prison few days ago for sweet hour or two and there was no DOC available or around whatsoever. Doors were closed and couldnt even go outside to mine until someone really was brought into jail with me and he afked. Really looked forward to roleplay with actual prison guard, chat etc but none od this happened. It was after your comments though.

There are going to be times when guards aren't around - remember we don't dedicate our lives 24/7 to the game. As asked above you, what are some things you would like to see that can improve prison RP? Of course that is apart from player availability.

1 hour ago, Aldarine said:

There are going to be times when guards aren't around - remember we don't dedicate our lives 24/7 to the game. As asked above you, what are some things you would like to see that can improve prison RP? Of course that is apart from player availability.

There was 3-4 DOCs available at that time and they brang 1-2 more people inside the facility. 
i could add things later. I’ll edit it by tomorrow

On 12/2/2019 at 6:53 AM, MrSilky said:

you can't rp without scripts man. jail is empty from rp because there is not script to make rp. im pretty sure developers are aware of this problem.

(didn't see the video and you comment on it btw)

A way to make prison interesting is a bail system, like someone said above. You could easily make it work "x hours" is "x amount of money" and you're on parole for "x amount of time" you should of been in jail, so if you get into trouble again and arrested, you now have to serve your prison sentence you were bailed out on AND serve your new time + some penalty for breaking parole. I have a belief this would still limit the amount of crime RP on the outside and still provide prison RP. I.E Jay Gamble gets arrested and instead of a break out, now there is a legal team and members from the gang to come bail him out. It would need limitations as well, but people could still do Prison Break RP or be a good prisoner and be allowed to bail out. This allows DOC to open a new branch within their community, like a Bail Bonds team and legal team for transportation of leaving/bail. If the person serves their full bail time then the funder of the bail would be retuned 90% of the money, I.E if bail was 100,000 they would get 90,000 and DOC would keep the 10,000 and add it to their government funds. By doing this you'd be adding funds to DOC to hire more guards during the off times without running in to budget problems. 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.