ArcAngel

Timer for /carrybody

Hi ya'll
So i've been in a few situations where people are picking up bodies without roleplaying properly, Especially during gunfights in gang wars and stuff. I personally thing the only way to curb this is to put a 10-15 second timer to pick up bodies, kind of like when you eat or drink. I think it will encourage realistic roleplay and stop people from picking up their friends bodies after they've been killed.
This in turn will make gangs less likely to engage in fights without a really good reason.
I was at a scene yesterday, treating a patient, a few of the main gangs are at war at the moment (I wont mention who for meta reasons) but they had been racing through the city all day chasing each other, they collided at the parking lot and a huge gun fight ensued. Heavy weapons, all out war, PD showed up, were mowed down. The whole time this scene was going on, it lasted for about 10-15 minutes, gang members were running through heavy gun fire (coming from AK's,MP5's heavys etc) picking up their friends bodies and running off.

• Upvote 1

a 10 - 15 second timer would be terrible in multiple ways. It takes me less time to write out the rp and pick the body up. Also the timer would not be in place of the rp so u would have to do the rp plus a timer. I don’t think so. That just makes u wait and stand out in the open where people can just run up to you and kill you in situations such as gun fights and gang wars when realistically you would just grab the body and drag it away. Overall good thought but it has way more negatives than positives

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, arcangel said:

Hi ya'll
So i've been in a few situations where people are picking up bodies without roleplaying properly, Especially during gunfights in gang wars and stuff. I personally thing the only way to curb this is to put a 10-15 second timer to pick up bodies, kind of like when you eat or drink. I think it will encourage realistic roleplay and stop people from picking up their friends bodies after they've been killed.
This in turn will make gangs less likely to engage in fights without a really good reason.
I was at a scene yesterday, treating a patient, a few of the main gangs are at war at the moment (I wont mention who for meta reasons) but they had been racing through the city all day chasing each other, they collided at the parking lot and a huge gun fight ensued. Heavy weapons, all out war, PD showed up, were mowed down. The whole time this scene was going on, it lasted for about 10-15 minutes, gang members were running through heavy gun fire (coming from AK's,MP5's heavys etc) picking up their friends bodies and running off.

100% NO

In a real life situation you'll be able ro carry a body on your sholder for longer than 15seconds....

2 hours ago, Aldarine said:

You have to use /me and /do when picking up a body which already takes time. As stated by another responder, timers are moreso for actions people don’t take the time to RP out. Also there are times when /carrybody needs to be done for OOC reasons (falling through DOC).

This is true but, during a gunfight, no-one roleplays picking up bodies 

• Upvote 1

I’d be OK with an action timer if I don’t have to Rp

/me carries him without hurting his injuries

/do would I be successful? 

That takes about 5-8 seconds to type out, if the action timer was within that range, and made it so the /ame was enough RP instead of typing out the me’s and do’s then I wouldn’t mind. 

Overall though, -1, as the RP is enough when done properly.

• Like 1

I do dislike these timers and I'd rather roleplay it myself, of course, there are some individuals who ignore the purpose of roleplaying and timers do slow them down, however, I am not a huge fan of drinking water timer which takes way too long, like the person above me said. This time it's -1 for this suggestion.