Aldari

Remove /erp

I'm surprised I even have to make this server suggestion to be honest, but here we are. 

/erp

What exactly is the purpose of this command? From my experience this command does two things:

• Ruins an RP scenario, because somebody thinks they're funny for thinking about erp during serious RP. Gotta get those fashion likes I guess.
  • Adds an ambiguity to the previous precedent that you cannot do mental roleplay with /me's and /do's.

As it says in the roleplay guide:

There is no proper way of correcting the second /me, mental roleplay is not allowed with /me’s and /do’s here.

It's seems to have been added entirely as a meme that damages the quality of RP on the server. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I couldn't agree more, I thought it was an actual meme when it was brought up (that goes for both commands that were added really, I don't think /cuthair being something you can do to others willingly once their hands are up is all that good for the roleplay quality either, but I'll leave that aside for the sake of the thread's focus), up until the point that it was actually added to the server.

1 minute ago, OBESE said:

Never used the command and am not aware of what exactly it does and stands for. Could anyone explain the exact meaning of this command and purpose, to see why this suggestion request exists?

The only purpose it serves at this point in time is to push out an /ame stating "starts thinking about erp".

1 minute ago, ItsPazz said:

The only purpose it serves at this point in time is to push out an /ame stating "starts thinking about erp".

1 minute ago, reeceobz said:

Right, I realised it has to do something with erp, but I hoped it has better use to it. Maybe to be able to erp without the text being seen too far, therefore protecting people who wants some erp in one of the bank rooms for some juicy action and not be swarmed by everyone outside.

• Upvote 1

Here is an extract from the rules:

• Text chat, VOIP, radio, phone and commands like /ME and /do are to be used only for IC content.

The ame was fun for the first hour or so it was added, as OP said, it takes away and seriousness from any RP scenario.