BigDaddySco

Pawn Shop/Second Hand Shop

I've got too many items like fishing rods, GPS, bags etc etc. Would be cool if there was a shop like a pawn shop or second hand shop that would buy stuff like this for low prices even. 

Or allow shop owners to have a buy back option so that we can sell back to them and get rid of shit we don't need but is worth something 🙂

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gohena said:

Just buy a business and rp it especially now that you can store items inside furniture pieces, or own an IC wearhouse and do it

Yeah but that would require being there... I mean a place like any of the drug drops offs or like the butcher etc. Just drop what you want to sell and sell it. Shop owners could have access to a panel where they could set the items that they buy and for how much. Then people drop and sell until that order is full. The shop owner can then sell those items in their shop.

May have an effect, who knows. Doesn't stop pawn shops from opening in RL and the point of this game is to mimic RL as much as possible after all. And to be fair, people already rob anyway, not sure how many people would go around robbing just to get a GPS or fishing rod etc. And im not saying they would be worth a lot, prices could be set by store owners so the chances are the items wouldnt sell for much but enough so that throwing them away is pointless.

Edited by BigDaddySco

I tried starting a pawn shop (before businesses existed), but no one was interested in return and margins. They likely ended up getting nothing.

Right now it's even more possible, it would be best to own a warehouse now and run it through that. I still have my calculations and sheets for pricing as well if someone needs them.

Edited by Xoza

19 hours ago, gyrhnr said:

Would increase robberies

Overall this is a neat suggestion, there was also a clothing drop off suggestion not too long ago to decrease the amount of clothing found on the streets, maybe this can all be done under the same "recycling center" or "charity or thrift store".

Someone stated earlier that it would increase robberies, I mean, this is true, it would increase robberies, but only a little bit, to the point where it isn't that noticeable tbf, I mean, hunting increased robberies when that was introduced - creating any hotspot will always increase robberies in that area, there are only so many criminals so that just means that somewhere else would get safer. The more hotspots for thieves to roam between the more safer they all become as criminals become stretched thin. So yeah, might increase robberies by the tiniest little bit, but it's far better than having to just despawn rods on the floor, imo. 

+1 for immersion 

+1 for job types and character development

+1 for CONTENT,

Edited by padpilot
Corrections

-1, This is something that can be done RP'ly and I've had in my mind before by using my remote house a warehouse to buy stolen/unused items for a cheaper price, and with the new current furniture storage items I believe I am able to do it.

• Upvote 1

+1

As for opinions that it may increase robbing, I think that robbing is already at it's highest peak, at the point where if it even increases it would not be noticeable.

You can't even go and refill your car at gas station out of city safely.