kushsauce

Remove OOC permission for kidnapping

21 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

Sounds like an IC issue, you can't just say that ALL cops do not do that IRL. Some cops could be a little corrupt or disregard the traffic laws. So, to answer your question, no, as that would not be non-rp.

Damn. Some people kidnap Officers and their loved ones in order to make the officer in question comply with their commands. AKA Gambino crime family. Whether they get kidnapped or not seems to be an IC issue

7 hours ago, Flucifial said:

Sounds like an IC issue, you can't just say that ALL cops do not do that IRL. Some cops could be a little corrupt or disregard the traffic laws. So, to answer your question, no, as that would not be non-rp.

can we report cops from driving up mountains at angles of around 45%, then doing ridiculos non-rp jumps whilst pursuing me? 

edit : with footage ofc

Edited by padpilot
clarity

2 hours ago, padpilot said:

can we report cops from driving up mountains at angles of around 45%, then doing ridiculos non-rp jumps whilst pursuing me? 

edit : with footage ofc

This is a suggestion, not a place to ask questions.

You may report a player for breaking server rules. 🙂  

Disagree.

The rules already allow you to kidnap people if you have KOS.

I am speaking from a Civilian perspective, and we already have our money/time/car/sanity taken during a robbery. I don't need criminals then taking me on a joy ride for no reason, because they want to force me to go on some RP journey with them when I have no control of the situation, and no prior RP reason to RP with said criminal. 

If they create a great scene, and have some semblance of a reason for kidnapping, then I will agree to it. But no, I don't want any random jerk taking control of my time.

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jasmine said:

Disagree.

The rules already allow you to kidnap people if you have KOS.

I am speaking from a Civilian perspective, and we already have our money/time/car/sanity taken during a robbery. I don't need criminals then taking me on a joy ride for no reason, because they want to force me to go on some RP journey with them when I have no control of the situation, and no prior RP reason to RP with said criminal. 

If they create a great scene, and have some semblance of a reason for kidnapping, then I will agree to it. But no, I don't want any random jerk taking control of my time.

Damn that's how I feel about prison but I guess Criminal NPC's are needed

On 7/4/2019 at 3:16 PM, Tezhl said:

So can I report cops for speeding without lights for non-rp? Since cops don't do that IRL? 

I dont know where you live... but when I lived in DC, cops would speed without lights on and turn their lights on just to get through red lights.
I thought it was dumb but it happened all the time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is all it says about hostages and kidnapping.

• Players are allowed to kidnap or to take other players hostage for these specific reasons:

• You have to have a roleplay reason to kill the victim in accordance with the a, b, and c points under DM section.

• If you attempt to commit robbery of a property, you are allowed to hold the players within that property until you have finished the robbery. An NPC is not a valid hostage.

• If a hostage situation involves police in any way all of players involved in holding the hostage may not take another hostage for 1 OOC week.

I dont see anything about "permission".

5 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Damn that's how I feel about prison but I guess Criminal NPC's are needed

I love how people keep comparing prison to kidnapping.... lets do a quick comparison

Prison -> Avoidable through many means, the easiest of which being... don't do crime
Kidnapping -> unavoidable element of surprise always in favor or the kidnapper and fear RP locking their actions
Prison -> Served on your own time, whenever you wish, can be broken with authorization...
Kidnapping -> Forced to go on for as long as the robbers wish by server rules, not breakable, served on the kidnappers time frame
Prison -> A punishment for a choice to do criminal activity that is completely logical and happens extremely frequently in real life
Kidnapping an officer -> Does not happens frequently in real life, a consequence of a legal day job...
Prison -> Really not affected by a lack of people to respond to you, it may be boring to you but at least its not intrusive
Kidnapping -> Your only hope of escape is if there are more PD units on than the criminals that took you

They are literally night and day.... stop acting like you have the high ground because you want to kidnap.... the rules were changed because robbing was overwhelming the RP of civilians, you really think anyone besides criminals want more legal killing RP... Los Santos is the wild west and its non rp AF.

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:04 AM, jowebb7 said:

I dont see anything about "permission".

If a robber does not have KOS, and wants to kidnap me.....

I can give permission for it to happen. You can give permission for anything to happen to you. That's what I meant by permission. 

If they don't have KOS, I can deny them from kidnapping, because of the rules.

But if a robber does a good scene, and has some reason for it, I would be all game. What I don't want is 2 new players just out being idiots and causing as much chaos as possible and ignoring all rules running into me and taking me on a kidnapping joyride.