krillinas

Truckers job as official faction

I love the latest patch. It adds so much to rp when you have to deliver real stuff to real shops. But i still can see a lot of space to improve.

Imagine if we would have truckers company.
Now the main problem the prices are not fair, for a very big fuel delivery you can get only 1000$. And new people still taking those orders because they don't understand that will takes a lot of time to load and unload the cargo for not reasonable payout.
If we would have officials factions, truckers could have managers who would deal with store owners and would have negotiate the delivery price.
We could have real dispatcher who can give orders to drivers(if no dispatcher online the system can work too)
Truckers who has own trucks would get more money for delivery than for those who's renting the truck.

Additional for that i can suggest that others official factions also should have to use delivery system for supply. PD for ammo and gun supply, mechanics for parts supply and maybe md for medical supply(?)
I don't know about criminal factions but maybe we could think something too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am currently an employee at LSC and a trucker on the side and I think it would add stability to the trucker job if shipments had to be delivered for ever $XXX,XXX spent in parts cost. 

I am sure the same could be said for the hospital or police department.

• Upvote 1

+1

I think rather than just having one trucker faction, there could be the potential of a two or more "shipping company" factions.

Truck deliveries could be rolled into these companies but more shipping options could become available in additional systems as well outside of automated systems. An example of an additional automated system is like @jowebb7 mentioned adding more required shipments to locations that are completely predefined by an order. Perhaps naval and aerial based shipments could be implemented as well for more diversity. An example outside of an automated system is hiring a shipping company to help transport ore, fish, meats, crops, etc. It could work like calling a taxi then selecting a load size then you pay by distance + load size.

The shipping companies would bring added security to transporting and shipping as well making it practical for actual use. People would use them compared to running solo if it seems viable or they need additional space.

The reason I say two or more is simply due to LSC/Bayview. Having more than one company helps provide more competition as well as "diverse work environments". Also one company could be land and naval based while the other is land and aerial based. In addition to all of this, it provides more opportunities for personnel to be around the clock for work through timezones.

All in all, the end goal would be to increase role play and I think taking all the above into consideration would help generate more role play opportunities.

Edited by Wifye
  • Like 1

+1 Also what be great is minimal pay per mile and maximum loading time (or just limit the amount you can take). Lately there was a job to get 92k of fuel to Sandy for 1k. It is 30 minutes spend loading/unloading. And someone did it so it doesn't make sense. 1k makes sense for sub 1 mile distances. There aren't many orders usually so people do everything anyway to not just stay idle and we need that union to protect us truckers from such nonsense.

@krillinas I see the biggest point of discussion amongst the trucking community as the low amount, i.e. $1000, as payment for a job that takes a while. Would you consider a higher minimum payment to be an acceptable alternative to solving the problem instead of creating a whole trucker union faction? I don't see a faction-based trucker union as a realistic goal right now, seeing as it's one of the few civilian RP opportunities new players have and it requires a load of development. A higher minimum payment would solve that a lot of work would be done against very little pay while the trucker job would still be accessable to everyone who wishes to participate in this branch of civilian RP.

-1 to the faction idea. First, there are many other faction suggestions that would increase RP drastically for the server. Second, trucking is a way for people, especially new players, to make some money. By turning trucking into a faction, that would limit new players and we want to provide more good experiences for them, not less.

I will +1 balancing the order payouts as I believe all payouts should be fair given the work being done yet not overly inflated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.