/me Cuffs the man
/do success?

/me Gets the man up
/do success?

/me takes the man into the cruiser
/do success?

Criminal: /would resist
Bolice officer: *TAZE

How do you believe law enforcement should deal with people physically resisting arrest? I think being tased is reasonable, if you are given a chance to comply before-hand.

3 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

You have to RP if you want to change the scenario.

If you stand there like a puppet we treat you like puppets. Duh..

Won't consider your answers anymore

Ahh. Like last week when we set up an RP situation and just get shot although we got a hostage sitting next to us with a gun against his head? And of course, the amazing brick walls made out of 3 sticks, aka a barricade?
And lastly abusing a sniper to shoot thru one of our windows to stall our vehicle?

Yeah that was amazing! Thanks to yall

Edited by Tomvd682
  • PogU 2

5 minutes ago, Tomvd682 said:

Ahh. Like last week when we set up an RP situation and just get shot although we got a hostage sitting next to us with a gun against his head? And of course, the amazing brick walls made out of 3 sticks, aka a barricade?
And lastly abusing a sniper to shoot thru one of our windows to stall our vehicle?

Yeah that was amazing! Thanks to yall

I want to add something to this, when we did this rp situation the LSPD used unbreakable barricades to keep us from leaving the Sewers with SUVs. So how are people saying PD rp is good?

Edited by Exodical

3 hours ago, TheCactus said:

LSPD ans LSEMS are the factions that RP more in the server. Change my mind

LSEMS I believe, LSPD not so much in my eyes... I take 10-15s from them all the time, ive even had them drive off while I was RPing grabbing a known runner carefully and then we have to NRP chase a guy in cuffs all over the rooftops because a lot of police just want the action not the RP... Verbal RP however I have had some delightful experiences with some police, but I would not consider them in the same class as LSEMS... nor would I consider them top RP... they are like the most script assisted faction, so I see far less actual RP, change my mind and a lot of stuff in their policies that is allowed that shouldnt be... Back when I played a criminal I was arrested for robbing a store (I had no weapon) but there were 3 of us in a store with at least 3 visible exits, how did 1 officer restrain 3 fleeing people you ask? Well he shoved his vehicle up against the door knowing that the other doors are "fake" and shot us when we finally shoved it open then had EMS revive us to take us to jail... cool.. story... then I try to RP it as a non violent crime because I wasnt given a trial it was an accessory and I never had a weapon and the head of weapons licenses wouldnt let me RP it... So I did what everyone else does in this server changed my name, but oh no they OOC denied me on the grounds that name change was not viable for getting rid of a criminal record, even though it was RPed at city hall as a record expunge and should have been removed in the first place so I dont think I can believe the LSPD that allows so much script abuse by faction policy is considered good RP... granted none of this is relevant to the original point which talks about what we can do to help engage better criminal RP in relation to prison time... which I believe is a important because right now being a criminal is not rewarding enough to justify more prison time, but going to prison is not scary enough to simulate any real consequence... and there is little room for interaction once the prison time begins... A lot of stuff to talk about on topic

Edited by Wizzidy
  • Upvote 2

This thread isn't about individual situations, it's about reducing crime through the deterrence of prison sentencing.
The idea that perhaps if the sentence cap was lifted off, people wouldn't be so blatantly reckless with how they commit crimes.

What PD did or didn't do to you in individual situations is irrelevant to the topic. 

You might not believe this @Tomvd682 because it doesn't fit your anti-PD rhetoric but the PD are players too and while there are occasions we will get things wrong, the vast majority of arrests and things we do are lawful, both IC and OOC and proper. 

Rather than derailing this thread with your own personal issues with the PD, maybe contribute something positive and on-topic to the discussion?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GOAT said:

This thread isn't about individual situations, it's about reducing crime through the deterrence of prison sentencing.
The idea that perhaps if the sentence cap was lifted off, people wouldn't be so blatantly reckless with how they commit crimes.

What PD did or didn't do to you in individual situations is irrelevant to the topic. 

You might not believe this @Tomvd682 because it doesn't fit your anti-PD rhetoric but the PD are players too and while there are occasions we will get things wrong, the vast majority of arrests and things we do are lawful, both IC and OOC and proper. 

Rather than derailing this thread with your own personal issues with the PD, maybe contribute something positive and on-topic to the discussion?

I agree, I think the big thing right now is... to reform prison time... there should also be a better reward... Right now player on player robberies are the most rewarding but usually least inventive or interactive of criminal actions... I think running an entire drug lab should be far more.... valuable... also there really isnt a street market for drugs... so all of that aside I believe increasing prison time is a good thing... I just also think right now the 2 hour for shooting somone and running a drug lab for what equates to 10 hamburgers... is a bad precedent... I think criminal activity didnt inflate with the rest of the server and it has led to some bad interactions and worse habits. I think people should be more involved in reporting crimes too.. a lot of people see a robbery as they drive by and keep driving with their head down... but a lot of people would go a mile away and call the police. Also the current police call system makes discreet calling really complicated... there are a lot of ideas... I wonder if doing a whole survey like they just did about robberies to brainstorm ideas might be a good way to compile some alternative solutions. I believe prison sentences should be big... maybe involving offline time too.... 24 hours in prison is okay if it ticks down while offline... then people that dont want to be involved in prison RP dont have to be, and can continue playing the next day... but those that want to RP will have prison RP... but the Prison needs more script assistance for that because 3 guards handling intake processing and prison RP is going to be a bit much... when we are already thin. I like the discussion the topic has, lets keep going down that road.

PS: The whole anti PD thing was started by somone tooting PDs RP horn when most of us believe they have a lot of problems so it was intentional stirring of the pot, lets try and stay on topic I get derailed and baited too easily because I type how I talk haha

Edited by Wizzidy

On 6/7/2019 at 7:37 PM, Wizzidy said:

I believe prison sentences should be big... maybe involving offline time too.... 24 hours in prison is okay if it ticks down while offline... then people that dont want to be involved in prison RP dont have to be, and can continue playing the next day... but those that want to RP will have prison RP... but the Prison needs more script assistance for that because 3 guards handling intake processing and prison RP is going to be a bit much... when we are already thin. I like the discussion the topic has, lets keep going down that road.

Offline prison time is not something I'm against, but it obviously means it will have to be longer (24 hours sounds reasonable) and it would stop things like someone shooting a cop then an hour later hes at impound asking the same cop for his car back.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Offline prison time is not something I'm against, but it obviously means it will have to be longer (24 hours sounds reasonable) and it would stop things like someone shooting a cop then an hour later hes at impound asking the same cop for his car back.

Then again, i feel like that might encourage people not to log in and it's like.. if you know you won't be logging in anyway, you could do something and then when it comes time to play, you've not really served anything. It also takes away from the whole element of the prison as well because you can just bypass it.

30 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Then again, i feel like that might encourage people not to log in and it's like.. if you know you won't be logging in anyway, you could do something and then when it comes time to play, you've not really served anything. It also takes away from the whole element of the prison as well because you can just bypass it.

If you imprison people of importance, they could be forced to log in and possibly look to run their organization from prison, creating interesting RP with smuggling communication devices and such. This doesn't happen at the moment cause there's very little need to talk to your gang if you're only out for an hour, if you were out for 24 however..

8 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

If you imprison people of importance, they could be forced to log in and possibly look to run their organization from prison, creating interesting RP with smuggling communication devices and such. This doesn't happen at the moment cause there's very little need to talk to your gang if you're only out for an hour, if you were out for 24 however..

Have you ever been to prison?