HungryRabbitz

Change the VOIP hotkey from N to something else !

This sound like a small change but it's really irritating that I always have to reach for N to just talk, it's really hard to do anything else while I'm doing it cuz my fingers are always on the WASD keys and I have to reach with my thumb, let us remap the key or change it to something like TAB, thanks for reading!

Edited by HungryRabbitz

On 3/18/2019 at 5:58 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Hey, if you use AutoHotkey, you can create an AHK script that remaps the key.

This is what I use:

#IfWinActive RAGE Multiplayer

XButton2::n
return

XButton1::m
return

That changes my VOIP key to Mouse4 and radio to Mouse5. 

How does this effect typing in chat? Can you still type n and m? 

Edited by JakeInnit_

Most of these are not legit answers.  

The suggestion is simple... they want to have control over their own keybinds.  Nothing about implementing this will cause you to have a lesser experience. As such none of those responses are legit answers because none of them present a issue with how this suggestion will negatively impact them or cause another QoL (quality of life) issue on the server.  

This suggestion, in contrast, will provide an improved QoL for those who have their own preference in their keybinds

as such... +1

Even if I do not need it or want it... I see the base merit of this suggestion

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hilbert said:

What the hell? I assume you got 2 hands, other one is on WASD, other pressing N. You'll also learn to control mouse at same time if you practice.

Savage, you can't even let them do them.  They have to play exactly like you... feelsbadman

+1 great suggestion. Most answers here are just stupid. Being able to use comms whilst having the full range of movement with WASD is vital, it just cannot be done when stretching the thumb to use N. Having mic keybindings avaible elsewhere is a Must. Personally, I would use my mouse button 4 and 5 too for mic control. This would allow to me talk, have full WASD control and be able to use my mic. Any decent gamer will always reduce the amount of time their fingers are not over WASD or TFGH. 

Good suggestion. 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Hey, if you use AutoHotkey, you can create an AHK script that remaps the key.

This is what I use:

#IfWinActive RAGE Multiplayer

XButton2::n
return

XButton1::m
return

That changes my VOIP key to Mouse4 and radio to Mouse5. 

Is AutoHotkey use permitted for RP? Click clack binds? OR is this a grey area you can get permad for if admins had bad day - serious question as AutoHotkey would really help out in some scenarios.

1 hour ago, Vito_Vanucci said:

Is AutoHotkey use permitted for RP? Click clack binds? OR is this a grey area you can get permad for if admins had bad day - serious question as AutoHotkey would really help out in some scenarios.

5. Hacking and Bug Exploits
● Players must not have mods, trainers or any kind of software installed that gives any advantage.

As to what that entails exactly, it's admin discretion.