neeko

Please Make Impound Lot Automatic

For the love of god, please make the impound lot automatic.   Cops are busy 99.99999% of the time and do not enjoy going to the impound lot to do 2 lines of rp and taking away from their time on the job.  This much is obvious because they never respond.   If you took the avg wait time for a car to get it out of impound it is absurd.   Half the time even with cops online you would wait HOURS...Hell, im even writing this as ive been waiting an hour right now myself.   

People do not want to spend their nights sitting in a lot spamming /release every 5 minutes when they can be roleplaying on the server.

Requirements for feature:
- Display a list when somebody types /release that lists all impounded cars 
- User then types in the car they'd like to release.
- Timer counts down or just instant release this and automatically subtract funds.

-suspended license?  simply run a check against their id.   if its suspended ,refuse the list to release a car

There is no negative to this, if a cop says they enjoy this rp they are simply lying based upon the fact they all avoid this.  it's not worth us going through the pain any longer.   We are subtracting 2 lines of rp for millions of hours saved at this point

put us out of our misery.

thanks! ❤️ 

Edited by neeko
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 20

Going to the impound lot as a police officer can generate a lot of roleplay, especially if the individual happens to be wanted/have issues preventing the vehicle from being released.

A lot of the times there's not enough cops and too much crime happening for them to respond quickly, but I don't think that removing even more interaction from the server takes us in a good direction.

• Like 2

The interaction is 3 seconds at best, offers both sides minimal roleplay...and the amount of painstaking wait times we go through to get it out is ridiculous.   Talking about interactions, but we are robbed of 30000000 hrs of interactions cumulatively by waiting for cops to not show up for 45mins+ on avg.   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Going to the impound lot as a police officer can generate a lot of roleplay, especially if the individual happens to be wanted/have issues preventing the vehicle from being released.

A lot of the times there's not enough cops and too much crime happening for them to respond quickly, but I don't think that removing even more interaction from the server takes us in a good direction.

maybe make it so if there isn't a member of PD there you can do it on your own. Similar to how tolls work

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

especially if the individual happens to be wanted/have issues preventing the vehicle from being released.

A really simple fix for this would be for police to get a notification of some sort while the wanted person is in the interaction menu or in the process of getting their vehicle released. The timer can be implemented for lets say a 3 minute wait for any vehicle as normal procedure, and depending on the impound lot, an officer should be able to get there in time. Maybe make the timer change as per how many police units are on duty... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trall said:

maybe make it so if there isn't a member of PD there you can do it on your own. Similar to how tolls work

I think this is a Happy medium. I hate to play devil's advocate but I actually love chatting people up on Dale at the impound lot lmao. I generally-Would prefer to chat someone up at the impound lot than arrest someone + The people are usually happy to see an LEO which is a pretty uncommon interaction elsewhere between criminals and cops.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

+1. Getting the car out quicker leads to more RP interactions. They aren’t getting a form of transportation released to go sit in the woods and play with themselves.

And if you want to keep it as such, we should make it NRP for officers to ignore these requests without a valid reason.

Edited by Woombah
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 11:41 PM, Woombah said:

And if you want to keep it as such, we should make it NRP for officers to ignore these requests without a valid reason.

Here's the thing, LEO doesn't ignore the requests. Just like with any other faction, you don't know what's going on where a LEO doesn't immediately respond to a bell ring. There's been countless times I've gone to respond, only to either be called out to another scene.

6 hours ago, squirtlesquad said:

Here's the thing, LEO doesn't ignore the requests. Just like with any other faction, you don't know what's going on where a LEO doesn't immediately respond to a bell ring. There's been countless times I've gone to respond, only to either be called out to another scene.

I have been at PD and seen cops talk go to impound wait around for 20 and go back to PD and see the same officers. Impound being manual is a waste of time

15 hours ago, Trall said:

I have been at PD and seen cops talk go to impound wait around for 20 and go back to PD and see the same officers. Impound being manual is a waste of time

Again, there are things going on internally that may occur that would end up taking priority over responding to impound. That said, I don't think there's a viable solution to automate this for people. There are internal policies that would need to be readjusted, and adding things like a timer for someone with an active warrant, or suspended license would just add even more to the already existing number of things LEO's have to respond to.

+1

I see no reason as to why there can't be a script that checks your license and unimpounds your vehicle if you're good. I know there's the argument of it cutting out RP, but I just don't see that as a thing. The RP of the impound lot is /license [ID], what car ?, insert car name, /impoundrelease [LICENSEPLATE], have a good day. It's not super interesting RP and it just pisses people off when they have to wait over 20 minutes for an officer to come.

1 hour ago, Shining0103 said:

The impound does generate indeed generate roleplay, and the stream of informations generated from it (i.e paperwork that PD files) can be useful in other scenarios as well down the line. Just because you're not involved on that end, doesn't mean you have to take it away from others. 

I think compromises can be made. It might be beneficial for PD for investigative purposes, but at what cost? Having people (especially during ''dead'' times) wait for 30mins for someone to show up? Why not have something similar to evidence locker logs that stores that information or an updated /viewimpound [Plate] command that not only tells you who impounded the car and when (which is an already existing feature), but also who recently released it and when.

This has been suggested multiple times already and has been turned down / not implemented.

Officers do need to be involved in some way, and you shouldn't be arrested for making a non-emergency call as officers can mediate priority on their own as they do with all calls.

One solution could be implementing a lightly automated / remote, but involved request system like calls, through the MDC.

1. Player requests the car they want and how they want it delivered (parking/impound).
    • With a cooldown of 15 minutes, that way a player can't request multiple vehicles at once, or rerequest the same multiple times.
  2. Law Enforcement MDC gets a 'call' with license information and a [Release] / [Deny] button.
    • Requests expire after 15min, like calls have an expiration.
  3. On Release, the booth at impound informs the owner of the success (they must be at impound for the release to process).
    • If denied, it will not inform the player, but will instead still remain in a 'pending' state, allowing the officers time to engage with or call the player if needed.
  4. The vehicle is delivered to the nearest parking lot, or impound spawn.

When LEO aren't on duty at the 15min expiration time, full automation would take affect. The difference being that it 'auto accepts' it based on very strict requirements. This being active license held, 24 hours after prison time, and no outstanding tickets. Else it just denies it, allowing you to request again.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2
  • YAY 1

11 hours ago, Xoza said:

This has been suggested multiple times already and has been turned down / not implemented.

Officers do need to be involved in some way, and you shouldn't be arrested for making a non-emergency call as officers can mediate priority on their own as they do with all calls.

One solution could be implementing a lightly automated / remote, but involved request system like calls, through the MDC.

1. Player requests the car they want and how they want it delivered (parking/impound).
    • With a cooldown of 15 minutes, that way a player can't request multiple vehicles at once, or rerequest the same multiple times.
  2. Law Enforcement MDC gets a 'call' with license information and a [Release] / [Deny] button.
  3. On Release, the booth at impound informs the owner of the success (they must be at impound for the release to process).
    • If denied, it will not inform the player, but will instead still remain in a 'pending' state, allowing the officers time to engage with or call the player if needed.

When LEO aren't on duty at the 15min expiration time, full automation would take affect. The difference being that it 'auto accepts' it based on very strict requirements. This being active license held, 24 hours after prison time, and no outstanding tickets. Else it just denies it, allowing you to request again.

I like the idea of remote release capability a lot as it give a compromise to allow officers to respond, without having to physically go there.  The only issue would be verifying the owner does not have a suspended license though...

Less time it takes an officer the better. One good practice is to be ready.

1. Don't go, if you don't have a license.
  2. Always good to have those tickets paid off, may not be required, but you could get arrested for late tickets, which would start you over.
  3. Have your ID ready to show, and know exactly what car you want, and it's plate. ( /vehiclestats ).
  4. Have an extra donut to uh.. share with the officer, yeah...

21 hours ago, Xoza said:

I would love to see this as it is something like what I had in mind. Only part I don't fully agree with is the following.

21 hours ago, Xoza said:

The difference being that it 'auto accepts' it based on very strict requirements. This being active license held, 24 hours after prison time, and no outstanding tickets. Else it just denies it, allowing you to request again.

Requirements should just be no outstanding tickets and a license being held, as 24 hours after prison time achieves the same effect as before, crims just log off when they go to jail as they know that, even if their license isn't suspended, but their vehicle is impounded, they still can't get it back. So they'd rather log off, wait 24 hours and come back when time expires. This can be especially frustrating to NA players, as the server is lower pop and thus them having less of a chance for an officer to review their MDC "Call" as Xoza puts it.
Officers might even intentionally ignore the "Calls" if they have some sort of rivalry with a person.

If a person isn't arrested, it will be all fine, but lets face it, most of impounds come either from arrests, or not paying parking tickets.