Herbo

Tweek DOC Jobs

!! I'll just start this out by saying that I know a majority of people are gonna heavily disagree with the statement I'm about to make and this is just a personal opinion !!

So recently as everyone knows DOC received an "overhaul" of new features including 2 new jobs, Groundskeeping & Laundry. Now I'll say I absolutely love the fact these things are so broken, but god it is TOO OP in my opinion. I was at DOC for roughly 60 or so minutes on my criminal character and for roughly 45 of those minutes I was just doing the jobs, picking up litter and washing laundry. I made roughly 13k stamps by the end of it. Now for those of you who don't know every 1 stamp is $3. So in less then an hour I made around 40k. 

This is absolutely ridiculous that working in a prison makes you more money then working roadcrew or even having a legal job. It's to the point where I've genuinely been considered just going and evading and then farming the prison jobs as they make that much money. 

Now I know this is gonna be heavily downvoted as everyone loves money including me, but I think it's just ridiculous that you can make this much money picking up some litter and washing some clothes. If there's no "tweak" to it, it's just gonna turn into people evading and committing enough crime to go to DOC just so they can farm the jobs and make money as I bet if it was later in the night and there wasn't as many people in DOC I could easily make 60k+ an hour with the jobs.

THE SUGGESTION

Change stamps to transfer into $2 per stamp or just simple lower the amount of stamps you make with the jobs by like 10 or so % as making 3k for 30 seconds of work is just ridiculous in my mind.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM JUST SAYING +1 OR -1 AND GIVE A REASON AS TO WHY YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE SUGGESTION, I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THIS THREAD POSITIVE AND JUST FOCUSED ON HOW BROKEN AND HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE FROM THE JOBS.

• NAY 1
  • dead 4

The new jobs obviously need a bit of balance, they have just come out!
The exchange rate from stamps to dollars at the moment is 1:3 meaning that if you earn 100 stamps, you come out with 300 bucks.
I've sat down and done some maths. You can earn at minimum 150 stamps for 5 minutes of work (laundry), so that's 150 times 12 which is 1.8k stamps an hour, or $5,400 an hour. Not bad for doing almost no work!
Also, if you were to transfer your stamps to time (7 stamps to 1 second), you'd reduce your time by 258 seconds or just over 4 minutes if you used 1.8k stamps earnt easily in the hour.

I personally feel like that exchange rate for stamps to money should be 1:1 to keep it consistent with real currency. Even if the current stamp cost was deducted by this amount it would be easy enough to make back your fines and then some if you do constant work especially with people saying that they can earn upwards of 90k if they farm it.
Time should also be changed from 7 stamps to 5 stamps per second. While that still doesn't sound great it would ensure that inmates can't farm down their time to make it insubstantial. 5 is also a much easier number to divide things by so people can figure out their time reduction to see if its worth it!

As much as I know that people who play legal factions with a salary will likely agree with a nerf, I stand to disagree. (I am a legal main.)

For starters, as @LegitxBuddy says, when DOC is busy, you are definitely limited in your ability to capitialise on the system, especially the new laundry job as there is often competition for people to sabotage, steal and simply spread the stamps across more people. Which is what it seems to be designed for.

The main reason I disagree with a nerf of the new DOC jobs is an OOC reason to be honest, which is that it dramatically improves the quality of life of the player while in DOC. Being able to not worry on behalf of your character as much about a fine that your character got while roleplaying in their criminal mindset allows people to step away from the 'grinding' mindset, and will definitely encourage people to step out a little more with interaction with LEOs which overall improve their experience too. It will no doubt reduce toxicity among the Criminal vs. Cops arena which has been quite a large issue for sometime, and it also encourages more RP while IN DOC which has been needed for so long. Also just the enjoyment in DOC, if someone robs your stamps, or you die, you're no longer hopelessly clawing to get by if your criminal isn't yet established financially, instead you can keep positive and enjoy DOC much much more. 

If you are worried how much that a criminal who is cleaning up the prison, washing all the clothes and is no longer interested it tabbing out for 2 hours, or starting fights because there is nothing to do, is making in stamps then you are allowed to quit your legal job, OR you can see the benefits with it as a server as a whole and dive in with more roleplay scenarios with inmates who aren't as likely to fight you because they are upset about OOCly about their circumstance. If people are clearly getting charges to 'grind' in DOC, then that is an opportunity then for the staff team to discuss enforcement of 'cop-baiting' and NRP rules as a whole.

To round up, unlike those who are in the DOC faction, Criminal RP doesn't start and stop when entering DOC. DOC is a cog in the big cycle of roleplay which has always been negative for criminals, and now there is a much needed turn around that the community as a whole will benefit from. Don't just think of the money, it's a GTA Roleplay Server, people want to have fun, and now they can in such an area where it was much harder to enjoy before.

• Like 2
  • PogU 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

-1 its similar to other things in the server such as maybe hunting. If there is a low server population, you are likely to have a more consistent rate of income. its the same for DOC. If there is the usual number of inmates (not an empty prison with you and maybe 2 others) the amount you get is definitley a good balance. 

Also, inmates dont actually make a "profit" for quite a bit, theyve got to first make enough to pay off their fines, which could be hard in a busy prison, then additionally make more and ensure that they keep all their stamps safe whilst doing so. With the government salaries, you know youre getting that money and you dont carry your salary with you all shift until payday, whereas with DOC you carry you "payday" of stamps with you at all times.

I feel as though the new jobs were a great addition and with doc's now increasing activity its pretty balanced from what I have personally experienced.

-1, Prison seems fun and interactive now, people are making groups, gangs inside the prison to make the most stamps, you can get robbed anytime, its not like there is no risk and everyone can make stamps while afking, most of the money you make in prison only pays for your fines and you don't make much profit at all, so I think that the current situation is perfectly okay, and prison seems more fun than ever, me and my friends personally were holding down the laundry room and we had a fun time of rping, also guards seem to be enjoying it also , since people don't just afk 24/7 inside the prison

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Herbo said:

it's just gonna turn into people evading and committing enough crime to go to DOC just so they can farm the jobs and make money

I feel like provides more and more RP for DOC & PD & SD which is great in my opinion, DOC has needed a boost in Rp opportunities for a while now and this has definitely given it a spike

Since this small addition to DOC, I have barely encountered a time in DOC where everyone is in their cells ((TABBED OUT)) watching Netflix. People are actually interracting, talking to eachother, making RP Opportunities! It's been a great experience, and makes DOC less of an OOC punishment!

If you'd like to make the DOC jobs "nerfed" to the point where most people won't want to do them, then prepare to go back to the state of DOC where everyone would prefer to watch Netflix than RP in DOC. Who cares if X criminal made 20k? Atleast they've had actual RP and interractions within those few hours they spent in DOC.

• Like 4

Spawn rate for these items doesn't change which means, If there are lots of inmates, you'll end up with less work, which means less money. I don't see a reason as to why this should be nerfed. Also, why would we nerf this which would potentially make people tab out again because it won't be worth it?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1
  • yooo 1

I haven't had the chance to get arrested and try these jobs myself, but the feedback seems pretty positive. The economy can be tough for crims if they don't feel like spending their entire day isolated in a lab mindlessly cooking drugs. If crims can make money in a fun and interactive way, it seems like a great feature!

• Like 4

Colossal elephantine enormous gargantuan ginormous humongous immense massive -1

People finally have something to do in DOC and you wanna take it away? Dont let this man cook.

Unless you login NA tz, prison is never empty enough for it to be called easy money. There are always people looking for laundry/litter and willing to steal laundry from your machine if you're not tabbed in, giving people more reason to stay tabbed in and interact with people. If you nerf it heavily, why would one even bother?

• Like 3
  • hand 1
  • dead 1

I really don't see the point in this, for the last couple years whenever I have been in DOC just like everyone else you are tabbed out and watching netflix or just not interested as it for the most part had nothing to offer, finally something which is actually beneficial to criminals is done and you can actually now interact with other people and make good money to cover the fines you are given and there is already a suggestion to nerf it? why can't criminals just have something nice for once honestly, if sitting there in a virtual prison on a game for 5 hours not enough of a punishment already to not warrant being able to cover your fines by interacting with other people and doing an actual good job in the prison.

Edited by LucasJHughes
  • Like 2

I can agree with scaling the spawns of items based on number of inmates, or adjust the payout based on inmate numbers to ensure it doesn't become an OP method of farming money, but -1 to a straight nerf. If people aren't so salty about getting arrested and going to DOC and crims can make some cash back, the ENTIRE server will be in a better and happier place. The crim economy/grind and ooc punishment of prison time is what created the toxic mentalities of not being able to take a L and lead to an increase of forum reports and people not wanting to play. 

• Like 2

HELLO ! I AM GOING TO BE MAKE A SMALL UPDATE AS THE MESSAGE OF THIS THREAD HAS WENT WAYYYY OFF-TOPIC

I am not saying these things need to be completely NERFED as they shouldn't but they NEED a small tweak. I have 2 main characters I play, 1 criminal and 1 who's a member of SD. I've spoken to a PLETHORA of different LEO / DOC / LEGAL characters in general and they all have stated they've experienced the same thing. Their is a MAJOR ISSUE with the jobs right now, and that issue is people GETTING ARRESTED just to go make money. 

The amount of issues LEO's have been having of "Cop-Baiting" is just insane. We'll have people that continuously speed past us in attempt to get us into a pursuit just so they can go to DOC. We have people just doing basic stuff like failure to comply and resisting and then just doing more like battery so they can go to DOC. DOC is no longer an IC Punishment for people, it's just a "Money Simulator". That is what I'm saying needs changed. There's 2 different things I think should happen.

1. Lower spawn rates - Make all the drops such as Litter / Laundry just spawn a little less so the amount of money is reduced. You'll still have stuff to do you just won't be making 30+k an hour.

2. Lower the sell prices - Just make the stuff sell for a little bit less, Instead of selling 6 Laundry for 1350 stamps or whatever make it like 850 or 800 or just something so you're not getting paid like 10+k for 5ish minutes of work.

THE POINT OF THIS IS NOT JUST NERF IT INTO THE GROUND BUT TO HAVE SMALL TWEAKS SO IT'S NOT OVERPOWERED, I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE AGREE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO GET ARRESTED JUST SO THEY CAN GO MAKE MONEY AT DOC, WHEN IT REACHES THAT POINT IT'S COMPLETELY BROKEN AND UNACCEPTABLE, THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO BE NERFED.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Herbo said:

6 Laundry for 1350 stamps or whatever make it like 850 or 800

The current amount you get is 900.... which I see as a fair amount because 1. you have to go around find all the laundry 2. put it all in the washing machine and wait 5 minutes ( all with the chance of someone coming, beating you up, stopping your machine and taking your laundry ) 3. depositing laundry but then you have to keep all of them stamps with you till the end like holding 30k worth of stamps may seem like a lot but the risk involved like any point you could lose such a huge amount its very worth it.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:35 AM, Herbo said:

HELLO ! I AM GOING TO BE MAKE A SMALL UPDATE AS THE MESSAGE OF THIS THREAD HAS WENT WAYYYY OFF-TOPIC

I am not saying these things need to be completely NERFED as they shouldn't but they NEED a small tweak. I have 2 main characters I play, 1 criminal and 1 who's a member of SD. I've spoken to a PLETHORA of different LEO / DOC / LEGAL characters in general and they all have stated they've experienced the same thing. Their is a MAJOR ISSUE with the jobs right now, and that issue is people GETTING ARRESTED just to go make money. 

The amount of issues LEO's have been having of "Cop-Baiting" is just insane. We'll have people that continuously speed past us in attempt to get us into a pursuit just so they can go to DOC. We have people just doing basic stuff like failure to comply and resisting and then just doing more like battery so they can go to DOC. DOC is no longer an IC Punishment for people, it's just a "Money Simulator". That is what I'm saying needs changed. There's 2 different things I think should happen.

1. Lower spawn rates - Make all the drops such as Litter / Laundry just spawn a little less so the amount of money is reduced. You'll still have stuff to do you just won't be making 30+k an hour.

2. Lower the sell prices - Just make the stuff sell for a little bit less, Instead of selling 6 Laundry for 1350 stamps or whatever make it like 850 or 800 or just something so you're not getting paid like 10+k for 5ish minutes of work.

THE POINT OF THIS IS NOT JUST NERF IT INTO THE GROUND BUT TO HAVE SMALL TWEAKS SO IT'S NOT OVERPOWERED, I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE AGREE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO GET ARRESTED JUST SO THEY CAN GO MAKE MONEY AT DOC, WHEN IT REACHES THAT POINT IT'S COMPLETELY BROKEN AND UNACCEPTABLE, THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO BE NERFED.

The problem is more basic then what you are talking about though. If people get arrested for their criminal RP of basic crimes (take robbing an ATM for example), they get Paleto/Mission Row time in the cell to just afk for up to 45 minutes with no chance to make any money back from their fines. Thats pretty shit imo. Why would anyone choose to go to Mission Row jails cells to literally sit afk cuz they get NO chance at all for RP opps there when they could go to DOC and make some money and have some RP opps? I agree that the money they make shouldn't be the best money maker in the game, but it scales based on risk and number of people in DOC. 

My suggestion as I mentioned, and also adding on, is to adjust the spawn rates of items based on number of prisoners so that every gets SOME of the spawn, but if there is plenty of competition for it, then the money they get out of it won't be crazy. Also the spawn rate would adjust if there is only 1 or 2 inmates to a very low spawn of items. This would equalize the money someone can make regardless of the number of inmates there are at a time. Alternatively, adjust the sell price of the items based on number of inmates present just how it is done with roadworker job where the more roadworkers there are on a site, the more money each barrier is worth. 

Secondly, lower the Mission Row/Paleto jail threshold for when people get sent to DOC instead to maybe 20-30 minutes instead of 45. This way, if someone gets a battery charge and gets their 20 minute sentence, they don't purposely resist arrest as well just to go to DOC for the extra time.