BrockOlly

[Forum] Ability to dislike comments

Title. I understand the argument that dislikes could lead to a more negative effect of the forums, but it can serve a  bigger purpose. 

For example, current likes on a user don't mean much other than amount of posts, since likes only add up. 

Being able to dislike will give the forums a more personal feel in my opinion, what do u guys think? 

PS: I know this type of forum supports it, so I don't think its a hassle to implement it

• Like 2
  • PogU 1

You guys have valid concerns, but I've seen other communities with (trust me) their share of drama, and the system works well there. 

Admins might think they would get disliked a lot on bans etc. but in reality people only really dislike the 'extreme' cases.

But I understand you don't want it in ofc

1 hour ago, BrockOlly said:

You guys have valid concerns, but I've seen other communities with (trust me) their share of drama, and the system works well there. 

Admins might think they would get disliked a lot on bans etc. but in reality people only really dislike the 'extreme' cases.

But I understand you don't want it in ofc

Dont get my comment wrong. Im a jester. I love laughs. And I know for laughs I will recieve the most dislikes. And I don't care 😉

+1

• Upvote 1

Yes, I agree with you there as well Osvaldon. But one final argument I could give is that there's always going to be people that don't comment, who are more likely to leave a like or dislike rather than engage in the conversation. People who comment will still comment even if there's a dislike system in place.

As for the reputation wars, this is indeed a downside which can be combated by having a forum rule against it. When you give reputation it is displayed on your feed so you can monitor it if necessary. 

9 hours ago, Xoza said:

Would rather see someone respond or criticize something they don't like, vs just thumbs downing it. If a post is actually an issue, it should be reported instead.

Yup.  Allowing kneejerk downvoting rather than encouraging intelligent and constructive conversation is a degradation of communications.  Convenient?  Yes.  Good?  No.

Edited by Taedolf