MusketDeezNuts

medical marijuanas and license.

Hello, good people of eclipse!

Since the amazing drug update. My criminal who RPed smoking weed for lung cancer could not get enough to RP with. As people rather sell them then to supply to the city.
My suggestion is that you can apply on the LSEMS website for a license for medical marijuana.
You will have to give a reason why and a background check will be made. if your application is accepted by the medical HR team. A few members inside MD can be selected to do a general RP checkup on that person on a set date and time. This not only increases the RP. but also makes sense. 

If the medical team indeed thinks you are able to get a medical license. You will have to do 1 checkup every two weeks to be able to maintain the license. furthermore, with that license (what would be added too /license), you can buy medical weed from any on-duty medic that would cost 500$ for 5 grams. (5 uses). This marijuana will be named: medical marijuana and is not arrestable upon showing a license. This weed cannot be sold to the server dealer. 

The smoking animation is badass and I kind of find it sad you almost never see it being used anymore.

+1 if you agree.
-1 if you disagree.
Or any improvements to my suggestion is also welcome.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

As MD HR, and a fervent opposer of the legalisation of drugs in general both IC and OOC, I'll never support this.

There are a plethora of negative side-effects from using marijuana in the long run. Same with alcohol, and other types of addictive drugs. I've seen first hand addicts in my work as a social worker and personal life, and it's a life I wish upon nobody. Recreational, especially legal, use opens up the door to abuse and addiction. Not everyone opens it up, but I feel as a medic yourself you should know how important prevention is. I'd rather spend my entire career playing the prevention game, than harm reduction.

Nicely written out suggestion, but it's a -1 for me.

• Like 1

+1 there are a plethora of reasons for medical cannabis to be made more available on eclipse for RP purposes. I'd advise some naysayers to look at some people suffering from parkinsons or riddled with cancers and then get back to me.

Additionally it would be cool if we had an added visual effect when used, maybe not the first spliff but the second or something and though not as intense as the other hard-drugs maybe something. My character is an avid pothead IC but yeah finding people who don't just dump it to the server is not always easy because RPly it lacks a lot.

Also it could be interesting if gangs that grow weed at a druglab could name their batch of cannabis after their own choosing as IRL so many do. The price would remain exactly the same (The price to sell to the server) but it could add some personal flavour perhaps.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ElisabethC said:

As MD HR, and a fervent opposer of the legalisation of drugs in general both IC and OOC, I'll never support this.

There are a plethora of negative side-effects from using marijuana in the long run. Same with alcohol, and other types of addictive drugs. I've seen first hand addicts in my work as a social worker and personal life, and it's a life I wish upon nobody. Recreational, especially legal, use opens up the door to abuse and addiction. Not everyone opens it up, but I feel as a medic yourself you should know how important prevention is. I'd rather spend my entire career playing the prevention game, than harm reduction.

Nicely written out suggestion, but it's a -1 for me.

Uhh..  You do realize this is a medicinal marijuana suggestion, not recreational, right?  Anyway.  ACTUAL addict here, marijuana especially medicinal is no more of a gateway drug than alcohol is.  The only reason marijuana is truly a gateway drug is two things: it can trigger predisposed addiction, like alcohol can, and its illegal footing.  Many of my drug dealers sold marijuana in addition to my DOC.  Marijuana being illegal made it easier to access other drugs after finding a connection for marijuana.  As far as the former reason, alcohol is widely used and awakens so many addicts I've heard speak of their first use and the change they underwent.  Arguing against marijuana for that reason is, quite frankly, not an argument with any substance or ground to stand on unless alcohol is made illegal.  Remember prohibition and all the good that did?  Not going to happen.

Now let's get to the fun bit, numerous beneficial uses for marijuana from a medical standpoint.  Seizures, pain, increasing appetite and QOL for cancer patients, etc.  It's legal for strictly medicinal use in.. what was it, ~22 states despite federal status?  Including where Los Santos is modeled after, California.  Hell, California is now completely legal for recreational but that's not what's being asked for here.

Marijuana is NOT a harm reduction drug like methadone or anything else if that's what you were saying at the end. Marijuana is a potential replacement for vastly damaging opioids that caused this epidemic going on right now, and a legitimate drug for treating numerous other conditions as well.  As a healthcare professional conscious of the addiction crisis, would you rather throw somebody suffering from long-term pain an opiate or some THC, provided it's sufficient?  I think you're simply suffering from a case misinformation, but that's okay.

rant aside, +1 for me.  Could do with an alternate means of dispensing as honestly I think taking up MD's time for this wouldn't be cool.  It's also not really how it's done IRL.  Perhaps a store you can only purchase items from with the aforementioned license.  PD has already laid the groundwork law-wise for potential limited legality, but the penal code requires something to actually say whether or not the use is medicinal I believe. (Note I'm not speaking on behalf of PD, just my interpretation of the penal code.)

Edited by Taedolf
  • Like 1