Bala

Criminal Improvements Thread [BALA]

ECLIPSE Autumn 2022 Criminal Improvements Suggestion Thread

I'm going to be as upfront and honest as I possibly can be with people because there is such a lack of communication in the community that when frustrated players are left to fill in the blanks as to what is happening, they naturally assume the worst. 

First thing is first, we have to be honest with ourselves about where we are. Criminal Roleplay on ECRP is horrendous and it's been bad for a couple of years but over the time it has gotten worse. While there are some good role-players on criminal, the whole system is rigged to backfire every single time. In order to improve criminal role-play and in order to get the server back to being successful, we need to take a long hard look at what we're doing here. 

The Staff Team and Server's Change of Direction - 2020 to 2022

I have to blame a certain amount of the blame for this on the staff team. The reason why is that through the decisions you have made over the past two years, you have lost sight of Eclipse's identity and pushed the community in a direction it does not really want to go. It is to the point now that people are not angry, they are bored and I think for some of you, you are also bored. The server does not have that same level of excitement and dynamism that it used to have. Everything criminal feels so clinical and pre-ordained. I'm not a full time criminal, I'm a cop and I gotta be honest with you that in August 2022, cops are nearly as fed up as the criminals are.

When this server became popular in 2018-2019, it did so because when you played, you were either a Police Officer or you were a Criminal with civilians in the minority. 
It worked best when it was a cops and robbers server. I know that might seem like a dirty term to some of you but it was a really good cops and robbers roleplay server.
In August 2022, the criminal side of things has been chipped away and through the establishment of the Sheriffs Department, the troubled integration of the Judicial Branch and the expansion of the Government Faction, criminal factions are now marginalised.

To clarify the above comment, have absolutely no issue with the Sheriffs Department at all, just was an explanation that over time the available player pool for criminal role-players has been decreased over time. Pre-JB, the levels were perfectly fine but with the creation of JB and the expansion of the Gov Faction, on a 250-300 max player base, the available pool of criminal role-players has decreased. I also feel that it has had a detrimental effect on the factions where members of the government faction have alts, such as PD. I feel some of our PD roleplayers are going to GOV in part because they are unfulfilled with the current environment within the PD.

Don't believe me?
There are currently 215 player characters in the 8 Official Illegal Factions. 
There are 634 player characters in the 15 Official Legal Factions. 

I think our staff team suffers from a lack of representation for the criminal roleplay side of the server. If you look through our Head and Senior administrator teams, how many of those individuals are full time criminals? One? How many have criminal alts that they play weekly, 2-3? These are your main voices, your big personalities and the gamechangers but the simple fact is, they are not going to be as invested in criminal roleplay as they are government roleplay because they have no vested interest in that area of the server. It's a pretty natural attitude to have and I can't criticise any of them for what they enjoy but it is what it is.

The staff team has to remember that they serve the community and what it wants, not the other way around. I love quite a lot of you and got nothing but respect for the time and effort you guys put in but you are making the decisions, not us.

I think you really have to lean on your reliable criminal faction leaders to guide you. If you are not a criminal yourself and you're making the decisions, double down on consulting them before you make them so you aren't acting at cross purposes with your player-base.

Eclipse Roleplay is a lot of good things but our players don't want a heavy standard of roleplay, there are other servers for that. They want some medium roleplay with a lot of action to supplement it. They've shown you that with their unwillingness or inability to be able to adapt to what you are expecting of then.
I'll keep it 100, there is quite a large portion of the day where driving around Los Santos feels like I'm on my test server by myself.

Solutions and Limitations

Communication
I said it at the start but the radio silence from staff or the founders is so counter-productive. The fact there are so many of us even in the current circumstances tells me we have a pretty loyal player base but that loyalty has been really tested beyond it's limits over the past year. People don't necessarily need to know every detail of what is going on but they want to know the direction the community is heading and whether the obvious issues are going to be addressed or are being addressed.

If the founders don't have time, then select spokespeople from the staff team to do it. I offered myself to do it, but didn't get a reply when I asked. Whoever does it, be willing to work with your criminals and give them what they need.

Overall Server Direction
Recognise what your player base actually wants and give it to them. It sounds like an over-simplification but why the fuck do you think I've spent the last year creating mods for the server? To be able to provide the player base with a more custom and fulfilling gameplay experience here.

This server needs to start placing importance on Criminal again, because it's a formula that works and it is what our success was built on. Change the attitude towards action in the server especially where there is legitimacy and common sense for a player or faction's actions.

We need to look at scaling back the Government faction. We have 50+ player characters in the Government faction, three of them are leaders of official factions and we have so many PD and SD officers/deputies moonlighting in that faction. With all respect to those people because they are all lovely people, we don't need you to be standing around at City Hall waiting for Lewis to log-in. We need Police Officers to go to the impounds, Medics to respond to emergency calls, mechanics to repair vehicles etc.. 

I also have to question whether something like the SAAA is good for the server. We need as many people on the ground and doing things in the world as possible, we don't need people crashing because they flew over the Courthouse and their planes/helicopters landing on people. I look at SAAA and think to myself, you know what, if we had 500 people and everything else was popping, it'd be a nice idea but currently, I just don't see it and I think the continued persistence with it is symptomatic of the neglect to address the real server issues.

Finally, I think we also have consider whether a court faction is also in the best interests of the server. Our criminal and our police departments seem generally confused at the changes to the penal code half the time and I can't help but feel like the court faction and it's verdicts are not as reliable as they need to be for something with such significance. I think things like mandatory arrest reports put unnecessary pressure on some of our police role-players and it's taken some of the fun out of policing for what I can see is very little gain. If it was hitting the mark a lot of the time, I could see the merit but it just seems to bug people half the time.

Server Rules
Review the server rules that apply to criminal factions to see whether they are a help or a hindrance to them. From the outside, our current rules are unnecessarily restrictive and it comes back to the rulings not being representative of those that have to live by them. 

We have created the environment where it's more acceptable to play to the rules than to roleplay a character. That is not a choice, it is a necessity. It seems ridiculously easy to fall foul of the rules and catch punishments for doing things that actually probably make a lot of sense.

Criminals shooting each other is natural. I hate the realism argument a lot of times but go and watch the gangs on a show like The Wire and tell me that how we approach violence is an accurate depiction of real life. 

Yes, the shooting used to get out of control in the server at times but it's really simple. If groups are shooting at each other too much in a certain moment, all you do is have staff call a temporary ceasefire. They can't go after each other in that period of time, they have the time to do some passive roleplay and let things cool off. Then, if they have reason to go back to it, they go back to fighting.

Something to consider is that gang violence in the server also brings a lot of good. It increases the need for imports, which regulates the economy. It increases the amount of crime being committed which gives the police more to do. It increases the amount of people going to prison, which gives DOC more to do. It increases the amount of injured people which brings EMS into the fold.

If you want to know how the rules should be structured, especially when it comes to criminal shit, consult people like @Tee @alexalex303 @poptarts because they have been on the server long enough to know what works and what doesnt, but they've also proven themselves to be rational thinkers and debaters.

2019 Labs
I'll be completely transparent here, there is a group chat with pretty much most of the criminal faction leaders, the administrators, the founders and the mod team specifically for discussing crim. The main topic of discussion over the past ten days was the restoration of the previous labs set-up from 2019. That suggestion was universally supported by all the criminal role-players in that chat and while it's still currently pending staff decisions on it, it is absolutely something we are pushing for.

We did not have the Sheriffs Department in 2019, so some of the labs would ideally be removed. I took it upon myself to create three new locations for drug labs, which would add an extra one to the server and also, to move two of the county ones to the city for balance. I think as is, the locations make it impossible for them to be ignored in certain places. If the main SD highway covers two public labs, then it's going to be hard to ignore them.

otqUIBL.jpegvXgVhWX.jpeg

I'll explain more about why the labs are important in the next sections.

2022 Chop Shops
The scripted system that we introduced this year is good and as a crim group, we agreed that this was the way to go for chops. The thing is though, the values and expense involved do not make it a worthwhile investment of money and time. The chop shops need to be expensive enough where you don't want to be completely reckless with their location but at the same time, if you get caught running one it's not the end of the world. 

If they are regularly used, that's good. 
If criminals shy away from using them because of the expense involved, that's bad.

The Prison
One of the biggest pet peeves of criminals on the server is when they get caught and have to go to prison.
Going to prison should be an in-character punishment, not an OOC timeout for you playing your character or an OOC punishment.

Currently we have stamps which are not a viable currency, a mining job where you are digging in the middle of a prison yard and a poker table that no one can afford to play. On top of that, you have a bunch of other players that are as bored and uninterested as you are.

Listen, changing the prison times won't make a difference right now because 30 minutes or three hours, it's still a shit experience. If you lower the IC consequences for getting caught doing crime, it gets really dumb we've done it before.

What we should do instead is focus on working inside the prison and incentivising people doing things as a means to lower their time. If you want to AFK and do very little, you will have to do all your sentence.  If you want to break the law or fuck about, you'll get more time. BUT if you are willing to grind out the prison jobs then you can work off significant portions of your sentence. 

Some of the jobs you could do is stuff like using a version of the cooking system to make prisoner meals, cleaning areas of the prison, fixing bits and pieces, working in the yard weeding and if you are a trustee, having DOC take you beyond the walls to break rocks outside the prison.  I'll leave some photos here so you can see an idea of what they'd look like.

They don't have to be massively in-depth and can just be copies of existing systems but with a variety and geniune reason to do them for the player, they would make all the difference.

bfWqaYt.jpeg4onFu4x.pngJB6MGEZ.png4HM6R3g.png

Creation of Legal and Illegal Roleplay Hubs
The most important thing on a role-play server is being able to find individuals to interact with. It doesn't matter what faction you are in or how new you are. If you can interact with someone, you can create a story. You can get to network with people you wouldn't necessarily meet. It's why I actually like the Impound. It's the only time as a cop I can interact with anyone in the server no matter who they are and it's a civil conversation.

To this end, I had put forward the Los Santos Shopping Mall suggestion thread for civilian/legal roleplayers to meet up and roleplay together. There are a number of shops there such as a 24/7, gun store, barbers, clothing etc.. which would drive players to that location. This is similar to how the Los Santos Pier used to function and the Bank before that. It's located between the parking lot and burger shot so it's ideal.

For criminal roleplayers however, this is where your chop shops and your drug labs are important. As someone that never joined the big crim factions in 2019, you could get by as a small time criminal by creating business relationships with the bigger fish. You could use the chop if you paid tax. You could use the labs if you knew those holding it down.

Yes, factions will go there to hunt for one another but roleplay servers work best when you give people the tools and let them come up with the story themselves. The static drug labs were a perfect example of this because every interaction was different, you were never safe from danger either from PD or other criminals and it was the purest, rawest experience in Eclipse.

Basically, by having locations that players know they can always find players around, you connect people. The more people connect, the more they enjoy the server. The more they enjoy the server, the longer they play. They longer they play, the more chance they have to connect.

It basically becomes a bootstrap paradox. The roleplay being created in these areas creates the roleplay.

This took me two hours to write out. I'm aware of what the suggestion forum is like and I say these things, not to be a cunt but because like so many of us, I've put a lot into the server and I want to see it thrive. I hope that people are on board with what i've suggested and the best way to see these kinds of change in the server is to make something like this thread undeniable. If every body fucks with the ideas, they are more likely to go in.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 41
  • Upvote 3
  • polarcop 1

The main problem I've noticed is how rules are enforced and how strict they turned in the WRONG direction. Forum reports are based on "per situation" (which isnt necessarily a bad thing) but then those decisions made are just left there and irrelevant in the next report. If something happens and a player gets punished and the resolution is treated as "per situation" then it should affect how all future reports are handled. If someone gets punished for an "unwritten rule" or what one certain staff member believes to be a rulebreak, then it shouldnt be up to interpretation by a different staff member in a different report. The rule should be amended to include this new discovery and should be pushed forward on every report similar.

Another problem is the whole "ruleplay" thing in general. Do you WANT players playing by the rules or not? The whole "roleplay > ruleplay" thing is so fucking confusing for no reason. Why are the rules written in a way where people can abuse them to an unrealistic advantage! If you make a rule, then stick by it and stop blaming players for taking advantage of them OR write them in ways where they cant be abused. If VOIP lets me shout demands at a car, THE PLAYER CAN HEAR ME, WHY CANT I SHOOT THEM? WHY ARE WE DRAWING SUCH SHAKY LINES IN THE SAND ON REALISM. Lets look at it like this, Its currently considered "ruleplaying" If I'm getting chased by 30 gang members and am "running away" at 20mph slow as fuck in my little car just so they cant yell demands at me. Why? The server rules make me immune to demands right? Make up your fucking minds. let me put that in perspective: Its non-rp or unrealistic for me to run for my life at such a slow speeds, but it's also unrealistic for them to yell demands at me from moving cars? HUH?? I understand we're aiming for realism but we're also playing a game here. Let me run that back again for the people in the back: I'm forced to drive for my fucking life to run away from a gang chasing me because I have to assume they have malicious intent, Yet I'm completely safe due to the server rules making me immune to them. EXCUSE ME? DOES NOBODY SEE A PROBLEM HERE?? We're forced to have this IC "fear" but in reality we're in no danger due to the way rules are set up.  Making a WHOLE NEW RULE called "ruleplaying" is just such a lazy fix for this fallacy. 

The whole server "ecosystem" as I like to call it went downhill with the implementation of the public robbery nonsense. The character I play (Cyrus Carver), was hated by many and loved by many at the same time. Why SHOULDNT I fear for my life from my enemies, why SHOULDNT I be able to get robbed in public? Why have the rules shifted over the years in a way that shy's away from conflict RP. Conflict is HEALTHY for the server, This is supposed to be LOS SANTOS, an overexaggerated mirror of Los Angeles. If I piss off the wrong person, They should be able to just run up to me and blast my ass. With the currently "interpretation" of the new life rule, once I get smoked there then boom that's it right? Conflict over. So then why are the rules made in a way to make conflict as fucking BORING and stale as possible.

I recently have started popping up in game again and speaking to all the old veterans about the state of the server and rules, I was told that conflict and war RP between gangs is so piss poor right now that its almost impossible to find. Why? Because of the way the staff team is trying to interpret and push the rules forward. If your gang gets wiped in a mass scale fight at chilliad lab, the beef is over. Even if you got little old Sally holding down the block and see's all her gang members waking up at pillbox with amnesia, Why can't little Sally be like "guy's *insert gang here* is still causing trouble, be on the lookout for their members". Why is it that all those people that went down in the fight all of a sudden have to drop from the conflict RP. You're literally promoting the most STALE experience possible.

_______

Another huge issue is the report mentality in the community, Everyone is so fucking anal about their assets that the moment shit goes south for them they cry and complain about their losses and instantly feel the need to submit a player report because they lost at a situation or don't like the way a situation played out. Bro, roll with the punches. Stop being so attached to assets. The point of the server is to roleplay not farm up assets and money. Everyone in the server has more "gear fear" than tarkov players. If your character cant afford to lose an AK47 then stop fucking bringing them to shootouts. If you're going around walking with valuables and get more upset at the fact you lost an item than the fact someone just broke a rule against you then you're also a huge problem in the server. 

Unpopular opinions:

If your character is a dickhead and makes enemies, then you should probably expect people to be coming after you. Conflict should be like a spark in a lighter. If you want to roleplay as a cunt then you should expect that character to wake up at the nearest hospital like a cunt too. I've always been pushing for relaxed DM/KOS rules. Gang members with rivals should ESPECIALLY be watching their backs and be paranoid, welcome to the gang life bro congratulations. People are so quick to anger when losing a scenario that the instant they even get the SLIGHEST smell of a rule break its "Hey man, I feel like you broke *insert rule here* please save your POV I will be reporting you :)". 

Over my years of playing the server, I've posted a small handful of reports on the forums. I hate resorting to reporting on the forums because it doesn't even feel like a game anymore. There's countless many times where someone has DMed me or broken the fear RP rules against me. Who gives a fuck bro just RP it out, roll with the punches. 

Actually no I stand corrected, With the current deathmatching rules you can't even shoot someone for breaking fear RP (lmao) so I guess yall valid for that one. (The problem is with the server rule FYI not the players). 

On a different note though that paints what a GOOD reason for forum reports is that RP should never be paused in game, its such an ugly habit. An admin popping up ruining an entire RP scenario causing awkward rollbacks should be nonexistent. If something THAT serious happened where a rollback should occur, it should be handled in a forum report (as a MAJOR last resort). Admins should only be stepping in for EXTREME situations such as hackers or exploits. Admin powers in game should be reserved for support situations such as providing RP experiences to players, helping people stuck in different dimensions, stuck falling or behind objects etc. If a bug happens in the middle of an RP scenario, it should be RPed out in a way that involves the least amount of retconning/rollbacking by the involved parties with mutual decency. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

+1 overall. Support everything mentioned here.

I know it had been brought up in other threads, but one other point to mention as well as one of the major current issues is the lack of new content. I believe the devs agree with some of the suggestions and complaints made by the community, such as the DOC situation as an example...however they are only able to work so quickly because of the lack of development manpower. With such a small dev team, even if they agreed with everything on this post and made the decision to implement it all, I feel it would take so long to put in place, many of us might not ever see it. The dev team NEEDS to add more people to their team and push more content. They do a great job with all of the content they release and give a uniqueness to this server that makes it what it is, but its just too slow. I know its hard to train others or trust others with the source code and other issues that may be involved here, but at some point it needs to be realized that the current progression of content just isn't working and a change is required.

7 hours ago, ClankH said:

If your character is a dickhead and makes enemies, then you should probably expect people to be coming after you. Conflict should be like a spark in a lighter. If you want to roleplay as a cunt then you should expect that character to wake up at the nearest hospital like a cunt too. I've always been pushing for relaxed DM/KOS rules. Gang members with rivals should ESPECIALLY be watching their backs and be paranoid, welcome to the gang life bro congratulations. People are so quick to anger when losing a scenario that the instant they even get the SLIGHEST smell of a rule break its "Hey man, I feel like you broke *insert rule here* please save your POV I will be reporting you :)". 

Over my years of playing the server, I've posted a small handful of reports on the forums. I hate resorting to reporting on the forums because it doesn't even feel like a game anymore. There's countless many times where someone has DMed me or broken the fear RP rules against me. Who gives a fuck bro just RP it out, roll with the punches. 

Actually no I stand corrected, With the current deathmatching rules you can't even shoot someone for breaking fear RP (lmao) so I guess yall valid for that one. (The problem is with the server rule FYI not the players). 

Agreed with everything you mentioned as well Clank. There are instances on forum reports where staff are investigating fearRP breaches and they are literally analyzing frames of video evidence looking at MILLISECOND differences between two people pulling out their guns and who has who under fearRP first. You have to be joking with this nonsense. FearRP is just a terrible rule to begin with in the way it is enforced and used as it limits players so much. I get the intent behind it to prevent non-RP, but the rule in of itself CREATES non-rp. Players who RP a certain character have to sometimes completely change the way their character acts to the point its non-RP in itself to conform to the rule and then that person just doesn't get to play anymore. They get to sit there and comply with every demand given to them, or simply get reported for fearRP. No opportunity what-so-ever to RP back or have any say in what they do, just cuz the other person pulled their weapon first. Absolute BS and so restrictive...and what a joke that it gets taken to the point that MILLISECONDS of difference of people pulling their weapons is being analyzed. All of that being said, this is not a slam on server staff. They are just doing their job as they have been told to. This is a problem with the server rules themselves. 

In my opinion, rather than have such restrictive rules, let people have more conflict. Let people shoot each other more freely. If two gangs want to fight, let them fight. The issue will resolve itself if they fight too often as there will be too many resources lost, whether its manpower, guns, or overall just money. Sometimes you need to let things naturally sort themselves out. Let everyone just be creative and have fun with it. So disgusting that everyone is so afraid to even play the game anymore without the fear of being reported with every single situation they get into. 

And that brings me to my last point of the play-to-win mentality. This goes hand in hand with what's already been mentioned about the reports. WAY too many players now with a disgusting play-to-win attitude. Its a game bro. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Get over it. Losing a situation doesn't always necessitate "SaVe pOv". I feel this could also be resolved with rebalancing of the pricing of everything. Lower the prices of weapons for crims. Its been said over and over and over. Enough with the grinding. This isn't runescape man, the grind isn't necessary. Let players get the things they need to RP more easily. It shouldn't be about sitting around all week just grinding money to have fun for 10 minutes at the end of the week and then lose it all, then rinse and repeat next week. 

Edited by Bill Breacher
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bala said:

I think our staff team suffers from a lack of representation for the criminal roleplay side of the server. If you look through our Head and Senior administrator teams, how many of those individuals are full time criminals? One? How many have criminal alts that they play weekly, 2-3?

🤔

+1

Except

12 hours ago, Bala said:

Finally, I think we also have consider whether a court faction is also in the best interests of the server. Our criminal and our police departments seem generally confused at the changes to the penal code half the time and I can't help but feel like the court faction and it's verdicts are not as reliable as they need to be for something with such significance. I think things like mandatory arrest reports put unnecessary pressure on some of our police role-players and it's taken some of the fun out of policing for what I can see is very little gain. If it was hitting the mark a lot of the time, I could see the merit but it just seems to bug people half the time.

JB has been an absolute pleasure to work in, It's been one of the factions I've had the most RP in. (Having been in SD/PD since 2019, including Detective, that's saying a lot) From meeting people at DOC with interesting cases, representing people in SD/PD interrogations, trials and hearings, building relationships with people that now regularly contact me for legal advice all the way to having a direct impact on the penal code.

Now, I won't defend something I'm not aware of, I have only been in JB for a couple of months, but I do think there is value in having a faction where players can appeal there charges. I can tell you from first hand experience having done appeals on Frank (my criminal alt) and also having represented people on Cyrus, there absolutely is situations where someone shouldn't have been arrested (which is fine, that's why court is here, so we can deal with it ICly). The answer here wouldn't be to just get rid of JB and rely on IA. (not saying that's your suggestion).

As far as new Laws go, the last major ones were SAAA laws and drug laws, the latter merely clarified drug charges and what is considered a drug/controlled substance, something absent from previous laws and actually benefited criminal players. An example is addition of GC06 which made possession of certain amounts of weed/plants/seeds liable only for citation and not arrest.

image.png.8970253f10e1c8a6d67255fadfdfa429.png

As for arrest reports, that's a basic component of PD/SD RP, I'm sorry but the things I've seen the past month where some PD/SD don't even have bodycam RP (we don't even ask for physical recording) or have a half-written arrest report is not something I would expect from a faction that has high standards of RP.

This reply is long enough and I want to make it clear I agree with the majority of the suggestion. If you or anyone has any issues feel free to bring it up with JB command, both OOC and IC, I'm sure they would be willing to listen. I just feel like putting a faction on blast with little insight with how it works probably isn't the best thing.

I think that this thread is all over the place, both the OP and the replies. I'm one of the people that pushed very hard for 2019 labs. Not because they were peak roleplay or peak content, but because they were easy to implement and straight-forward. The changes that are proposed in this thread would affect every person on the server and take months to realistically ease into.

I suggest making more bite-sized approaches even if you feel that the situation requires a massive shift, because, well, this is too much.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I think that this thread is all over the place, both the OP and the replies. I'm one of the people that pushed very hard for 2019 labs. Not because they were peak roleplay or peak content, but because they were easy to implement and straight-forward. The changes that are proposed in this thread would affect every person on the server and take months to realistically ease into.

I suggest making more bite-sized approaches even if you feel that the situation requires a massive shift, because, well, this is too much.

I agree with this too, smaller updates not only make it easier for players to get used to, but it also keeps players enticed and makes them look forward to new updates no matter the size.

I'm more than okay with small, bite sized updates continuously. But time and time again the development team have shown they cannot do this. They push a massive update, with a few bug fix updates to follow and then go silent for months on end. I'd much prefer consistent updates overtime that introduce features bit by bit. It allows for patches, hotfixes, adjustments to be made without throwing everyone for a spin. We need more communication.

EDIT: Also, both legal and illegal factions are painful to start. Extremely painful. The economy is in absolute turmoil, property prices are sky high. It just sucks. 

Edited by AtlasOLimbo
  • Upvote 1

I want to say that I appreciate the support that I got from those that that liked the original post. 
While not every body is going to share my opinion, I feel that my thread was as much for those people that do not feel comfortable speaking up themselves on these issues or lack the right words to express how they feel the server needs to change. To those people, I encourage you to stick with this and be open-minded that things will improve over time and you can all find more enjoyment in the server.

I'd would like to offer an apology to the Sheriffs Department for any unintended insult that my words might have caused. Aside from a professional rivalry of wanting to be the best police faction, I have nothing but good vibes for SD. My words merely were to illustrate since the creation of the Sheriffs Department in mid-2019, we have expanded our government and civilian areas which as the population has eased off has left our current available pool of criminals looking rather shallow. I also feel that for my own faction, far too many PD officers are moonlighting in government because they are not quite getting what they want from the current PD experience, which is what I wanted to improve.

However, based on some of the negative feedback and criticism I received privately today for making this thread despite good intentions for doing so, there is nothing further I can now offer at this point to try and improve our situation. Creating threads like this only serve to incite others especially when the sort of things proposed don't happen and I don't wish to make a difficult job more difficult by trying to force a resolution.

I've made a commitment to my friends and people I respect on this server to give them that dope modded shit and I do keep my promises. Once those projects are submitted, I will be looking at whether I can still find enjoyment in this current set-up. It may be that our interests do not align anymore.

Thank you once again and if a staff member would be so kind as to archive this, I would appreciate it x

Edited by Bala
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bala said:

I want to say that I appreciate the support that I got from those that that liked the original post. 
While not every body is going to share my opinion, I feel that my thread was as much for those people that do not feel comfortable speaking up themselves on these issues or lack the right words to express how they feel the server needs to change. To those people, I encourage you to stick with this and be open-minded that things will improve over time and you can all find more enjoyment in the server.

I'd would like to offer an apology to the Sheriffs Department for any unintended insult that my words might have caused. Aside from a professional rivalry of wanting to be the best police faction, I have nothing but good vibes for SD. My words merely were to illustrate since the creation of the Sheriffs Department in mid-2019, we have expanded our government and civilian areas which as the population has eased off has left our current available pool of criminals looking rather shallow. I also feel that for my own faction, far too many PD officers are moonlighting in government because they are not quite getting what they want from the current PD experience, which is what I wanted to improve.

However, based on some of the negative feedback and criticism I received privately today for making this thread despite good intentions for doing so, there is nothing further I can now offer at this point to try and improve our situation. Creating threads like this only serve to incite others especially when the sort of things proposed don't happen and I don't wish to make a difficult job more difficult by trying to force a resolution.

I've made a commitment to my friends and people I respect on this server to give them that dope modded shit and I do keep my promises. Once those projects are submitted, I will be looking at whether I can still find enjoyment in this current set-up. It may be that our interests do not align anymore.

Thank you once again and if a staff member would be so kind as to archive this, I would appreciate it x

it’s not even worth wasting your time here anymore mate @Bala. It’s clear to see the direction the staff want to go in and that’s why the player base/server is dying. I personally don’t see anything changing that will bring in more players. The only thing that will happen is that more and more people will leave ECRP because of stubborn admin staff and slow development. 

Edited by Ronnie Moretti

Archived as per the posters request.

Please can we all be respectful when making suggestions. Bad mouthing other factions does not provide a positive contribution. I’m not just specifically talking about this thread I’m talking about all future suggestions.