Yeager

Jail Times

Jail times are simply just too long, this is a game people want to have fun IN the game. They don't want to be watching Netflix for 3 hours straight, they want to have fun in the game. 1 evasion will get you basically 2 hours and most criminals have guns on them so that's another 1 hour so that's 3 hours gone to waste. Especially people who have a limited amount of time to play due to school and work, they don't want to come online only to do jail time, they want to have fun. So in my opinion jail time needs to be decreased heavily especially the evading charges, halving the charges will be fantastic and wont get players demotivated. I want to hear opinions so feel free to comment!

• Like 7

Literally don't get caught. Jail time and fines have been reduced/limited over recent months to an extensive degree. I and many people I play with manage to evade daily. And to DOC, while yes it can definitely be improved. If more people tried to roleplay rather than alt+tab and watch Netflix or beat the shit out of eachother it'd be in a better state. Me and my friends literally just play UNO sometimes.

• dead 1

+1, but a slight edit I'd like to make. We don't necessarily need the charges halved, we need the amount of time in the cap lowered. Five to eight hours is still WAY too long and I don't believe our cap should be over two hours, and an hour and a half for when we can pay the fines associated with it. The point of an RP server is to have fun; and criminals already take severe losses ICly when arrested a lot of the time.

DOC is an OOC punishment in my opinion with the absolute lack of anything to do and if you don't have friends in there with you, you will 100% of the time sit in a cell with netflix pulled up or just log out for the night.

13 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

Me and my friends literally just play UNO sometimes.

Uno is always fun at DOC 🙂

So, +1 but instead of changing the times we get for charges, change the cap of the charges again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

Literally don't get caught. Jail time and fines have been reduced/limited over recent months to an extensive degree. I and many people I play with manage to evade daily. And to DOC, while yes it can definitely be improved. If more people tried to roleplay rather than alt+tab and watch Netflix or beat the shit out of eachother it'd be in a better state. Me and my friends literally just play UNO sometimes.

How can you roleplay when theres nothing to do especially when theres no inmates. 

Also i always see you on a bike which is easy to evade xD

• Like 1
  • yooo 1
  • POG 1

As a player that has both LEO and criminal character, I must say it's a -1 on this from me.
When you are arrested, it says "treat this time as in real life" or something like that. If you spent 2 hours in jail, it is ICly treated as 120 months, meaning 10 years. The first thing you do when you go out of jail, you simply go back to your criminal life, like nothing in jail happened to make you think about your past and your future. If you are to continue with your crim RP immediately after you go out of prison, maybe use the time inside to think of how to do things better not to get caught.

Criminal characters have a lot more fun during their time out and have a lot more opportunities to make money and have fun, especially with the latest dev team focus on updates.

If you are doing something illegal IRL, you are always aware that you can be caught, so is the situation on eclipse RP. If you think you can evade - then do it, but be aware of the consequences. When I play on LEO character, a lot of people tend to evade.

tldr:
- skill issue -> practice, plan
- senteces are already reduced and adjusted
- do some quality RP planning

much love!

It's a (necessary) deterrent for you to stop committing crimes. The general idead is that you would not want to end up in prison ever again, cause realistically you'd have years-long sentences, instead, the way that game work makes so that you end up in prison over, and over, and over again. In order for it not to happen, you have to find ways to not get caught, regardless of the scenario. Prison cap has already been added months ago, and I do believe that 5 hours (tops) are not that huge of a deal upon hours of playtime. End of the day, it's up to you to create and join RP in prison, rather than tab out and watch netflix for hours straight.

-1 for the reducing of sentences, they are there to encourage criminal role players to find other ways of conducting themselves and eventually as a punishment for whatever crime they committed. Not having these would make evading and shooting at cops the norm).

However, I would suggest a decrease in the difficulty of obtaining firearms. Keep the sentences the same, but allow organized criminal groups with cartel connections to import these goods at a reduced rate. Seeing how some groups prioritize and defend saving people with body armour or AK-47s seems a bit weird to me. It almost feels like sometimes saving these weapons (which cost a ton of money) are being prioritized over the RP potential of saving a member being arrested or gang members being attacked by a rival faction. The fear of losing a fellow member or having one arrested should be greater than that of losing a gun and it's fair that these players are acting this way when there is a lot of monetary value tied to these weapons, which equals hours/days of work.

Not to say that ARs, SMGs and Shotguns should be cheaper, but at the very least handguns should be easily obtainable for criminal groups. Perhaps encouraging more prisoner transport hits (although hopefully not to an extreme extent where it is a daily occurrence), and more importantly gang vs gang conflict, which might alleviate the feeling players get for going to jail ''for nothing''.

Edited by Cyrus Raven
  • Like 1
  • dead 1

+1/-1 

I think if there is a time reduction it should be by 1 hour. As in cap is brought from 5hrs to 4hrs. 

I think the main issue is that we just need major prison update as suggested before by Kourtney to give us things to do and RP to engage in.

• Like 1

kind of agree but I just think the charges themselves need readjusting, not all lowered, for example: 

evading: decrease sentence 

my reasoning is OOC but after all it's a game and we want everyone to have fun, evading gives yourself, your allies (helping you evade with bike set ups, taking tires and other plans), AND the police ALL have an overall fun RP experience. I think we can all agree that being chased by PD and SD is some of the most fun you can have, and I can imagine it's also fun for PD and SD to chase crims too. 

of course I don't want the charges reduced to a point that people evade simply for fun but I just believe that having these fun interactions with multiple factions shouldn't hurt you as much as they do when you get caught, because let's be honest, with how fast you get air 1, bikes on you and with the amount of police that join the chases it's pretty hard to evade these days unless you're on a bike yourself to begin with (maybe have different charges for different vehicles people evade in? it would also be nice to adjust the police response to the vehicle you are chasing: warrener: couple normal cop cars ect. since crims that aren't rich aren't pummelled with debt and prison since it's quite literally impossible for them to evade in normal cheaper vehicles; crim life seems to be gatekeeped for new players or people wanting to use vehicles that aren't being used simply for min/maxing)

just some ideas, we all want to have fun, and the fines and time we spend in jail is what makes the chases so fun and exciting, knowing that being caught is really going to hurt your character and have you stuck in DOC for a while.

Although I strongly agree people should RP more in prison, and I do my best to have fun in there when I am (pretty much daily) but after 30 mins it gets very very stale, the prison is small, there is basically nothing to do scriptly and unfortunately a lot of people don't want to have heavy RP, especially not a lot of criminals these days.

TLDR:

Maybe adjust prison times so crimes that have a social element or give RP/fun to other people/factions should not be so heavily punished.

maybe police response should escalate with the vehicle they are chasing and the charges they believe to have committed

something like that sorry for long response 🙂 

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

Without alluding to much of PD policy, Response to pursuits are driven by active units, active situations, persons believe to be involved, crimes committed, and naturally vehicle type dictates special unit deployments.

As a long time serving member of the LSPD and Eclipse RP... I can tell you those that have been around for a while, would much rather a good RP situation than a pursuit or a shoot out any day. Whilst shoot outs are fun in the moment for some people, LSPD spends upwards of 1-2 hours post situation cleaning up the bodies, weapons, cars, bullets etc. We are required to clean up our messes.

I would much rather have a random friendly interaction with a player any day over a pursuit or gun fight, and I am sure this sentiment is shared by alot of the senior members of the department.

In summary, there are alot of conditions that a pursuit requires to gain alot of units. There are of course exceptions (Violence, guns, gangs) that result in escalation quickly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.