shiroq

Criminal life improvements

There is a problem with high level crime in this server. The lack of crime for one and repetitiveness of it are big issues right now in my opinion.

With the new faction requirements of higher level factions that they have to RP accordingly and can’t do petty crimes like robbing stores and chopping cars there is only one thing left to do and that is to make drugs.

The biggest issue with making drugs is that it is almost impossible to do so, on the weekends police and swats destroy them by the hour. If you are lucky you can make something until they come but then you are also in high risk of being caught which is fine. But the destruction of labs by police is not fine at all. It all should be left up to criminals of who want to raise the prices and maybe control the market or certain labs etc.

Another issue about swats getting involved in drug labs is that basically there is no way to fight them. You need insane resources and man power just to fight against a few good swat guys. And these kind of trade-offs and risks just make no sense so that’s why no one ever really tries to fight the labs being destroyed

I know that it’s hard and time consuming to develop such systems but the crafting system is already in place why not add such things as

• Moonshine
  •  Whiskey 
  • Rum 
  • Cigarettes or Tobacco

These are just a few examples of what the crafting system could be used for.

Another thing that could be added for “rich” people is hunting. Could add animals into certain areas where people could hunt if they have a permit which could let say cost 250k or something. Permit holders of that license could purchase a hunting rifle (one of the sniper rifles but modified to not do a lot of damage on people so it couldn’t be used as an assassination weapon and so on) Police officers would be able to check the license and if the hunting rifle is valid. If for example the rifle is used on people, then the license would be scrapped and the person would have to buy it for 250k again or whatever the sum of it would be. This would add variety and a very nice RP aspect of hunting as its one of the things that usually rich people do. It could also provide way for people to earn money through this adding more variety.

Import jobs could also be added for example importing goods from “Mexico” like cigarettes, cigars and so on. It would be something that would require to invest but you could sell those items for profit either to people or drop offs like with drugs.

I think the biggest frustration is that with the new faction changes and the requirements we are very restricted on what we can do especially the factions and people that want to follow those guidelines and do everything right. It’s hard to control members of your faction when they want to make money but they can’t because due to the RP nature of the faction they are restricted in what crime they can do and are forced to stand around doing nothing. While not everything revolves around money but everyone loves to make money and it’s a big part of everyone’s RP and currently I think there is just not enough ways to make money illegally following the new RP requirements from criminals

EDIT: I did forget to mention the fact that Impound lots are removing a lot of cars from the streets making it even harder to do criminal stuff. But even then stealing cars could be seen as a petty crime unless its a very expensive car. But this new addition does not help at all

Edited by shiroq
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I would include few other things which were not mentioned.

Leave police impounds to police - basically LSC people are grinding it and there is basically no cars to chop it, drug labs are being destroyed every day by police and basically server has been turned into bus driver simulator. Make police to not be able to destroy labs and leave impound thing only to police, because mechanic factions are abusing it and basically illegal factions are left only on shop robbing (which is limited to one gang) and that's all.

If server developers and staff wanted to make the town anti criminal - good job, you made it.

• Upvote 1

+1. feels like nothing criminal happening right now in the city. It is very hard to do illegal things. Like comment above stated if there was trying to make crimeless city and nothing illegal, good job. But i  feel with official criminal factions there should be updates towards making criminal rp better. This suggestion is really good, there is lots of things that could be added to improve it.

1 hour ago, shiroq said:

think the biggest frustration is that with the new faction changes and the requirements we are very restricted on what we can do especially the factions and people that want to follow those guidelines and do everything right. It’s hard to control members of your faction when they want to make money but they can’t because due to the RP nature of the faction they are restricted in what crime they can do and are forced to stand around doing nothing.

I feel as though the whole server took a fat L when we made drugs part of a NPC process instead of roleplay, encouraging those to make money instead of interact with others in terms of sales.  I don't necessarily think the drugs have enough benefit at this point to BE sold as they have to be useful but hey, that's just me.  I  agreed with everything in the thread.  +1

Edited by Resfiel420

When there was the announcement of moving to official "non-government" factions it did say they wanted to implement new content to support the factions as they're implemented so hopefully that'll add some more stuff to do.

As for ideas, high level crime wise, there should be more trafficking like mentioned up above. I do think there should trafficking opportunities of all types such as weapons, cars, drugs, and even generic goods(clothing/general store items) that aren't taxed and probably stolen.

Another option could be hijacking "pre-placed" trailers and moving it to a location, like a criminal version of the trucker job and similar to GTA5Online. An initial call could go to the PD stating whatever the cargo was and that it was stolen from whatever location but that would be all they get, no tracking or anything. Once the cargo is delivered, it would give the monetary rewards as well as some physical cargo(depending on the cargo) that the criminals could sell to other players or stash it for later. This would also bolster criminal inventories and stashes making it more likely that criminals would rob each other for the extra cargo that would come into play.

Higher stakes robberies at could be another option. This would work identical to robbing stores but take at least 4 people and the amounts would be larger and require it to be laundered as well. Once the establishment is robbed, the criminals would need to take the money(it would be in item form so they couldn't use it themselves) to a random location as a drop off to be laundered and receive their cut.

Lastly, there could be illegal gambling implemented. It wouldn't be all be "high class" and it wouldn't be in a NCZ. This could range from dice to cards or whatever else. The stakes would be determined by those involved and protection would also be up to those involved as well.

Thats an amazing suggestion, i think another thing that i could add and came up myself is printing money. It could go on a similar process of crafting where you go to a warehouse and bring required materials and you start printing money and after you are done you take that money to another warehouse to launder it and you get lets say 70% value of it so if you take 100k and you launder it then you get 70k or something similar. Money like that could also be physical objects so you would put them in bags so its more fun. It could also be used as a secondary criminal currency where you could buy guns with cash like that and make exchanges  by dropping money bags on the floor and taking your goods. Because currently things like weapon sales usually happen at the bank and then people go somewhere to exchange the goods. It's not very rp way to do it . And introducing this currency would also make it fun as for example if a third party hijacks a deal and they want to launder that money they would be under the threat of retaliation of both parties involved and so on.

Also it could be another way of solving the tax issue. People would be able to buy these printed dollars for legal ones and store them at home avoiding taxes and hiding their assets etc. Always under threat of being raided by police and losing it all but this would make things so much more interesting in the server

+1 from me, because the city became very very quiet and there isn't much to do after the changes and requirements if you want to become official. Also I would like to add that if warehouses would produce different goods, it would encourage warehouse owners to interact with each other to combine those goods for the better. For example - one warehouse produces AK's and smg ammo, other SMG's and AK ammo, so you need to interact, make exchanges and stuff. Also about money making through printer, it also may require 3 different items to do that from lets say 3 different warehouses. Anyways, there is always room for improvement in the server for everyone, lets be patient! 🙂  

Huge +1. This entire criminal faction 'revamp' happened at the worst possible time. 

There is NOTHING a criminal gang can do now that benefits the RP standards of the server. I saw a video by @BallinByNature where his gang was being showcased and their 'abilities' demonstrated but all that happened in the video was a simple store robbery (I would like to say though it was nicely acted out) but that is now the limitation of the server.

SWAT and police should NOT actively go to these drug locations and destroy them hourly because IRL these locations move and are rarely static. Police don't just turn up to the same location, obliterate it then come back an hour later. This is borderline fail rp and powergaming and police should not ICly know the location of the drug labs unless ICly informed with this IC knowledge expiring soon after (similar time-frame to KOS rule - 24 hours).

My gang attempted to create strong RP twice, both situations very similar but with completely contrasting endings. We held a hostage in a store and used said hostage as insurance for our safety. The first time we did this, the RP lasted a good hour and was great, the police enjoyed it, everyone played their part well - it was excellent high-level RP. The second time, the police just ignored the RP safety of the hostage and just marched in guns blazing. Ruining the RP we had been planning for a considerable amount of time. tl;dr - the police need to have an RP training course OOCly to allow them to better their RP rather than just being IC admins.

The impound is a fantastic idea and has cleaned up the streets in a great way, but why are the cars unobtainable when impounded? The car's should be physically IN the impound not teleported to and unobtainable location. This has killed off another element of criminal RP.

Tl;dr - The only thing left on the server is store robberies for criminals as SWAT powergame the drug labs making them unusable. 

• Like 1

+1 aside from the hunting. While I like the idea, hunting is also done by poor peoplem. In the south no rich person goes into the wild to hunt, they release there own animals on a tract of closed off land. But poor and middle class people go out into the woods with there rifles and hunt much more often.

3 hours ago, reddawn141 said:

+1 aside from the hunting. While I like the idea, hunting is also done by poor peoplem. In the south no rich person goes into the wild to hunt, they release there own animals on a tract of closed off land. But poor and middle class people go out into the woods with there rifles and hunt much more often.

it was more to use as an example of things to be added, this server does not have to portray real life with absolute accuracy. And hunting could be an exclusive thing to give players what to work for and maybe instead of only buying sports cars to invest somewhere else.

Edited by shiroq

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.