Andro

Police

36 minutes ago, kris giggs said:

A bit of a paradox here. It is realistic for cops to respond in such a large number, and it unrealistic for a street gang or mafia per se to chase someone in a convoy - in a large grouping. The police will always have the upper hand, as it should, as it does in real life, and the reason the rules are so direct and stifling is because people only promote realism when it suits them. The whole argument here is, if we can't have it, they can't either, and if they have it, we should have it as well which is a very bad narrative to spread in these instances.

The rules have progressed immensely and as someone who felt what the rules were like in 2019 (which is what you are pushing for with this topic) on their own skin, we are in a much better place. Someone has to keep the gangs in check so they don't go out of control and turn the server into a TDM - police in an in-character setting, and sadly, the rules, since the community, specifically past (un)official criminal factions had different ideas compared to Faction Services and executive staff I can imagine.

I understand the reasoning and for the most part I do agree. In 2019 you couldn't go to the barber without getting robbed etc. 

With respect to that I just think it's worth mentioning that the outcome oocly is the same for both LEO's and Criminals. Players want to be involved and will be less driven to play if they aren't allowed to do so.  At the end of the day it is a video game and while yes, we should strive for realism, it's important to remember that having fun is the goal.

As things become more and more restricting for players on the criminal end you will have less of them as a result. As stated above the same is true for LEO's.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, Olivia Can said:

I'd like to quote a staff member that recently handled a report against the Dragons faction "Concerning the Dragons specifically, having a total of 6, and (later 7!) vehicles involved in a chase would be considered Non-Roleplay Convoying. Chasing someone with this many vehicles on a busy street is unrealistic and promotes poor quality roleplay."

This should apply to cops as well. SD has stopped chasing LSD members because it is more harmful to the citizens and other cars on the road that cops are supposed to be RPing exist. I don't see why in the city, which is more populated then SD territory, this isn't applied as well. It seems very NRP for 10-12 cop cars to be leaping and jumping around on the street, doing the exact same things as the criminal they're chasing are doing. It's called reckless operation when civilians do it...

First of all, there is rarely an occasion where more than 5 police cars are required in a vehicle pursuit. Usually the supervisor will advise additional responding units to go for interceptions (clear out surrounding roads of where the pursuit line is coming) or deploying spikes if authorized.

Secondly, with emergency lights on, cops are exempted from traffic laws when responding to an emergency or pursuing a suspect.

And thirdly—to quote  "leaping and jumping around on the street, doing the exact same things as the criminal they're chasing are doing. It's called reckless operation when civilians do it...", the issue here is a game limitation. With the unrealistic handling of vehicles in GTA V, I am not sure how else you expect chases to be. If you are using this argument against cops, it should also apply to criminals that it would be "NRP" to go 100+ mph in downtown Los Santos, which is based on the City of Los Angeles, a city with traffic congestions and pedestrians around.

Edited by Thommy
  • NAY 2

On 8/27/2022 at 2:53 AM, Thommy said:

First of all, there is rarely an occasion where more than 5 police cars are required in a vehicle pursuit. Usually the supervisor will advise additional responding units to go for interceptions (clear out surrounding roads of where the pursuit line is coming) or deploying spikes if authorized.

There's so many things I want to say to this... but I think I'll just leave it at... this is false. I don't know how long you've been on the server, but it's very rare, unless there's 5 or less cops on the server, that they will only have 5 cops in a chase. I don't have the wherewithal to post every video and picture I have for proof here, but just know... this is a very limited point of view that speaks to the fact that you've probably only participated in LEO RP.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:53 AM, Thommy said:

Secondly, with emergency lights on, cops are exempted from traffic laws when responding to an emergency or pursuing a suspect.

And thirdly—to quote  "leaping and jumping around on the street, doing the exact same things as the criminal they're chasing are doing. It's called reckless operation when civilians do it...", the issue here is a game limitation. With the unrealistic handling of vehicles in GTA V, I am not sure how else you expect chases to be. If you are using this argument against cops, it should also apply to criminals that it would be "NRP" to go 100+ mph in downtown Los Santos, which is based on the City of Los Angeles, a city with traffic congestions and pedestrians around.

To quote the u.s. Department of Justice "Firearms should not be used in an attempt to stop a pursued vehicle. This applies to officers at roadblocks. as well as to pursuing officers. Fortunately, such action is rarely taken, because most officers realize it is extremely dangerous and ineffective. A car traveling at high speed with a wounded or dead person at the controls, would be far more dangerous than the pursuit, and a danger that none of us can justify." However, we all know that isn't the case when it comes to this server.

To continue, since you want to quote policies:

100112083_Screenshot2022-08-28at21-43-16122025NCJRS_pdf.png.9bafff21ce73d8f23e0fe206540a6936.png

And yet again:
ZxjE695.png

And continuing on, when looking at California penal code and pursuit guidelines, which is what San Andreas is supposed to be modeled after:

975663722_Screenshot2022-08-28at21-51-13VehiclePursuitGuidelines-Vehicle_Pursuit_pdf.png.9bf16597f9bdf688251cbcbda139d7bb.png

I can keep going, but I think you get the point. When in IRL situations, cops first concern is civilians and their safety, it is not winning or catching the person. They have a set number of cars allowed, they even have a set speed they are not to exceed even if the criminal passes it.

That is because cops are SUPPOSED to work for and help the people of the state, not play cops vs. robbers. The goal shouldn't be get the arrest before everything.

TL;DR: IRL cops have guidelines on pursuits, speed maximums, and put the civilians above all else. I think ours should too. ❤️ People matter!

Edited by Olivia Can
  • Like 2
  • dead 3

53 minutes ago, Olivia Can said:

-snip-

The difference is that in real-life the police does not simply give up, it usually (in the big cities such as Los Angeles) has a helicopter follow the suspect until he thinks he got away and then arrest him on foot.

Alternatively, most people evade in their own vehicle, and they will be arrested at their house a couple of hours later. 

Both of these tactics are almost impossible on ECRP because the helicopter is a nerfed version of its counterpart and because people only go to their house to store/withdraw weapons in addition to excessively sharing vehicles with no thought about damage.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

On 8/29/2022 at 5:02 AM, Olivia Can said:

There's so many things I want to say to this... but I think I'll just leave it at... this is false. I don't know how long you've been on the server, but it's very rare, unless there's 5 or less cops on the server, that they will only have 5 cops in a chase. I don't have the wherewithal to post every video and picture I have for proof here, but just know...

Factual, you've got to remember thought that there are those rare instances that justify this. There's a common trope in real life, the LAPD being one of the places that this trope is common at due to the rough and unforgiving nature of the city's southern-based crime rate, that "You never have enough backup" - Policing, when it isn't aimed at a community, is done with superior force that removes all elements of resistance from whatever it is the police are trying to do, i.e, you have a guy resisting one cop? He'll get four more to make sure that guy stops and rethinks before he tries to run off again, now that he'll have three or more tasers flying his way and not one. Its unfair, sure, but you've got to remember that with the mindset, environment and common instances where shootouts happen it is only natural for police/sheriffs... Whatever, to always make sure they've got their hand on-top and have the numerical and firepower advantage, even if its something as minor as a guy jaywalking. There's limits, obviously, but you always need to look at it from the other side too.

TL;DR: IRL cops have guidelines on pursuits, speed maximums, and put the civilians above all else. I think ours should too. ❤️ People matter!

You're asking people to emulate real life elements 1:1 even though the real life rationality behind it has no place on Eclipse and the majority of roleplay servers. You have to remember that in real life you also have busy streets, pedestrians crossing the road, people who don't drive 100 miles per hour and are almost always stopped the moment they very much touch the curb/spin/hit another car and etcetera. Its just not possible, even though I'm sure all of us would much rather have more realism in pursuits and whatnot.

If you want the 'realistic' aspect of pursuits to shine through, you'll need a serious makeover of the entire server population's mindset, you've got people (everywhere, I'm not blaming anyone - I'm not even in any faction or group) who are more to enjoy the GTA aspect of the game and not the ideal heavy roleplay aspect of it, if you did? Then you'd have people driving off on 70 miles per hour and almost always giving up on trying after being kicked into their car's wheel because they spun out or bumped into another car. Even if the engine didn't fail and die down.

To continue, since you want to quote policies:

This is not a federal mandation for all law enforcement agencies in the USA, you're looking at a paper from 1990 that is not only seriously outdated but also referring specifically to a few organizations that at the time, due to various reasons (For example, Nassau County) were under direct supervision and guidance from the Department of Justice. 

This is factual though. It very much is a thing in real life, and almost never done unless the vehicle poses a real and credible threat at the exact moment, i.e shooting at people.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HaminLord said:

This is not a federal mandation for all law enforcement agencies in the USA, you're looking at a paper from 1990 that is not only seriously outdated but also referring specifically to a few organizations that at the time, due to various reasons (For example, Nassau County) were under direct supervision and guidance from the Department of Justice. 

I never said it was a federal mandate. I said it was policy. I put the link there so that everyone could see it was from a STUDY done in the 1990s of 4 different police departments and how they handle their pursuits. The conclusion wrote about how best to handle them. It was a simple example that things are done and can be done in different ways.

This is factual though. It very much is a thing in real life, and almost never done unless the vehicle poses a real and credible threat at the exact moment, i.e shooting at people.

Not on ECRP? Where they're supposed to act and behave as if civilians are there on the street?

You're asking people to emulate real life elements 1:1 even though the real life rationality behind it has no place on Eclipse and the majority of roleplay servers.

There's no rationality behind speed maximums for legal vehicles and having pursuit limits? It doesn't apply to Eclipse? Why then does SD have a policy about not chasing LSD drivers anymore because it's more dangerous for them to chase the vehicles then it is for them to get the arrest? AKA: Putting civilians first.

If you want the 'realistic' aspect of pursuits to shine through, you'll need a serious makeover of the entire server population's mindset, you've got people (everywhere, I'm not blaming anyone - I'm not even in any faction or group) who are more to enjoy the GTA aspect of the game and not the ideal heavy roleplay aspect of it

Not just that but this is supposed to be a heavier RP sever. That is according to admins. So... yeah...

On 8/28/2022 at 10:55 PM, alexalex303 said:

The difference is that in real-life the police does not simply give up, it usually (in the big cities such as Los Angeles) has a helicopter follow the suspect until he thinks he got away and then arrest him on foot.

Alternatively, most people evade in their own vehicle, and they will be arrested at their house a couple of hours later. 

Both of these tactics are almost impossible on ECRP because the helicopter is a nerfed version of its counterpart and because people only go to their house to store/withdraw weapons in addition to excessively sharing vehicles with no thought about damage.

A. Where is the statistic that states most people evade in their own vehicle? Or are you just saying this?

B. That's false. Please read what this states below about not following pursuits and giving up.

1762357753_Screenshot2022-08-31at13-30-17Police.png.896a1c34b7b49b4e1c67a7b74bc8457d.png

It states "it is POSSIBLE that the pursuit will be reestablished" and that "in most cases, if an apprehension is not made quickly and at a reasonable speed the MOST INTELLIGENT ACTION for the officer is to discontinue the pursuit".

C. It is completely possible for a helicopter to follow a car without the need of 5+ cops behind it at all times. In ECRP.

D. "people only go to their house to store/withdraw weapons in addition to excessively sharing vehicles with no thought about damage" I believe this would be considered NRP and shouldn't be used as a reasoning to not behave as officers would IRL. Just cause someone else breaks immersion doesn't mean you should too.

10 minutes ago, Olivia Can said:

C. It is completely possible for a helicopter to follow a car without the need of 5+ cops behind it at all times. In ECRP.

This is completely false. The helicopter used in eclipse is such a poor comparison to the heli that actual police departments use. There is no camera in the heli so all visual of the vehicle is based off of a third person camera, there is no additional HUD display that gives the pilot any indication to their location/altitude outside of the outdated base games altitude marker on the map. If the heli had all of the features of its real life counterpart then I could see an argument for this but at it's current stage a ground unit is required to assist the heli, especially in pursuits that take place at night.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Freclan said:

This is completely false. The helicopter used in eclipse is such a poor comparison to the heli that actual police departments use. There is no camera in the heli so all visual of the vehicle is based off of a third person camera, there is no additional HUD display that gives the pilot any indication to their location/altitude outside of the outdated base games altitude marker on the map. If the heli had all of the features of its real life counterpart then I could see an argument for this but at it's current stage a ground unit is required to assist the heli, especially in pursuits that take place at night.

Clearly you didn't read what I said, so let me repeat it "It is completely possible for a helicopter to follow a car without the need of 5+ cops behind it at all times. In ECRP." One to two cop cars do not make 5+ cops. I am talking about LIMITING the amount of cars in a pursuit. Not removing them all together.

The problem Is... majority of PD roleplay is a reaction of what criminals create. Example, a criminal speed's therefore PD chase. When I was in PD, a lot of the time nothing would happen. So, when something does happen you want to get involved. In your scenario, nothing obviously had been going on for a while so people want to get involved with the traffic stop. It's that or do nothing.

What's the fix? I think PD need to implement more internal RP. There's loads of fun RP they could explore but choose not too. If they had more RP opertunitys outside of waiting for criminals to start the RP then not every cop would want to respond to that Traffic Stop.

Restricting players in PD from engaging in the only RP they get is not the way!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 5:32 PM, MrDisciple said:

What's the fix? I think PD need to implement more internal RP. There's loads of fun RP they could explore but choose not too. If they had more RP opertunitys outside of waiting for criminals to start the RP then not every cop would want to respond to that Traffic Stop.

Big +1. This is a super amazing idea.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, MrDisciple said:

The problem Is... majority of PD roleplay is a reaction of what criminals create. Example, a criminal speed's therefore PD chase. When I was in PD, a lot of the time nothing would happen. So, when something does happen you want to get involved. In your scenario, nothing obviously had been going on for a while so people want to get involved with the traffic stop. It's that or do nothing.

Restricting players in PD from engaging in the only RP they get is not the way!

We do tons of internal RP.

ATD, SED trainings every week.

Field training sessions, weapon and vehicle training sessions, supervisor meetings, I know other divisions do their own trainings etc.

We also have a lot of RP in terms of paperwork.

We have our own "shipments" we do whenever we get new equipment which is purely RP.

We also do other internal RP like departmental parties, we even did a few "feelings circle" RP events.

I don't think not having enough internal rp to do is the issue. The issue is there isn't enough crimes and calls to respond to.

I will get on shift most nights and drive around the county for a few hours and have maybe 1 or 2 calls/back ups to respond to. I can go 30 minutes without seeing a single person on the roads.

Almost all the crime especially in Blaine County is happening in drugs labs or robbing gun stores etc.

Some divisions have more opportunity for constant internal RP than others which is just the nature of things. For example, SED is almost purely reactionary so we don't have anything internal or external to do (except the trainings and RP shipments I mentioned) unless there is crime happening. When crimes do happen, we get to fill out operation reports, have IC debriefings etc...

The issue is not enough crime happens in public which is probably caused by heavy IC consequences for doing crimes.

Edited by Jett_J
  • Like 1

@Jett_J I completely agree with your points. Although, you can't state you do "Tons of internal rp" then later say "most nights [you] drive around - for a few hours". My point your disagreeing to is to implement more internal RP. Which means you don't need to drive around for a few hours doing nothing. I was a cop, I know there isn't enough internal RP to prevent the issues raised in this thread.

I think there are two solutions for this suggestion. Relax player theft rules as per THIS old thread I made, this would allow more street crime therefore more 911 calls and activity on the streets. OR create more cop internal RP. Obviously this internal RP is suggested for when there is nothing going on.

Internal RP suggestions (Requiring no script):

• Catch Up / DAILY brief done in your individual precincts before/during every shift. (Maybe 4 times a day so everyone has a chance to join one).
  • PR events such as frequent visits to city hot spots to offer out information to public.
  • Weekly press release events, open for public audience and questioning.
  • Required on duty group therapy sessions for officers involved in shootings.
  • A laundry center that cops bring their uniforms too, to be washed.
  • Car wash that cops bring their cars too. (Many officers take pride in appearance and are attached to their designated cruiser!)
  • A private PD gym that everyone attends often, like real life : )
  • Way more interrogations with multiple suspects. Line ups and witness testimonies.
  • Court system should be used continuously everyday with the amount of charge's criminals disagree with. Police should continuously be going there to give statements.
  • Make the IA more in game then out. Statements could be in person rather than E Mail.
  • Parole type systems for EVERY criminal who leaves DOC that was arrested for extreme crimes. Example, they check in with low ranking PD / SD officers and also get advice counseling.

FYI, this list is what I came up with in like 15 minuets. There's probably loads more RP ops that are easy to do.

1 hour ago, MrDisciple said:

• Catch Up / DAILY brief done in your individual precincts before/during every shift. (Maybe 4 times a day so everyone has a chance to join one).
  • PR events such as frequent visits to city hot spots to offer out information to public.
  • Car wash that cops bring their cars too. (Many officers take pride in appearance and are attached to their designated cruiser!)
  • Way more interrogations with multiple suspects. Line ups and witness testimonies.
  • Court system should be used continuously everyday with the amount of charge's criminals disagree with. Police should continuously be going there to give statements.
  • Make the IA more in game then out. Statements could be in person rather than E Mail.
  • Parole type systems for EVERY criminal who leaves DOC that was arrested for extreme crimes. Example, they check in with low ranking PD / SD officers and also get advice counseling.

Almost everything in this list already happens or is available already to us. It's personal choice if you want to RP using the gym, cleaning your car etc. but most people are not going to do that because there is no enjoyment in it if you're RPing with yourself. 

It's like saying crims need to do more internal RP like spray painting walls, sorting their ammo/gun stock piles, rolling joints, counting cash, tattooing each other etc. I'm sure they do it occasionally but nobody is going to do that regularly because they would much rather be doing actual crimes. 

Cops too would rather be patrolling around than RPing lifting weights by themselves.

The cop experience is very much tied to the criminal experience, which is why I've banged my drum so often about improving the criminal side of things. I think in some respects @Jett_J is right. this is a server that favours action over the role-play more times than not. It has always been that way and I dare so fundamentally, it'll always be that way.

That's not to say that people cannot go in-depth with their roleplay and flesh things out in greater detail, of course they can but someone has to break the law before you can arrest them. Someone has to commit a traffic violation before they can be pulled over. Someone has to run before they can be chased.

I think with respect to what MrDisciple suggested, those sound like lovely ideas but given what sort of players we have and how many of them we have, these ideas are for a different server.

For some reason we keep fighting to go back to the basics and what made the server a success in the first place, I really don't understand it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrDisciple said:

@Jett_J Your missing my point to focus on the negative, dismiss anything good. All for the purpose of an argument to try do a cops vs crims. Its not that so leave it g

The gym was just one of several ideas, if you don't like RP try GTAV Online.

No need for the casual toxic remarks. Telling me to leave the server and saying I'm not interested in RP because I don't agree with your ideas...

• chill 1

18 hours ago, Jett_J said:

The issue is not enough crime happens in public which is probably caused by heavy IC consequences for doing crimes.

I didn't even know everything in your post went on behind the scenes in law enforcement... That's kinda awesome. However, I wanted to agree and expand on this comment as well. It's not just IC consequences people are concerned about. It's also OOC consequences: if you don't do something at, what someone else considers, the right time and place.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 6:11 PM, MrDisciple said:

@Jett_J I completely agree with your points. Although, you can't state you do "Tons of internal rp" then later say "most nights [you] drive around - for a few hours". My point your disagreeing to is to implement more internal RP. Which means you don't need to drive around for a few hours doing nothing. I was a cop, I know there isn't enough internal RP to prevent the issues raised in this thread.

I think there are two solutions for this suggestion. Relax player theft rules as per THIS old thread I made, this would allow more street crime therefore more 911 calls and activity on the streets. OR create more cop internal RP. Obviously this internal RP is suggested for when there is nothing going on.

FYI, this list is what I came up with in like 15 minuets. There's probably loads more RP ops that are easy to do.

1. Catch up daily - Both departments hold 10-1s (role call meetings) to discuss issues and concerns, these happen 2-3 times per day.
2. PR events - Why would I subject my members to harassments and trolling attitudes? I have no concern with giving information to people if they going to be civil, but 9 out of 10 times, I am gonna get the F 12 mentality, which i dare you to walk into a police press conference and say that RL. Than when I act we get threatened with "forum reports". I wont force members of the department to be forced to subject themselves to this.

3. LSPD was doing these weekly press release events and they were open to the public, than restricted to weazle, than it was stopped due to the fact no one showed up. (we removed the public due to the trolling attitude, and the F-12 mentality that showed up every time we let civilians in. The same issue that JB is dealing with in court hearings.)
4. This isn't gonna happen, I am not forcing members to participate in Group Therapy session, this has always been optional and hosted my MD if people want it they can get it there, not going to force people into that rp.
5. In house laundry, officers don't take their uniforms to the cleaners, this is done by cleaning staff.
6. I don't see how this would generate any RP for the cop, or players.
7. I don't see how this will generate RP, it puts a person away from players rather involved in them.
8. Interrogations happen frequently, if you haven't participated in them, perhaps the crimes your comitting don't need investigated, as they are cut and dry. I can say that I do them fairly often, but they tend to be very 5 minute rp... person lawyers up and refuses to answer questions, so we use the evidence and charge them accordingly.
9. Not going to force cops to do this type of rp, we file arrest reports and incident reports for every arrest that is done, this is sufficient. 
10. IA would love to meet with people in game, but it is difficult due to timing, and 9/10 times no additional information is needed from the complainant. I personally have 15 un-read emails pertaining to IA cases that civilians have filed, if i cant get hold of them in e-mail to ask questions, how am i going to get hold of them with email to schedule a meeting?
11. There is a parole system inplace within the LSSD, I can assure you that 95% of players will not enjoy being forced to check in with a cop every couple of hours.

We do have plenty of internal RP, Perhaps you didn't participate in it as often as some do. I do recall your time with us, and you were more of a field cop than a paper work officer. There are frequent meetings for officers/supervisors/command/staff. 
Folks meet up for coffee, breaks, chats, they do paperwork in the bullpen of mission row. I have even made people clean the brickades in public as punishment for returning with a smashed up cruiser. There is tons of rp, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening, I personally enjoy the internal RP more than a shoot out any day. Whilst a shoot out is fun when it starts, we have to clean it up and take the bodies away where as other play styles can leave them and continue their day.

At the end of the day, the LSPD and LSSD have plenty of internal RP to the point some folks log 10-15hrs a week without leaving the stations. Just because the RP is not in the public view doesn't mean its not happening.

I appreciate ideas, but our intention is to have officers playing the game and in the field where they get the opportunity to RP with other players and to create relationships with not only other LEOs but players from other walks of life also.

Edited by Jbacon
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jbacon said:

1. Catch up daily - Both departments hold 10-1s (role call meetings) to discuss issues and concerns, these happen 2-3 times per day.
2. PR events - Why would I subject my members to harassments and trolling attitudes? I have no concern with giving information to people if they going to be civil, but 9 out of 10 times, I am gonna get the F 12 mentality, which i dare you to walk into a police press conference and say that RL. Than when I act we get threatened with "forum reports". I wont force members of the department to be forced to subject themselves to this.

3. LSPD was doing these weekly press release events and they were open to the public, than restricted to weazle, than it was stopped due to the fact no one showed up. (we removed the public due to the trolling attitude, and the F-12 mentality that showed up every time we let civilians in. The same issue that JB is dealing with in court hearings.)
4. This isn't gonna happen, I am not forcing members to participate in Group Therapy session, this has always been optional and hosted my MD if people want it they can get it there, not going to force people into that rp.
5. In house laundry, officers don't take their uniforms to the cleaners, this is done by cleaning staff.
6. I don't see how this would generate any RP for the cop, or players.
7. I don't see how this will generate RP, it puts a person away from players rather involved in them.
8. Interrogations happen frequently, if you haven't participated in them, perhaps the crimes your comitting don't need investigated, as they are cut and dry. I can say that I do them fairly often, but they tend to be very 5 minute rp... person lawyers up and refuses to answer questions, so we use the evidence and charge them accordingly.
9. Not going to force cops to do this type of rp, we file arrest reports and incident reports for every arrest that is done, this is sufficient. 
10. IA would love to meet with people in game, but it is difficult due to timing, and 9/10 times no additional information is needed from the complainant. I personally have 15 un-read emails pertaining to IA cases that civilians have filed, if i cant get hold of them in e-mail to ask questions, how am i going to get hold of them with email to schedule a meeting?
11. There is a parole system inplace within the LSSD, I can assure you that 95% of players will not enjoy being forced to check in with a cop every couple of hours.

We do have plenty of internal RP, Perhaps you didn't participate in it as often as some do. I do recall your time with us, and you were more of a field cop than a paper work officer. There are frequent meetings for officers/supervisors/command/staff. 
Folks meet up for coffee, breaks, chats, they do paperwork in the bullpen of mission row. I have even made people clean the brickades in public as punishment for returning with a smashed up cruiser. There is tons of rp, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening, I personally enjoy the internal RP more than a shoot out any day. Whilst a shoot out is fun when it starts, we have to clean it up and take the bodies away where as other play styles can leave them and continue their day.

At the end of the day, the LSPD and LSSD have plenty of internal RP to the point some folks log 10-15hrs a week without leaving the stations. Just because the RP is not in the public view doesn't mean its not happening.

I appreciate ideas, but our intention is to have officers playing the game and in the field where they get the opportunity to RP with other players and to create relationships with not only other LEOs but players from other walks of life also.

Basically they were just my suggestions to occupy PD/SD time as a solution to many PD turning up to traffic stops because there's nothing else to do. Thanks for your reply, you make alot of sense. Although, I put a lot of hours into PD, I hardly did or had even heard of some of what I suggested. I think there's a clique with high command where they have a lot of internal RP but lower ranks don't. Also, it's not about forcing the RP like you said. It's about facilitating it, recommending it and pushing for it to happen more. For example, set up a therapy circle every week and recommend it all the officers. I never was given that opertunity and neither were all my other mates in the lower ranks.

Lastly, I've been playing for years and never known their to be regular PR events / community talks. Maybe try bringing it back? and heavily enforce the law. Give them disturbing the peice (whatever its called) and triple the time. If gangs turn up to cause trouble, give them all unlawful assembly and search and impound the cars they came in. Players will soon learn. This past year or so Eclipse has been pushing for Civ RP so maybe it'll work better now.

But yeah, hope your not offended or anything. I'm just giving a few ideas some might not work, some hopefully will.

• Confused 1