Glaikit

Faction chat for unofficial gangs

Could unofficial gangs get fchat or a substitute for fchat, like some sort of grouping system that wont be displayed on the F4 menu?

There are a good couple of criminal gangs now with 25-35 members and if you've spent any time on their frequencies then you'd know that certain amounts of mixing is completely unavoidable, as they need to inform their members to "save bodycam" or "don't do that" and when asked why? You simply have to go silent because you can't say it. It's very inconvenient and if an Fchat (or a substitute) could be implemented for unofficial gangs it would make the RP over frequency so much more immersive.

• Like 2
  • YAY 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 10
  • chill 1

+1

I feel like faction chat is extremely useful for the ability to communicate with your entire faction OOCly no matter where they are on the map and also cut the amount of /b usage. Whether its to inform members of rules, paused RP, etc. It seems like something extremely useful for every faction to have and could better not just a factions RP but the entirety of RP on the server.

That being said I do not think that every unofficial faction should have access to fchat as it can easily be abused for MG purposes and such. But I think factions who have guides and get approval from their Faction Services team could and should earn the ability to have faction chat as its undeniably very very useful to have and can improve the quality of your faction tremendously.

• Like 5

+1 

It would really help reduce the mixing on radio frequencies and just overall improve the quality of life of being a unofficial gang.

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

That being said I do not think that every unofficial faction should have access to fchat as it can easily be abused for MG purposes and such. But I think factions who have guides and get approval from their Faction Services team could and should earn the ability to have faction chat as its undeniably very very useful to have and can improve the quality of your faction tremendously.

I also strongly agree with this statement as it would enable opportunities for less known unofficial to MG.

• Like 1

There is never a point in time where mixing is unavoidable. You shouldn't be saying "save bodycam" or "don't do that" when referring to anything OOC. The only real "accepted" mixing is code 0 and cough drop. Anything else should be done using /b or /pm depending on the context of the situation.

Please utilize the already available resources. If you do not know the IDs of your allies, you can PM using player names as such:
RsjklEpcJlTa.png

• Like 2

+1... but kind of.

I agree with what Chris said pretty heavily, it would help with immersion a lot and cutting out the ability to have to /pm so many people if you see a rulebreak broken or something. I'd really love to see factions get access to it through permission from their faction guides, that way it could avoid being abused. While it is one of the bigger perks of becoming official, it would be a great quality-of-life change for factions on the path to official and would give them a solid milestone to be proud of.

Currently our faction path is:
Start faction, make forum posts, get guides, get advice on how to get official and what should be worked on, then official. Putting more milestones/rewards into that mix wouldn't hurt imo. ❤️

• Like 3

Feel like F chat is a sort of achievement for when you get official, in my opinion unofficial gangs have to demonstrate their abilities of handling OOC issues via the methods all and each player has access to before getting the "Official status" and access to private chats like FactionC. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Members of 'factions' should already know the rules well enough to not be told "dont do that" if you need to say that to people in your group maybe question who you are letting in, also if there is a situation where you need to save pov i would assume all the people that need to be notified are at least in the current area with you.

Faction chat is basically a glorified way of ooc communication and is seen as more of a perk for being official.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • hand 1

2 hours ago, jason said:

You PM 10+ people or ping them in your faction discord.

There is not always time for these things and you know this, often times because of RP still ongoing you are literally unable to ping 10 plus people at once to let them know they need POV or anything else. This isnt something that should be limited to official factions, but it shouldnt be given to every group that pops up either. An F chat for proven factions should be added IMO. Due to being in a faction that isnt official I will be literally unable to inform anyone of anything in my gang if im in an active RP situation. And by the time I get a chance to ask people for POVs, it will be far too late. So BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG +1

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, eco376 said:

There is not always time for these things and you know this, often times because of RP still ongoing you are literally unable to ping 10 plus people at once to let them know they need POV or anything else. This isnt something that should be limited to official factions, but it shouldnt be given to every group that pops up either. An F chat for proven factions should be added IMO. Due to being in a faction that isnt official I will be literally unable to inform anyone of anything in my gang if im in an active RP situation. And by the time I get a chance to ask people for POVs, it will be far too late. So BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG +1

That's... that's what it is currently. F chat for proven factions. Proven factions are official factions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gyromite said:

Too much room for abuse, why can't you just use discord pings? To be fair faction chat is mostly meme's anyway for most of the factions I've been in. 

If they got rid of fchat altogether I wouldn't miss it.

how is there too much room for abuse? seems like theres more room for abuse over discord PMs in my opinion. and sure f chat is mainly memes but its also very nice when needed

• Like 1
  • NAY 1

+1 

It just makes sense as you've mentioned reduces unintentional mixing and just a QOL upgrade. The only real problem with this could be metagaming with new players but im sure there could be rules implemented to counter this and make it known what it shouldn't be used for.

• NAY 1