Nubbsauce

[Government Factions] Pay

Hello,

I'm here to make a complaint and suggestion to increase Government Faction Pays. 

We get payed way too little for what we do for this city. Police protect, MD mend the wounds, Weazel spreads the news, Mechs literally make the driving scene worth it, and Taxis help new players get around the city and give them advise on what jobs to do. 

I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to the pay factor and the sheer annoyance that a Bus Driver with no Training or Experience can make 8-11k an hour just speeding and completing routes. When you can make more money doing regular jobs than a Government faction member....whats the point of even joining a gov faction. 

The government employees literally make the city live. Sure the crims out there make it fun, but without us in the Government, no one would have upgraded cars, heath care when injured, a ride when theirs breaks down or stranded, assistance when getting shot at, advertisements when they have no means, etc. 

Sure 7-8k might seem good, but when crims are making 90k in a day from chopping cars and driving buses and gov employees aren't, even when we have a REQUIREMENT to RP and Follow Rules and are held to a higher standard, is ridiculous .

My suggestion: Increase the pay of ALL Government factions. Not only will it make it worth playing one, but also balance the scales of the Crim/Gov scale as they would see it as a better lifestyle choice than just robbing people all day. 7-8k an hour just isn't enough, especially when you guys keep increasing the cost of living by a lot...

Thanks,

350?cb=20150425195536&key=4ff5c117b9a737

Regards,

Varro Dalison

HR Representative

• Like 1

There are multiple millionaires who work for the government, the quality of cars in all government car parks far exceed what you see criminals driving around with.

The system in place currently provides a similar opportunity in both sides of the spectrum. It's meant to be a grind for everybody. If everyone was minted in the city and drives around in supercars, there's no economic structure, and nothing to keep people busy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Pretty sure the maximum salary was just increased for $8,500 to $10,000. Also keep in mind the owner of each faction makes an extra $1,000 ontop of their salary, so an owner can be making 11k/hour. I think the pays are fine right now, if anything I'd support a decrease in pays overall. 

• Upvote 3

Max pay was 9k, for OWNERS. Now its 10k for owners. But like i said, you need to be licensed, pass training, RP, actually uphold server standards and help others learn. While Jonny over there can get his license and speed in a bus and make more than someone who busted their ass for several months to get where they are in their faction...

THAT is not fine....

Edited by Nubbsauce

30 minutes ago, JaydenBaked said:

Part of me wants to plus one this suggestion and part of me is against this suggestion.

Let's start with the positive on why I like this suggestion. For one it does make it more appealing to join a government faction and make more money than you usually would make in the government faction. To me that's a huge plus.

However, my downside with this is criminals only make the money they make because they take a huge risk in the tasks they perform. And bus drivers making 8-11k/hr may be true, but that's also a dead end with no promotional factors and the job sucks to be in. Truckers and bus drivers deserve the money they make. As for factions most of the people in government factions farm hours and then take that money and put it on their alts. Which to me is bullshit because they work by standing there most of the time and get 8-9k/hr which is a lot of money, on top of that these government employees have ways to make legal cash like tips from driving, ems by healing wounds, police by getting tipped from a citizen for helping them, etc. As it stands now I feel like factions make a lot of money legally with hardly much risk. While criminals risk prison time and even their life doing crimes to make the money they make.

So long story short I think this idea is great, however, it just makes it so these factions are making more and more money than everyone else and transferring it to their alts. That then run criminal factions or in criminal organizations. And I don't think that's necessarily the answer. But, my conclusion is the more they raise income , the more prices raise to buy things as well, more people make, more people charge for items, all we would be doing is causing inflammation. 

Higher wages, isn't always more pay.

Then make it against the rules to transfer money from a GOV Char to a Crim char.... considering that is breaking the RP anyways... since it requires 2 people to do and OCCly organised

22 minutes ago, TommyV said:

There are multiple millionaires who work for the government, the quality of cars in all government car parks far exceed what you see criminals driving around with.

The system in place currently provides a similar opportunity in both sides of the spectrum. It's meant to be a grind for everybody. If everyone was minted in the city and drives around in supercars, there's no economic structure, and nothing to keep people busy.

You must be looking at very different criminal groups. The cars you're seeing in government car parks are from people who've been around for a very long time. There's all kinds of criminals driving high end sports cars and super cars, used to be even more of them. If you're seeing criminals driving shit cars they're either fairly new to the server or trying to uphold a certain kind of RP.

6 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

Max pay was 9k, for OWNERS. Now its 10k for owners. But like i said, you need to be licensed, pass training, RP, actually uphold server standards and help others learn. While Jonny over there can get his license and speed in a bus and make more than someone who busted their ass for several months to get where they are in their faction...

THAT is not fine....

No, max pay was $9,500 for owners, it's now $11,000. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JaydenBaked said:

Not necessarily tho cause you can know someone at LSC for instance and ask them a series of well plotted non meta game questions to figure if they know your alt. Then ask them if they can do a favor and transfer him some money. There are ways to do this legitimately without using OOC communications. Plus the government factions are already all filthy rich millionaires. 

Yeah but YOU OOCLY know your other char... I dont think they should have any knowledge of eachother

I agree that government faction employees should be making more than bus drivers, but I don't think that there needs to be a pay increase for them, bus drivers just need to have their pay fixed as it's currently broken. If criminals are doing things that require a lot of risks to be taken, whether the risk of ending up in jail, or being robbed/killed and losing all of your product, then they should be compensated well for that and paid accordingly. I do think that MD could use a pay raise in order to make it more appealing and attract more people, which would help the current problem of not having enough members in MD to deal with the server population.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JaydenBaked said:

I understand that and that's why it's a fuzzy situation. But, I don't feel like that's even the issue. I feel the issue is the government factions make so much already it's gross to see everyone in a super car, that's unrealistic. It's already showing inflammation with the current pay system, if anything I think governments money should be decreased.

Those people were here for a LONG time....before the prices on everything increased, before supercars were banned to import. And remember, you used to be able to donate for a supercar... so this is irrelevant. Those people have 1000s of hours on the server and deserve it.

I'm talking about the people who are new and are in gov factions and working their asses off to get beat in pay by a regular Job Joe who robs people on the side...

Cause I cant rob people on duty, hell, I can't even speed without the risk of OOC removal... Might as well resign and be a bus driver so i get payed more rofl. That's currently the mind set that is in place. There are people talking about striking in all factions... soo I mean, there is obv an issue. Look at MD... hardly ANYONE ever on... to the point that PD are now the medics... 

Low risk? I get robbed at least 2 times a day, and that's with me avoiding sketchy calls... My drivers get robbed so much its not even funny lol. Also, why would joe want to join a gov faction anyways if hes already getting payed more for driving a bus? And to be blunt...there is nothing high risk about being a crim... you shoot first, ask questions later. If you die, you die, no loss. IN FACT, you always want cops to kill you... so its like 80% of the crims try to get killed if they get caught to avoid jail time. You hardly see crims obey the correct RP anyways. And I'm not talking about the people who have Turfs and have the ability to make shit loads...that makes sense...its the dude who just joined the sever and makes more than people who have been there for a year...

+1

I think the other option is by holding the buses at each stop for 15 seconds. That way it’s going to be more like 6/7k per hour. But for bus drivers and farmers to earn almost as much as faction owners is crazy.

Criminals should be able to earn more as there is more risk involved, but I think either government jobs need increasing or non-government jobs need reducing

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.