Osborn

Enable /togglemask for on-duty faction members. - And remove faction colors, WHITE NAMES for everyone!

+1

I like the white nametag thingy idea. A while ago there was someone at Bayview getting arrested by an undercover cop. The cop had the regular white nametag when he was arresting, so the person that was getting arrested said he wasn't able to see he was a cop, it was bugged and should not get arrested because of that.
I can also remember that there was a quiz question where you have to answer that nametags are OOC and should not be used as IC information.
And I also have to say it really influences MY RP, so I mainly would like to see just regular nametags for everyone.

Just give the toggle mask to anyone and everyone. How you react IC to someone in a mask in a situation where you think it's strange to wear one is down to each individual. 

If company's want to make it a rule that their cabbies, mechanics, news reporters or whatever can't wear them on duty (although that would be common sense anyway), then they can set that rule.

Didn't read all this thread but as someone else said there shouldn't be some mystical power that stops you putting one on.

As for PD. I would also agree that only SWAT and Detectives should be allowed to put them on duty as an IC rule. If a detective decides to wear a mask it's up to other people to be suspicious of them if they want to be. Who wouldn't be suspicious and play things safe around someone in a mask that they didn't know. It's all about playing your criminal smart and playing your cards close to your chest.

People wearing masks has become too much the norm around the city. A mechanic refused to work on my car when I was on my alt and in a mask which I thought was good RP from him. If you are in a mask people should look at you with suspicion and question you about it if you try to interact with them wearing one, Cops would also be a lot more likely to question you in regards to it.

Edited by MReefer

Well... +1 with some minor changes, masks for swat ye, for detectives.. well it's already being said if they give themselves up.. regarding regural medics police officers etc no way, they have their face and they're not walking around with the masks...(well the masks are pretty much double edges here, on one hand its legit for swat or robbers in certain situations however if everyone is stranger you don't know the person anyway unless you meet him anyway so..) removing faction color.. well excluding regural police officers etc yes not a bad idea but wouldn't it be more logical to just have /badge command like we had on ngg?

Regarding some other stuff.. yes server is(or at least is supposted to be) a heavy roleplay server, however there's shitload of stuff that need to be fixed for that to happen(current robberies system, ways of getting guns, more rp in general, add judical system goverment, add more jobs/options, add more stuff for criminals to do etc etc) 

I mean heck most of you guys did play on ngg you know what I'm talking about

On 7/15/2018 at 3:45 PM, Phil McGee said:

I'll remember this the next time I see an officer base jump solo from a helicopter onto 3 armed suspect s. 

I never said it was a bad idea , all I said was if you want true reality then leave the arsenal in your back pocket at home and the military grade body armour for an "undercover" detective off. 

And getting +1s from PD members only isn't the entire servers opinion.

Here ya go ---> +1 from a criminal and medic

On 7/25/2018 at 3:15 PM, Yputi said:

+1

I like the white nametag thingy idea. A while ago there was someone at Bayview getting arrested by an undercover cop. The cop had the regular white nametag when he was arresting, so the person that was getting arrested said he wasn't able to see he was a cop, it was bugged and should not get arrested because of that.
I can also remember that there was a quiz question where you have to answer that nametags are OOC and should not be used as IC information.
And I also have to say it really influences MY RP, so I mainly would like to see just regular nametags for everyone.

Big ol ' +1. As a mechanic at LSC, colored nametags really do sub-consciously interfere with my roleplay. I agree with this guy on a whole other level.

+1 but only to detectives and swats. Because otherwise it far from reality and since it is rp server we need to keep close to reality.

Second thing I would like to point out, someone mention it already, about detectives have full pd op item selection while working undercover. My father was detective and he did retire not long ago. I notice this suggestion ask him about undercover work he did. The point is to be not spotted, recognised. With new guns update, where you can see guns it will make people see what guns undercover detective has. So we avoid op pd guns on him, in car its ok. Know about kevlar if you working to sort case out being undercover, officer cant wear kevlar. It is general rule of undercover detective to not drag attention, because if criminal will notice it and operation will go down. 

In general I like your suggestion, but only if it touch pd, plus with some more realistic adjustments.