DaMasterSplinter

Vol Adjustments (needed)

Hello, I would like to start by thanking the Dev team for their work.

We all noticed the recent update that was made regarding the decimals getting stacked.

We all know now that it is pretty much very hard to make Drugs which are needed for money/power. As this update was pushed I won't be asking to make it back as it used be, but will suggest to update the Vol of the items to make it more realistic as it would be a really nice update for Crim/LEO/Legal

To start:

The Marihuana plant vol should be made to 0.1 ( As the .50 is 5 vol I don't think 10 Marihuana plants would weight as much as a .50)

The Ingredients that you buy from Humane should be made to 0.1 or 0.2 ( the same thing I do not believe that a little amount of substances should be 0.5)

The Stuff that you buy from the store should be adjusted to a realistic  vol (chargers to 0.2 ect..)

The Ingredients that are imported though shipments should be made to 0.2 ( When you get a shipment of lysergic it comes in like 10 crates and it is really ass if you gonna pick it up with the new decimals.... You need more people than when you pick a shipment of weapons)

The Crates should be lowered to 30  ( An empty crate should not be as heavy as a Drill, and it should not be like a bag because it might get abused)

The packed money from the stores should be 2.5 as it has less money than the bank one ( I believe if the packed money from the bank is gonna be 5 the store one should be 2.5 as it has less cash in it)

That's all I can get on my Mind right now but will edit if I get anything else.

If anyone has more suggestion feel free to mention it with a reply thanks.

Thanks to @Bala for starting it by making the things stackable.

Edited by DaMasterSplinter
I was high, fixed it
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 3

Just to clear this up, I do not believe that factoring decimals into the inventory's weight system is what was suggested by a member of the Police Department faction, and that his intentions and ideas are being misconstrued in the opening line of this topic.

The suggestion that was being made is that items such as marijuana are made stackable as an item, which would allow you to carry 15x marijuana (or other ingredients) in one inventory slot/square as opposed to filling your entire inventory with a bunch of leaves. This would be similar to how bobby pins or food/beverage items work right now, and that is all, he did not suggest any changes to the volume or the stacking of volume. 

Rd44a86.png

Edited by Pazz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Amir Sultan @DaMasterSplinter

Making the decimals count was not my idea, but I also think it's actually a pretty good implementation by the dev team and I believe this was always intended to be the case given that volumes using decimals were introduced prior to this change.

That being said, as Pazz explained above, my suggestion in Discord was about inventory management of drug items. 

• There are 24 slots in what I believe is the bag inventory above.
  • The volume of the bag is 100 vol
  • The weight of a single piece of Marjiuana is 0.5 vol which is 0.5% of the bag's allocated volume.
  • However, the individual marijuana plant is 4% of the bag's allocated spots.
  • The bag itself has the allocated volume for 200 marijuana plants.
  • However, to carry 200 marijuana plants under the current system, you would fill 8.3 bags.
  • My proposal would allow you to fill 1 bag with the same amount.
  • If you split the 200 marijuana, it could stack up the following ways;
    2 stacks of 100 marijuana.
    4 stacks of 50 marijuana.
    8 stacks of 25 marjiuana
    15 stacks of 12 marijuana with some left over.

This was not a "PD buff" suggestion, it was a quality of life suggestion for anyone and everyone that uses the drugs systems.
It's not just about emptying a drug lab for PD but also about how criminals including yourself store drug materials themselves too.

As someone that has played both sides, I'm sure on reflection you'll see the merits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1
  • dead 1

12 hours ago, Kento said:

I would like this to be introduced or go back to the old system as I personally didn’t see a problem with but I would like to hear what others think 

The problem was that if you had something that weighed over 50 vol in the bag you could theoretically make the bag weigh nothing just by splitting it down enough times. Ie drugs could do it. Which is why it need to be changed 

On 8/14/2021 at 6:13 AM, Destuin said:

despite what the PD are saying, it is very much just a PD buff. +1, it would be better to just have the old system back so we can stack the crates again.

how? We cant stack crates either? It means it takes more of us to secure a drop and making it so you can fight it better?

16 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

how? We cant stack crates either? It means it takes more of us to secure a drop and making it so you can fight it better?

Hardly anyone is fighting PD for drops. It just means whilst we are collecting them, PD has more of a chance to roll up and find us. I wonder honestly, how many times you have been attacked stacking crates at a drop... as a PD officer.

• Upvote 2
  • dead 1