Wolfy_

Make the End of the Pier a NCZ

It's a public place where you'd expect a TONNE of foot traffic due to tourism. Also, a lot of muggers just stroll to the end of the pier and mug anyone who is fishing because they are defenceless - it doesn't make sense that you could rob someone in such a high traffic area. 

-1 to this.

The point of an NCZ is to remove the possibility of crime within an area which would make no sense to do so in real life.

The PIER is a perfect place to allow criminals to rob players.

This is a commonplace which you would see crime in real life.

- NoewUH

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NoewUH said:

-1 to this.

The point of an NCZ is to remove the possibility of crime within an area which would make no sense to do so in real life.

- NoewUH

Like an hourly robbery at broad daylight? Not giving a chance especially to new players to enjoy their stay in the server by working and earning? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoewUH said:

-1 to this.

- NoewUH

Agree with NoewUH here. If you want people to stop robbing you at the pier, call the police. Because when I personally go there to see if something illegal is happening there, I get screamed at and told to mind my own business and people always tell me ''Don't you have other stuff to worry about instead of patrolling the pier?''. Overall do not agree with making the pier an NCZ because as NoewUH said, it's a perfect place for criminals to rob people. Ever

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HighJack said:

Like an hourly robbery at broad daylight? Not giving a chance especially to new players to enjoy their stay in the server by working and earning? 

Yes.

If civilians are choosing not to spend their money on legal weapons and using the police provided assistance, robbing should be a factor to play.

Why do you think people avoid working low-income jobs in places like lower wealth Detroit and LA?

If you don't want to get robbed as easy, though making less money, work jobs like trucking, postal, and garbage.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has posted their opinions so far. :14_relaxed:

I think the biggest point of contention is whether the pier is somewhere people would conduct robberies in real life. Here's what I found:

According to LAPD crime maps, crime doesn't occur on the pier - rather in the areas surrounding it. [0]

The pier gets incredibly busy during peak times, (Saturday at 3pm). [1]

The pier has CCTV which you can watch online. [3]

Agree with @Dashingly the pier is the perfect place if you're pickpocketing people, but since you can't do that in game they have to do full on robberies. In broad daylight it's kinda iffy rp, but from what I've heard IRL at night when it's not crowded you want to stay the fuck away from the pier and any other touristy areas since that's where all the crack heads and homeless people go. 

8 hours ago, Ducky-Chan said:

Im generally against NCZ's as a whole, as they provide a baby-sitting zone for people to sit and pat themselves on the back in.

So you think that robbing people at the PD, stealing cars from the PD parking lot which has cameras on it is a smart idea? Or starting a shootout at the MD? Or robbing people INSIDE the bank?

On 5/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Ducky-Chan said:

I have no issue with the NCZ at PD, that one obviously makes sense.

But all the rest of them? MD, DMV, Bank etc.

I dont agree with those.

@nateX

Have you ever seen someone get robbed at the hospital? Or at the DMV? Or in a bank where security is? Never heard of that.

On 25/5/2018 at 11:32 PM, nateX said:

Have you ever seen someone get robbed at the hospital? Or at the DMV? Or in a bank where security is? Never heard of that.

I've personally seen a group of angry bikers storm a hospital to fuck up someone they despised, yes I have seen that.

And banks? Judging from the news broadcasts I've seen it does tend to happen, maybe not as often as roadside robberies but I'd justify it.

As for the DMV, that specific zone refers to the DMV Parking lot, which at the moment doesnt really protect players, just their cars.

Yes, I stand by what I said earlier.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.