Xoza

More Faction Membership

More Faction Membership

Back in the day, you could only be part of 1 Faction.

The factions were modified so you could be in 2 factions. As I understand, this was done as a test, to see how well it worked, as well as to expand players options to do other things and be part of other factions and it works pretty well now.

With the expansion of all types of factions, players, positions and jobs I would like to propose the following.

Expand the factions you can be part of to 5.

Since the faction membership is based on a 'number' it should be able to be expanded the same way where you can /f # for your factions. At minimum players should have the ability to be in at least 3 factions to have expanded RP options and opportunities to participate in.

• Like 2
  • YAY 3
  • Upvote 2

I suggested 5, because if you can do 3, it's just as possible to do 5. Still gives plenty of options for those rare individuals who could get involved in more than 3 and even could allow for transitions between group. 

Someone could easily be... while that's a lot, there are some instances where even temporarily, that could be the case.

• Law
  • Gov Funded Business (News,Mech,Taxi)
  • Business
  • Club
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Massive +1

From a personal standpoint I'm in a government job and a business that's based off commission but mainly there for RP. But because of that I lose an actual job slot. I think having 3 would be amazing and make many peoples overall RP progress into something more than they expected.

-1. I've seen too many examples of people struggling with activity and impartiality when they have the ability to be a part of two factions, adding more isn't going to make that any easier.

I feel like changes like this would serve the player, more than the character to be honest and while there might be some circumstances where a certain combination of factions makes sense for a player's character to have, allowing extended faction slots for more people would not be a good idea.

I was at one point, in both the LSPD and DCC, even as a Police Lieutenant. It made no sense for me to do that and was an example of putting me the player over me the character. 

I'm not sold on people working two government jobs either to be honest. A popular combination for some people in PD is PD & MD. Both of those factions are full-time jobs, so where would your character have the time and energy to go be a paramedic by day, then a police officer by night?

Personally, I think in general, players of this server need to flesh out their characters more fully in one faction, let alone giving them slots to go join this, that and the other thing.

13 hours ago, Bala said:

-1. I've seen too many examples of people struggling with activity and impartiality when they have the ability to be a part of two factions, adding more isn't going to make that any easier.

I feel like changes like this would serve the player, more than the character to be honest and while there might be some circumstances where a certain combination of factions makes sense for a player's character to have, allowing extended faction slots for more people would not be a good idea.

I was at one point, in both the LSPD and DCC, even as a Police Lieutenant. It made no sense for me to do that and was an example of putting me the player over me the character. 

I'm not sold on people working two government jobs either to be honest. A popular combination for some people in PD is PD & MD. Both of those factions are full-time jobs, so where would your character have the time and energy to go be a paramedic by day, then a police officer by night?

Personally, I think in general, players of this server need to flesh out their characters more fully in one faction, let alone giving them slots to go join this, that and the other thing.

It's not really about activity. There are plenty of factions that now don't have direct activity requirements and/or don't have requirements tied directly to the faction all the time.

Below is simply an example of what I've needed to or would have liked the ability at one point.

• LSPD
  • LSC
  • Shadow Corp
  • LSMC
  • Burnout

NonGov factions are still bound by member limit rules, and that should be the only 'population cap' which would naturally push leaders of factions to monitor their members activities directly.

13 hours ago, Bala said:

As I said before, I don't think that limiting the number by script is a good way to do it.
I believe that the problems that might come with people being in more factions than they can handle can be solved ICly inside each of those factions.

I'm not aware of all the official factions on the server, but I believe there are plenty of factions for which activity isn't a membership criteria.

13 hours ago, Bala said:

I feel like changes like this would serve the player, more than the character to be honest

I agree with you that some people will join more factions without thinking about how this affects their character. But I don't think that this should be a reason to stop the others from having this opportunity.