Andor

What i think is wrong with the server ( non technical )

Hey, most of you know me by now, been here for a year ( fuck me a year already ). And I seen this server go through a few phases during that time, some good, most bad. 
In this post I would like to write down my issues with the server and why I think its getting worse over time.

1. Removal of RP. Yes I think over the time I played on this server the quality of RP has gone downhill. It has been limited by admins and owner focus, with the choices they made. Im not here to say oh the admin team is not doing its job or the owner/s are terrible people. No its just they are not focusing their energy in the right fields in my opinion. 
The lack of rp is kind of sad, i remember the days before the big criminal update, the hype we had. The times were we were overlooking all the porblems the server had . Its grindy nature, its lack of content and so on. Then the update dropped and it was lack luster and dissapointed the community. Since then we havnt had a update like that. A content update, I know we had stuff added, but i always lacked the scope and hype the criminal update had. 
This left the gangs with not much to do besides gangwars, gang rp and gang activities. Yes many of them cop baited and did break the server rules. But mostly because there wasnt a lot to do. 
I played on many rp servers and the best way to combat this is zones, safe zones and unsafe zones like in real cities. In certain zones criminals are the law and you are going to have to listen to them or have issues. These zones would keep the criminals out of the normal players way and if the criminals misbehave the PD can raid these places and warehouses and take the cars and wealth of the criminals. 
This creates rp in a natural way unlike the system where we have the PD swing their dick around whereever they go. 
But instead we went the other route, smack down on people who shoot other people ( gang related most of the time ) and kick and ban them. This created a sour feeling within these gangs and made them care less about the server, then the issues increased because they felt they were unable to do anything ( true or not this was the general feel in these groups at the time ). 
Many of them left the server and the the server balance tipped more towards the lawfull side of the server. The PD has since that point had a iron grip on the server. 
In my opinion a shame, and I feel like the pd is doing more trafic stops then dealing with actual criminals these days ( this doesnt have to be true, but its the feeling I have ).

2. No clear direction for the server. As I said before the server before had a clear goal to work towards, the criminal update. After that update dropped it was getting to rage, but what does that mean. Getting on rage? Nothing, it means nothing besides switching one mod for a other. It means the server stagnated people grew bored and people left, new people joined which is fine but I have a issues with lots of new players on the server and their low RP standards. In my opinion the standard went down by a metric ton. What do people do in the server now? The majority do goverment faction jobs and grind money for a newer better house, a better car and so on. I think half a year ago i suggested doing a money overhaul, increase welfare so people could play as street criminals like the grove faction and actually have criminal rp without the tedious effort of grinding money as a trucker or something. This was shut down because people said well criminals would drive supercars. Well they already do so it woudnt change anything. 

3. The community. I like a lot of people in the community, I like some less, some I dislike. But the RP standard of the community is going downhill, people sit around doing nothing. Others activally look for people to shoot and start a fight for no reason https://clips.twitch.tv/SuaveAmericanMosquitoDxCat.  The guy got killed, got no reply on discord or on his report and left the server after two days of having fun.), and others just grind for money. There is a lack of people interacting with eachother, the server with 80 people online feels totally dead. How is that possible, when we had 30 people we had more server wide RP going on? Where are the people who plot and have longer stories in the server. I feel like we bleed the joy from the server this way, the quality RP is gone mostly ( yea there always will be good rp because we still have people who want good rp, but its a minority ). 

4. The admins. This might be a thing people dont agree with, but I feel like the admins are doing a half assed job. This is because they play their characters and have to do admin duty at the same time. This is a bad way to go about it. I played on multiple servers that had admins log in on dedicated admin characters for a X amount of hours a week ( the more hours the higher their admin rank ) and have them just do admin stuff only during that time.  This included discord/teamspeak/forum duty and ingame duty. For example two admins are online on their admin characters one of them does discord stuff the other does ingame stuff. This makes the responsiveness on reports a lot quicker, shows you which admins are the most active and improves overal admin quality. 
This also makes sure a issue like sane/krazed going into admin mode during a rp situation that he didnt agree with doesnt happen anymore. 

I would like to know what the comunity thinks about the points I wrote here and how they think they should be fixed. Because there needs to be stuff fixed in the server.

• Upvote 6

To an extent I do agree with you, There are large sections of people on the server who just do bad RP and a lot of it is due to lack of alternative, like the people who get bored and just want to get into cop chases.

The main thing I wanted to comment on here though, is point 3, and in particular the video you reference. What happened in that video is completely unacceptable, and all of the people involved in the incident have already been punished for it on an IC/OOC level by myself as the leader of their faction, after the video was shown to me, and the other leaders, by another member of the faction who was disgusted at this level of RP. We do indeed need criminals to not let them sink themselves to the standards displayed in that video, which is the reason why I issued them punishments for it, because aside from the fact its breaking server rules, its just piss poor RP and not how anyone, let alone someone new to the server, should be treated. I also got in contact with the guy responsible, apologizing for it, and doing what i could to make it up to him, and made it clear to every member of my faction that we expect a lot more from them and wont tolerate that level of RP. It should also be noted that the guy came back to the server after cooling off, and is now having a great time on the server and appreciated the members of the community who stepped up to try and rectify what was undoubtedly a disgraceful thing to happen to him.

Im not trying to defend or disagree with any of your points here, just wanted to clarify that there are people who are actively trying to prevent this kind of thing from happening and to try and elevate the level of RP displayed by criminals on the server. Though that is often made more difficult by frequent interactions with the sort of player who just wants to troll and grief people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To roleplay you have to possess alot of creativity. Not all people are creative or are new to roleplay.

There have to be more social sided scripts, like fishing, like poker. People competing against each other in a fun, non violent way, instead of people killing each other for petty reasons.

How about growing your own food, but instead being able to eat it, you would have to sell it to people. Like a whole food economy. You would need different kinds of food, to stay healthy, fit. Otherwise you get worse vision, become all wonky, walk/run slower, carry less stuff, etc. It would force people into non violent roleplay, but also somewhat realistic roleplay.

We would be dependent on each other, instead against each other.

It's the same for selling a car for example, you are dependent on other people to buy it, so your best bet is to start roleplaying with them to be successful in selling it.

Edited by Com783

You are talking about adding a lot of things that make playing this game more of a chore, having multiple slowly depleting bars isnt a fun mechanic. Also you miss the point of one of my points, there is social stuff to do, hang out and so on. There is not much besides that

And yes fishing and poker are fun IF there are people there and even with fishing the majority of the time its silence between the people there.

@Cooksley Poor? May i bring back the "Great" RP you provided when we made you jump of a bridge? And oh im sorry i used a GAME MECHANIC just like anyone else does INCLUDING PD. So before you come at me with POOR RP think about your RP. Also i play with /vv 65 cause its hard as hell to hear most people at times so nah didnt hear it as a whisper. You get upset when you arent the winning side, sorry i played by the rules. I let you live and you even get invited to dinner and then you insult one of us :Hmmmmm: Nice!

2 hours ago, juniornyc said:

@Cooksley Poor? May i bring back the "Great" RP you provided when we made you jump of a bridge? And oh im sorry i used a GAME MECHANIC just like anyone else does INCLUDING PD. So before you come at me with POOR RP think about your RP. Also i play with /vv 65 cause its hard as hell to hear most people at times so nah didnt hear it as a whisper. You get upset when you arent the winning side, sorry i played by the rules. I let you live and you even get invited to dinner and then you insult one of us :Hmmmmm: Nice!

You shouldn't have killed him. What I think, you should have done is to just knock him unconscious and carry on. A criminal doesn't kill everyone normally, just because they get insulted.

With killing someone, you deny any further roleplay as well, as the person wouldn't remember anything about you.

Edited by Com783
  • Like 1

Id agree with most of the points made by Andor, something as simple as having the Convenience Stores manned by real people when there is enough online would help if they werent kidnapped every ten seconds by people in super cars. Ive seen jobs such as bartenders , restaurants, etc recommended which would also be fun. But as Stephanie said some people are not creative enough to interact with people on any other level than run and gun. 

And id actually like to see the addition of actual chop shops like @Cooksley was trying to RP as it may deter people from driving super cars as their daily ramming drive if they can be taken and chopped up for money. 

Edited by Phil McGee

@juniornyc that scenario was also poor RP but I went with it. And I dont get upset when I lose for the fact my main character loses 85% of the time because I provide an RP standard that is 10 times better then what the actual server RP standard is that's all I have to say on this matter. Oh and after a year of playing on the server every day I see criminals that RP like this come and go because 1 they get banned or 2 they come to the realization that's it is poor RP and they change for the better or 3 they just quit because well killing every single person in your sight gets old and doesn't start any kind of RP build up.

Edited by Cooksley

Guys, finger pointing in who doesnt good RP isnt going to solve the issue of bad RP in the server. Everyone knows RP can only be as good as the weakest link in the situation.

If you think the rp was bad make sure the person who made it bad learns and improves, if you throw shit you get shit slung bad at you. Its a community and we have to help eachother so turn that frown upside down.

But please lets get back on topic. The server has issues and those arent caused by a single person, we as a group are causing them, lets look for solutions

We need things to do as criminal that would generate a revenue. Also balance the basic jobs so that not everyone does the exact same because it pays more.

RP can be improve but yeah, for it to be, we need to have a way that would encourage us to interact between eachother.

The RP level one will provide is a also driven by the level provided by the others.

When I'm on my main I always see other mechanics fixing cars and such right on the spot, without any tools or at least making a trip to the shop to show they had to get something to do the work. The other person won't complain too much because it saves them time and time is money.

Everyone wants the best cars and such and I won't hide that I've also been catched into this but this doesn't help the rp at all, being rammed by a guy in a 300k car is kinda upsetting.

It went to a point where criminals only wants supercars to get an advantage over the others and this creates a vicious circle where everyone wants one and have to grind money for it.

The lack of revenue on a criminal perspective has litteraly forced people to farm money on a govt job just to fund their alts, but hey, who would want to grind hours to actually be able to buy a gun, repair their cars, buy food, clothes and a house before getting into the criminal side of rp which is... what? robbing and shooting people, going against a gang that as already 10 times more ressources than you do? You rapidly get shut down and get down to shooting people for petty reasons and stealing cars just for the heck of it.

• Like 2

I agree with the lack of quality RP Andor, Myself and Dwayne have been on trying to RP differnt things over the past few days and we havent really come across some real good RP.

I must admit the admins when they are on are always helpful @Chirlon was great yesterday helping us RP out a truck that was underwater. I do agree more things need to be made available for criminals to do, at the moment nobody is developing on his own so we have to be patient with this. 

My thoughts on all this are, YES the server is growing and YES there is some bad RP going about BUT the bad RP will get better or they will get punished and not be able to play anymore.

Hopefully over the next weeks the level of RP from new players will get better. Ive been Role playing at different levels over the years and when i first came i was not so good at rp for a few weeks, Id like to think now i can Rp to a decent standard and also show examples to others and they will learn. Andor your RP has always been smooth from the first day i met you, if you Rp like that with new guys they will learn from you and get better.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi, ^-^ Yeah I'm that guy. 

I just wanted to apologize first for the way I reacted to a difficult situation. 

I should have RPed through the situation and reported later.

Also I did not fill out the report form correctly nor did I post here in the forums.

I got butt hurt, and I should not have. 

For this I am honestly sorry.

Even in the short time I have been playing I have fallen in love with the server and see a huge potential for epic fun!

The best things grow from shit though and the difficulties that I have had, have inspired me to think of a solution.

I am still brewing the idea but I intend for it to involve little to no coding or addition to the actual game and relying mostly on the community.

I really think that if this server is going to be and stay awesome it's going to be up to the community, because it was certain good members of this community that kept me here.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you on the streets.

(I don't mean I have an ultimate solution I mean I have suggestions and ideas. I don't want folks thinking that I think I can just walk in and fix things or anything.)

Edited by OniBadDog
A little explination
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Captain Tofu said:

It went to a point where criminals only wants supercars to get an advantage over the others and this creates a vicious circle where everyone wants one and have to grind money for it.

I think the main issue is that police cruisers are to OP in the server, you can only get away by driving a 500k car most of the time. 
In previous servers we had normal units driving cruisers that top at 180 and then high speed pursuit units that would drive their own supercars to deal with the problem. 
Maybe thats a idea

1 hour ago, OniBadDog said:

Hi, ^-^ Yeah I'm that guy. 

I just wanted to apologize first for the way I reacted to a difficult situation. 

I should have RPed through the situation and reported later.

Also I did not fill out the report form correctly nor did I post here in the forums.

I got butt hurt, and I should not have. 

For this I am honestly sorry.

Even in the short time I have been playing I have fallen in love with the server and see a huge potential for epic fun!

The best things grow from shit though and the difficulties that I have had, have inspired me to think of a solution.

I am still brewing the idea but I intend for it to involve little to no coding or addition to the actual game and relying mostly on the community.

I really think that if this server is going to be and stay awesome it's going to be up to the community, because it was certain good members of this community that kept me here.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you on the streets.

Let me be the first one to say thank you for giving us a other chance and welcome back. Secondly I hope that all ideas you have would be shared and opinions to improve our collective enjoyment of RP in the server

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 7:45 PM, Andor said:

Hey, most of you know me by now, been here for a year ( fuck me a year already ). And I seen this server go through a few phases during that time, some good, most bad. 
In this post I would like to write down my issues with the server and why I think its getting worse over time.

1. Removal of RP. Yes I think over the time I played on this server the quality of RP has gone downhill. It has been limited by admins and owner focus, with the choices they made. Im not here to say oh the admin team is not doing its job or the owner/s are terrible people. No its just they are not focusing their energy in the right fields in my opinion. 
The lack of rp is kind of sad, i remember the days before the big criminal update, the hype we had. The times were we were overlooking all the porblems the server had . Its grindy nature, its lack of content and so on. Then the update dropped and it was lack luster and dissapointed the community. Since then we havnt had a update like that. A content update, I know we had stuff added, but i always lacked the scope and hype the criminal update had. 
This left the gangs with not much to do besides gangwars, gang rp and gang activities. Yes many of them cop baited and did break the server rules. But mostly because there wasnt a lot to do. 
I played on many rp servers and the best way to combat this is zones, safe zones and unsafe zones like in real cities. In certain zones criminals are the law and you are going to have to listen to them or have issues. These zones would keep the criminals out of the normal players way and if the criminals misbehave the PD can raid these places and warehouses and take the cars and wealth of the criminals. 
This creates rp in a natural way unlike the system where we have the PD swing their dick around whereever they go. 
But instead we went the other route, smack down on people who shoot other people ( gang related most of the time ) and kick and ban them. This created a sour feeling within these gangs and made them care less about the server, then the issues increased because they felt they were unable to do anything ( true or not this was the general feel in these groups at the time ). 
Many of them left the server and the the server balance tipped more towards the lawfull side of the server. The PD has since that point had a iron grip on the server. 
In my opinion a shame, and I feel like the pd is doing more trafic stops then dealing with actual criminals these days ( this doesnt have to be true, but its the feeling I have ).

2. No clear direction for the server. As I said before the server before had a clear goal to work towards, the criminal update. After that update dropped it was getting to rage, but what does that mean. Getting on rage? Nothing, it means nothing besides switching one mod for a other. It means the server stagnated people grew bored and people left, new people joined which is fine but I have a issues with lots of new players on the server and their low RP standards. In my opinion the standard went down by a metric ton. What do people do in the server now? The majority do goverment faction jobs and grind money for a newer better house, a better car and so on. I think half a year ago i suggested doing a money overhaul, increase welfare so people could play as street criminals like the grove faction and actually have criminal rp without the tedious effort of grinding money as a trucker or something. This was shut down because people said well criminals would drive supercars. Well they already do so it woudnt change anything. 

3. The community. I like a lot of people in the community, I like some less, some I dislike. But the RP standard of the community is going downhill, people sit around doing nothing. Others activally look for people to shoot and start a fight for no reason https://clips.twitch.tv/SuaveAmericanMosquitoDxCat.  The guy got killed, got no reply on discord or on his report and left the server after two days of having fun.), and others just grind for money. There is a lack of people interacting with eachother, the server with 80 people online feels totally dead. How is that possible, when we had 30 people we had more server wide RP going on? Where are the people who plot and have longer stories in the server. I feel like we bleed the joy from the server this way, the quality RP is gone mostly ( yea there always will be good rp because we still have people who want good rp, but its a minority ). 

4. The admins. This might be a thing people dont agree with, but I feel like the admins are doing a half assed job. This is because they play their characters and have to do admin duty at the same time. This is a bad way to go about it. I played on multiple servers that had admins log in on dedicated admin characters for a X amount of hours a week ( the more hours the higher their admin rank ) and have them just do admin stuff only during that time.  This included discord/teamspeak/forum duty and ingame duty. For example two admins are online on their admin characters one of them does discord stuff the other does ingame stuff. This makes the responsiveness on reports a lot quicker, shows you which admins are the most active and improves overal admin quality. 
This also makes sure a issue like sane/krazed going into admin mode during a rp situation that he didnt agree with doesnt happen anymore. 

I would like to know what the comunity thinks about the points I wrote here and how they think they should be fixed. Because there needs to be stuff fixed in the server.

Remember when you said the server was dead a few months ago, and we just hit 100 players this weekend again? We're clearly growing & improving and its really sad to see your negativity spawning up in yet another rant post to the community rather than spending the time on productive RP ideas that you're so concerned there's a lack of.

1. Are you honestly joking? You think the RP now is worse than when we had 200 extra completely non-english speaking players who refused to answer any /me's or /do's because they couldn't even create an English sentence? Or after that in the Savage ages where they would knock down people repeatedly with cars keeping them ragdolled while shooting out of their driver seat? You must honestly just be upset over one situation because the level of RP on this server is at an all time high. Not sure who you're playing with tbh.

That's not to say it can't improve 10,000% and become even more immersive, but that takes time and community effort in the opposite manor as this post. We have come an insanely long way over our 1 year of the sever and its silly to me that as a veteran player who claims to have "seen all the phases" you don't see the drastic improvement we have made over the past year.

You seem to post and write as if we've stopped developing the server in some way. As if we didn't just transition to an entirely new platform and re-script the entire server for the community which will provide a platform for the best RP environment out there. How about a huge thank you rant for Nobody who literally spends hours and hours of his day coding your game experience to be the best it can be?

Gangs have PLENTY of opportunity man, I have been on my gang character RPing a bunch in the last couple weeks and plan to continue. We've thrown parties on yachts, in clubs, we place dice in the alley ways, we do drugs together and RP watching the NBA playoffs. Your RP is limited to your OWN imagination. Be the change you want to see in the community.

"Safe Zones" in the context of literal chunks of the map that are safe for an arbitrary OOC reason are completely metagamey, mix of ooc/ic, and breaks realism in my opinion. Also, we do have several safe zones... did you forget about those? No, they're not all RP hubs but there are some like the poker room, but if you want to do an event and have admin assistance to enforce a no crime zone for an event or period of time that's well within your reach as well.

Lol again with the "we kick and ban criminals because they shoot people" you are making me laugh for real man. Name literally ONE person who was kicked or banned of "just shooting people". Yeah, if you go around deathmatching you'll probably catch a DM punishment, but we hardly ban people because they are criminals. I shoot my guns quite regularly thank you very much as do many of the criminals. I just don't do it at innocent people, or people who called me "stupid" or people who drove their car into mine as they're backing out. If you're talking about the savage bans, they literally cyber attacked community members and 100% of the people who returned (about 75% of the people whom were banned, most of which within 1 week) all will back me up in saying that they understand completely why we did what we did after knowing the full truth so you can continue to sit there and play arm chair server administrator but our community is safe and running smoothly, thank you very much.

"This created a sour feeling with gangs" oh you speak for all gangs on the server? Cause I enjoy my RP quite a bit thanks. You led weasel news (albeit corruptly) and act like you've RP'd everything there is to RP in gangs. Have you RP'd a mexican gangster who drives lowriders? Have your RP'd an african american gang member in the ballas or thought about reviving Grove? Have you tried making a realistic Italian mobster faction? Have you tried literally any of those things or are you sitting on the same character(s) RPing no backstory waiting for others to create a world for you and posting how it makes you feel sour when the updates don't force RP for you?

2. What sort of direction are you looking for? We -are- still planning a second criminal update but again that takes time for development and patience within the community. Positivity and additional ideas for it would help more than this thread. Secondly, rage means nothing? That's literally so disrespectful to the time Nobody has spent re-scripting this entire server to provide a more stable, more synced, easier to load, easier to customize, server experience for you and everyone who plays with us. For someone who sits there and touts how long you've played on the server are you literally going to sit there and say Rage MP isn't 100x better than GT MP was?

It is YOUR choice if you feel your character needs 8k an hour rather than 1.5k granted to you. There is 0 challenge unless you are upset that you don't have a super car and an AK all of the time in the game, and in that case, yeah you're going to need a job not welfare to provide expensive illegal weaponry and super cars. Don't talk about super cars as if you don't drive one yourself either. Again, an economy update isn't out of the question, but again those things take time and planning and if we're doing it we're doing it right which means a lengthy planning stage, development stage, testing, and then release. You can't have everything you want over night if you're not willing to even attempt to create your own role play experience and an experience for others.

The server is headed in a most wonderful direction, and I couldn't be more hopeful of the opportunity Rage MP has opened up for us. Be part of the solution and the change rather than "being sour" and claiming everyone else is.

3. Yeah the community is great. I can go on the best RP server and find a video of someone deathmatching, does that mean the server is in a down fall because you found a video of someone else getting DM'd? Do you even know anything about the video? Did you know the players compensated the guy and helped him around the server the next day and apologized already? Do you know they've been punished by server staff & by their faction leaders? No, you're talking out of your behind from a place of 0 knowledge because you can't be positive about the server when you have a bad day.

4. A half assed job after you literally just posted in your first point that you liked the service an admin provided to you, lol? In what aspect would dedicated admins change how any of the player reports or handled? In what way is it a "bad way of going about it"? Is that just an opinion or do you have a reason for thinking that way? I invite you to please give me any specific instance where a situation was mishandled or how an admin could have done better and we'll see to it that situation is reviewed and a policy is put in place if there's something we've not come across yet. Bashing an entire admin team off theoretical "bad ways of doing things" is a bit much. You literally provide another alternative without saying a single con of our system or a benefit of your system other than admins get higher ranks based on dedicated admin hours as if we don't answer every single report we can possibly manage to answer already or something. Constructive critsism would be great, rather than pure baseless claims.

Response times would most certainly be slower if we had 1 admin alone handling all the reports and a 2nd admin not caring about them playing along. First of all, we DO have people who go on aduty 100% until all reports are resolved, and we DO have admins who are in the middle of RP and are allowed to continue their game play without answering reports. Making a divide of you can't RP at all when being an admin, and you can't be an admin when you RP, literally would just make less admins available to you. As it is right now, when a report comes in, we answer it, having 2 people able to answer it is much better than 1 dedicated person because guess what, we don't get just 1 report at a time OR we have answered all the reports and there is nothing to answer for 30+ minutes. We don't get paid, we do this to help the community, we dont work shifts where we are zombies waiting for the next report to come in but we do handle every single report that comes through to the best of our abilities in a timely manor. We handle them as a team and actively watch reports from OOC on discord which as a bot that relays in game reports.

"Half assed job" and your ideas were to improve response time, even though your idea would surely decrease response time. I think you're being a bit overly critical without any evidence or knowledge to back up your claims. Also, great job citing an admin who literally hasn't been with us for over 6 months as if there's a current issue with the staff team. You're a real killer with your anecdotal claims.

Don't know about the rest of the community, but that's what I think, after being here even longer than you and seeing 100% of what goes on behind the scenes of the server.

3 hours ago, Andor said:

I think the main issue is that police cruisers are to OP in the server, you can only get away by driving a 500k car most of the time. 
In previous servers we had normal units driving cruisers that top at 180 and then high speed pursuit units that would drive their own supercars to deal with the problem. 
Maybe thats a idea

Literally 75% of super cars outrun Police Cars. Please don't get it wrong, the police didn't start out with those vehicles, it is in direct response to the fact that 80% of criminals have a sports car or super car and do not value them as if they were expensive. Police Cars, if you want them stock, wouldn't stand a chance even against a van with a turbo charger, and everyone upgrades their vehicles to the max.

Now, when we fix the issue with super cars being over used in the coming future, we'll also be looking at toning the police cars to a lower level as well. Please don't act like PD caused everyone to buy super cars though, that's so backwards.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BallinByNature said:

Remember when you said the server was dead a few months ago, and we just hit 100 players this weekend again? We're clearly growing & improving and its really sad to see your negativity spawning up in yet another rant post to the community rather than spending the time on productive RP ideas that you're so concerned there's a lack of.

1. Are you honestly joking? You think the RP now is worse than when we had 200 extra completely non-english speaking players who refused to answer any /me's or /do's because they couldn't even create an English sentence? Or after that in the Savage ages where they would knock down people repeatedly with cars keeping them ragdolled while shooting out of their driver seat? You must honestly just be upset over one situation because the level of RP on this server is at an all time high. Not sure who you're playing with tbh.

That's not to say it can't improve 10,000% and become even more immersive, but that takes time and community effort in the opposite manor as this post. We have come an insanely long way over our 1 year of the sever and its silly to me that as a veteran player who claims to have "seen all the phases" you don't see the drastic improvement we have made over the past year.

You seem to post and write as if we've stopped developing the server in some way. As if we didn't just transition to an entirely new platform and re-script the entire server for the community which will provide a platform for the best RP environment out there. How about a huge thank you rant for Nobody who literally spends hours and hours of his day coding your game experience to be the best it can be?

Gangs have PLENTY of opportunity man, I have been on my gang character RPing a bunch in the last couple weeks and plan to continue. We've thrown parties on yachts, in clubs, we place dice in the alley ways, we do drugs together and RP watching the NBA playoffs. Your RP is limited to your OWN imagination. Be the change you want to see in the community.

"Safe Zones" in the context of literal chunks of the map that are safe for an arbitrary OOC reason are completely metagamey, mix of ooc/ic, and breaks realism in my opinion. Also, we do have several safe zones... did you forget about those? No, they're not all RP hubs but there are some like the poker room, but if you want to do an event and have admin assistance to enforce a no crime zone for an event or period of time that's well within your reach as well.

Lol again with the "we kick and ban criminals because they shoot people" you are making me laugh for real man. Name literally ONE person who was kicked or banned of "just shooting people". Yeah, if you go around deathmatching you'll probably catch a DM punishment, but we hardly ban people because they are criminals. I shoot my guns quite regularly thank you very much as do many of the criminals. I just don't do it at innocent people, or people who called me "stupid" or people who drove their car into mine as they're backing out. If you're talking about the savage bans, they literally cyber attacked community members and 100% of the people who returned (about 75% of the people whom were banned, most of which within 1 week) all will back me up in saying that they understand completely why we did what we did after knowing the full truth so you can continue to sit there and play arm chair server administrator but our community is safe and running smoothly, thank you very much.

"This created a sour feeling with gangs" oh you speak for all gangs on the server? Cause I enjoy my RP quite a bit thanks. You led weasel news (albeit corruptly) and act like you've RP'd everything there is to RP in gangs. Have you RP'd a mexican gangster who drives lowriders? Have your RP'd an african american gang member in the ballas or thought about reviving Grove? Have you tried making a realistic Italian mobster faction? Have you tried literally any of those things or are you sitting on the same character(s) RPing no backstory waiting for others to create a world for you and posting how it makes you feel sour when the updates don't force RP for you?

2. What sort of direction are you looking for? We -are- still planning a second criminal update but again that takes time for development and patience within the community. Positivity and additional ideas for it would help more than this thread. Secondly, rage means nothing? That's literally so disrespectful to the time Nobody has spent re-scripting this entire server to provide a more stable, more synced, easier to load, easier to customize, server experience for you and everyone who plays with us. For someone who sits there and touts how long you've played on the server are you literally going to sit there and say Rage MP isn't 100x better than GT MP was?

It is YOUR choice if you feel your character needs 8k an hour rather than 1.5k granted to you. There is 0 challenge unless you are upset that you don't have a super car and an AK all of the time in the game, and in that case, yeah you're going to need a job not welfare to provide expensive illegal weaponry and super cars. Don't talk about super cars as if you don't drive one yourself either. Again, an economy update isn't out of the question, but again those things take time and planning and if we're doing it we're doing it right which means a lengthy planning stage, development stage, testing, and then release. You can't have everything you want over night if you're not willing to even attempt to create your own role play experience and an experience for others.

The server is headed in a most wonderful direction, and I couldn't be more hopeful of the opportunity Rage MP has opened up for us. Be part of the solution and the change rather than "being sour" and claiming everyone else is.

3. Yeah the community is great. I can go on the best RP server and find a video of someone deathmatching, does that mean the server is in a down fall because you found a video of someone else getting DM'd? Do you even know anything about the video? Did you know the players compensated the guy and helped him around the server the next day and apologized already? Do you know they've been punished by server staff & by their faction leaders? No, you're talking out of your behind from a place of 0 knowledge because you can't be positive about the server when you have a bad day.

4. A half assed job after you literally just posted in your first point that you liked the service an admin provided to you, lol? In what aspect would dedicated admins change how any of the player reports or handled? In what way is it a "bad way of going about it"? Is that just an opinion or do you have a reason for thinking that way? I invite you to please give me any specific instance where a situation was mishandled or how an admin could have done better and we'll see to it that situation is reviewed and a policy is put in place if there's something we've not come across yet. Bashing an entire admin team off theoretical "bad ways of doing things" is a bit much. You literally provide another alternative without saying a single con of our system or a benefit of your system other than admins get higher ranks based on dedicated admin hours as if we don't answer every single report we can possibly manage to answer already or something. Constructive critsism would be great, rather than pure baseless claims.

Response times would most certainly be slower if we had 1 admin alone handling all the reports and a 2nd admin not caring about them playing along. First of all, we DO have people who go on aduty 100% until all reports are resolved, and we DO have admins who are in the middle of RP and are allowed to continue their game play without answering reports. Making a divide of you can't RP at all when being an admin, and you can't be an admin when you RP, literally would just make less admins available to you. As it is right now, when a report comes in, we answer it, having 2 people able to answer it is much better than 1 dedicated person because guess what, we don't get just 1 report at a time. We handle them as a team and actively watch reports from OOC on discord which as a bot that relays in game reports.

"Half assed job" and your ideas were to improve response time, even though your idea would surely decrease response time. I think you're being a bit overly critical without any evidence or knowledge to back up your claims. Also, great job citing an admin who literally hasn't been with us for over 6 months as if there's a current issue with the staff team. You're a real killer with your anecdotal claims.

Don't know about the rest of the community, but that's what I think, after being here even longer than you and seeing 100% of what goes on behind the scenes of the server.

Literally 75% of super cars outrun Police Cars. Please don't get it wrong, the police didn't start out with those vehicles, it is in direct response to the fact that 80% of criminals have a sports car or super car and do not value them as if they were expensive. Police Cars, if you want them stock, wouldn't stand a chance even against a van with a turbo charger, and everyone upgrades their vehicles to the max.

Now, when we fix the issue with super cars being over used in the coming future, we'll also be looking at toning the police cars to a lower level as well. Please don't act like PD caused everyone to buy super cars though, that's so backwards.

I will say mine was just an encounter with a sour bunch but RP is at an all time high better then back in the savage days. Yes we will get new RP'ers but take the time to help them understand RP and get them better at it. I will say there is a group that needs to work a little bit on their role-play but that not to say they don't know how to RP and never do good RP maybe I just got them on a bad day or something but it will improve over time as the server progresses like it has in the past. As things get implemented with new update Im sure we will see progress to the Heavier side of RP I would hope. Peace and love all didn't mean to stir up a commotion @juniornyc I posted it because the end of the RP was ridiculously not thought out in my opinion. I hope I didn't cause any friction between us and hope we can move passed this as well.