LegitxBuddy

Raise Pay Cap Of Government Jobs

Raise the pay cap on government jobs.

I think the pay-cap on government jobs should depend on the job it is instead of having all jobs having the same cap.

Not trying to offend anyone, but the chief of police should really be earning more then the CEO of a taxi company, and the same with other jobs. 

By raising the cap, here are the pros and cons, and the suggestions I have.

Pros: 

• It is more realistic (in real life, the head of LSEMS would be getting paid more then the CEO of weazel news)

• It would make you job choice matter and be valued more. A police officer should be on a higher pay then a taxi driver, as most of the time they do more work.

• It would encourage more people to join government jobs, and depending on their skill set/criminal record, it’d give them the right job with the right pay.

Cons:

• I couldn’t think of cons, but if anyone has some complaints about my suggestion please say so, i’ll add them here!

Conclusion: The cap should be raised judging on the job, it shouldn’t be reduced, just raised.

Police officers, paramedics etc... (even the lower ranked ones) should begin earning more then there counterpart in the factions that requires less work, or less skill.

Tell me what you guys think!

• Like 2
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/19/2020 at 6:37 PM, LegitxBuddy said:

It is more realistic (in real life, the head of LSEMS would be getting paid more then the CEO of weazel news)

that is factually untrue 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:37 PM, LegitxBuddy said:

Not trying to offend anyone, but the chief of police should really be earning more then the CEO of a taxi company, and the same with other jobs. 

a taxi company is a private company, and the CEO would more than likely earn much more than the chief of police. Especially if that taxi company is very busy

• Upvote 2

I agree with the above person on this one. It's important to understand the nature of Eclipse RP. If a cop gets paid more than a taxi driver, then why would I ever want to be a taxi driver? Not to mention, it's more likely the CEO of a News Network will get paid more then the Chief of Police getting paid by their city. Government caps should stay to ensure equality.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Denza said:

that is factually untrue 

a taxi company is a private company, and the CEO would more than likely earn much more than the chief of police. Especially if that taxi company is very busy

I see were you are coming from, and you make an excellent point. however in eclipse I believe the Taxi Company is owned by the government, same as the PD, DOC, weazel etc...

So I believe they should be payed on the work they do more, as at the moment a paramedic answering 10 calls per hour (I understand they get their bonuses, but its not much), is getting paid the same as a taxi driver who can sometimes not answer one call for 2 hours.

1 minute ago, LegitxBuddy said:

So I believe they should be payed on the work they do more, as at the moment a paramedic answering 10 calls per hour (I understand they get their bonuses, but its not much), is getting paid the same as a taxi driver who can sometimes not answer one call for 2 hours.

But it is also more enjoyable to be a medic than sit for 2h farming salary with netflix on, RP is worth more than money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WobblierDog15 said:

I agree with the above person on this one. It's important to understand the nature of Eclipse RP. If a cop gets paid more than a taxi driver, then why would I ever want to be a taxi driver? Not to mention, it's more likely the CEO of a News Network will get paid more then the Chief of Police getting paid by their city. Government caps should stay to ensure equality.

I understand your point you are getting across.

However, as a cop requires a lot more training, a harder application, no criminal record and a high standard of RP. This is something not all people have, sop by increasing the pay on lets police for this example, it would make people value the job police more, and it would let the people who do have criminal record to become a taxi driver, where there pay is little less.

1 minute ago, CaesarSeizure said:

But it is also more enjoyable to be a medic than sit for 2h farming salary with netflix on, RP is worth more than money.

Agreed, but sometimes there arnt much taxi calls, but alot of medic/police calls.

Naturally police and medic will most of the time do more work then a taxi driver or mechanic, so why are there pay the same? It shouldn't be hugely buffed, just a bit more so the difference between factions is fair.

PD/SD salaries start off at the same as all other jobs, but jump up a lot faster. I did a post explaining this a bit before, but I will talk a bit more again.

I have worked in SD and Bayview so I use them as comparison.

For SD, salaries start at 5k then jump up to 6.25k after the first rankup. You can gain this rank in as little as 1 week. Bayview, wages start at 5k, and after 3 weeks (min) jump up to 5.5k. Another 3 weeks (min) to get to 6k, which is still slightly lower than SD.

All LEO jobs are more fun than any civilian jobs, you are almost constantly engaged in RP as opposed to standing AFK. For most LEO, being on duty is the main part of their RP. It's easy to work up large hours, since you are having fun and the majority of their RP is being a cop/deputy. In a civillian job, for a lot of them, that job is just one part of their RP. Some are criminals, or have other jobs or other things to do.

For LEO, we are almost always on duty making money, we drive company cars that have free fuel, our guns are free. The only thing we need to buy is food, and then we can just make up money while we are working, as opposed to grinding in other jobs.

Anyway, I have waffled a bit. Basically, my opinion is that every other job needs to be buffed apart from PD/SD (maybe DOC). Buffing peoples wages will effect the economy though, so maybe all other jobs such as money truckers etc should get a buff too, but then prices will just inflate.

8 minutes ago, freshprinceIE said:

PD/SD salaries start off at the same as all other jobs, but jump up a lot faster. I did a post explaining this a bit before, but I will talk a bit more again.

I have worked in SD and Bayview so I use them as comparison.

For SD, salaries start at 5k then jump up to 6.25k after the first rankup. You can gain this rank in as little as 1 week. Bayview, wages start at 5k, and after 3 weeks (min) jump up to 5.5k. Another 3 weeks (min) to get to 6k, which is still slightly lower than SD.

All LEO jobs are more fun than any civilian jobs, you are almost constantly engaged in RP as opposed to standing AFK. For most LEO, being on duty is the main part of their RP. It's easy to work up large hours, since you are having fun and the majority of their RP is being a cop/deputy. In a civillian job, for a lot of them, that job is just one part of their RP. Some are criminals, or have other jobs or other things to do.

For LEO, we are almost always on duty making money, we drive company cars that have free fuel, our guns are free. The only thing we need to buy is food, and then we can just make up money while we are working, as opposed to grinding in other jobs.

Anyway, I have waffled a bit. Basically, my opinion is that every other job needs to be buffed apart from PD/SD (maybe DOC). Buffing peoples wages will effect the economy though, so maybe all other jobs such as money truckers etc should get a buff too, but then prices will just inflate.

You have completely changed my view on this, thank you for educating me on it! 😄

I agree all LEO jobs are much more fun, and I believe postal and jobs like that should be raised a little too.

Thank you :DD 

• Like 1

Along with this, if LEO jobs were to be buffed alongside of some freelance jobs, let’s boost the amount criminals make from high risk/ high reward jobs. As @freshprinceIE stated, LEO jobs don’t lose much when working, its 100% income time other than food, while they are on duty, nothing stops them from making money. Maybe an all around revamp due to the current massive price point of items, cars, and houses. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 10:44 AM, freshprinceIE said:

I'm DOC, we pay well at all ranks, and should be very active when on the job to a point where time flies by.
As High Command, we have never considered a need to increase our HC's pay and we've said to each other before that if it needs adjusting for other staff members we'd likely reduce our own pay if needed before scaling everything up.

I understand that irl a higher-up in a job might get paid a lot more than lower level workers but I feel the balance now is fine.

Also the people in those higher-up positions of Warden, Chief, Sheriff, CEO etc have been on the server a LONG time and just straight up have no real need for salary as they've passively made a lot getting to those positions so I don't imagine there's demand from it as someone in the top pay bracket of DOC. On top of this as it's been mentioned, we don't expend much in the job. 

I'd much rather see an overhaul in freelance job rebalancing to divert people that can't/won't get 'real' jobs to do more freelance work beyond fishing.

• Like 1

Good day, Speaking on PD side,
Our progression is alot slower then SD, Cadet is 2 weeks, PO I is 3, PO II is 3, and then it gets really long with some of our senior po3s sitting at almost a year in rank...
That being said the leaders of PD have all agreed that we in the top tier are here more for the RP and after as much time as each of us (our junior High Command player) is 2.5years in PD. Money isn't a driving factor for us, we dont use it, to the point most of us give it away to new players to start them out.
If your joining a faction for money, then I don't know what to tell you, I have seen criminals put even the richest cop to shame when comparing assets plus liquid funds so, it is balanced out when a singular criminal with a massive record... still has more liquid and assets then someone who has 3 years into PD averaging 40hours a week...

I don't think any jobs need a buff to be honest, perhaps some balance, but the way that they have it is to mimic a player based economy as best as is possible in this sort of community. Unfortunately GTA V will never support a true player market like Eve Online. But the devs have put a pile of effort into trying to make the wages realistic as supply and demand will fluctuate on items.   And if your struggling with buying food there are a few stores around that sell for almost cost. (I know a couple that make 3% profit on an item)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know all government jobs have the same wage gap of 8k/hour. If DCC is getting paid less than PD or SD, that is up to their faction leaders and getting wages approved by the government, like PD, SD and MD do, who have significantly more ranks than dcc, bayview etc. There is no reason for those players to be paid less, but its up to their faction leaders. As for PD or SD, I'm unsure what Bacon is referencing in terms of time in rank as that is insignificant to the actual suggestion, considering SD has only been around since juneish last year, but anyway, ranks deputy sheriff trainee to master deputy all have a minimum of 1 month between them, never less than that. Theoretically, all wages could be raised up until 8k am hour without needing any script changes, just government approval IC. Now that won't happen as there needs to be some kind of monetary progression between ranks. So should the cap of 8k be raised in order to allow it to trickle down to all ranks? I'm indifferent, yes PD, SD and MD are basically underpaid for what they do, take out the tax and you're left with less than farming makes, while investing countless hours of ooc time to read manuals, write arrest reports, impound reports, field training reports, divisional paperwork etc etc. "Nobody asks you to write all that stuff oocly" well yes they do. The government expects a certain level of ooc organisation and paperwork, so you can not really get away with doing none. I would support the ability for officers, deputies and medics to earn more money of course, as I know how much work goes into it outside of the game which is not valued and the obstacles to get to that point. On the other hand, we've managed since 2017 and we'll manage still. What all government factions have in common is to just carry on and make things work regardless.

For reference, these are the SD salaries, take out tax for actual values. 

• Deputy Sheriff Trainee - $5,000.00
  • Deputy Sheriff I - $6,250.00
  • Deputy Sheriff II - $6,500.00
  • Deputy Sheriff III - $6.750.00
  • Master Deputy - $6,950.00
  • Corporal/Agent - $7,000.00
  • Sergeant/Field Agent - $7,500.00
  • Staff Sergeant/Senior Agent - $7,750.00
  • Lieutenant - $7,950.00
  • Captain - $8,000.00
  • Commander - $8,000.00
  • Assistant Sheriff - $8,500.00 (( $8,000.00 ))
  • Undersheriff - $9,000.00 (( $8,000.00 ))
  • Sheriff - $9,500.00 (( $8,000.00 ))
  • Like 2

To be honest, I've been in PD for like 22 months now and I barely use my cars or my house.
Money for me isn't really a motivator being in PD, getting paid more is nice but if I don't, I don't. It's just collecting in my account.
That was the case as a Police Officer I after about 3-4 weeks in the faction.

If we increased salaries, then we'd inflate the economy further and things would likely have to cost more.

Real life arguments aren't as valid, because you don't get paid 7k an hour IRL or having to spend $500 on a chocolate bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bala said:

To be honest, I've been in PD for like 22 months now and I barely use my cars or my house.
Money for me isn't really a motivator being in PD, getting paid more is nice but if I don't, I don't. It's just collecting in my account.
That was the case as a Police Officer I after about 3-4 weeks in the faction.

If we increased salaries, then we'd inflate the economy further and things would likely have to cost more.

Real life arguments aren't as valid, because you don't get paid 7k an hour IRL or having to spend $500 on a chocolate bar.

It's the same for me. Having my salary cut or raised in SD wouldn't effect my RP a whole lot. I am in SD for the RP that comes from it, not the financial gain. The money I gain is just spent on other RP with friends off duty which honestly doesn't cost a lot. I don't need to worry about guns, fines etc. I will just passively make more money while having a good RP experience on duty.

This is different on my Crim character tho, since money is needed for almost any form of Crim RP. If I was working as a mechanic and my wages got cut, it would definitely hurt me a lot more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.