Paulius

[1.1.1] [2017-09-12] ECLIPSE Roleplay

BCpSqGf.png

ECLIPSE Roleplay Update Notes - 1.1.1

The Hitman Update

In this update we will be introducing the Hitman Agency (as seen in the community update #1). The Hitman Agency is a sanctuary for those who have traded their souls to the devil. The Agency composes of a single director and his/her minions. Hitmen are anonymous, they are not a faction, a gang, a job, they can be anyone. 

Placing a Contact
Anyone can place a contact on anyone, providing you have a valid reason and evidence to support it. To do so, you will have to SMS a Hitman in game, the number of the Agency will have to be found out in character. Once you have found your Hitman, you can meet up and discuss the details of your contract. From there you will accept or reject the terms and move on.

Onto the Hitman
In order for the contract to be processed, the Hitman must first collect information on the target, this includes the targets name, description, relationships, activities, common locations, vehicles and weapons. Then, a plan of termination must be formed. Once all this information is gathered, it is then submitted for Directors approval. The Director will then review the evidence to make sure that the server rules have been followed and that enough information has been collected to make a logical kill.

Preparing the Kill
The Director has reviewed and approved for the target to be terminated. The assigned Hitman will collect a vehicle from a random location on the map. This vehicle contains a Silenced Sniper Rifle with 10 ammo and a Silenced (regular) Pistol with 100 ammo. Before you get giddy, the sniper rifle can only be picked up, withdrawn and carried by Hitmen, so if you see one, steer clear! The Hitman will now make their way to the target location to proceed with The Plan.

The Kill
The Hitman is in position and is ready to terminate the target, they pull the trigger, the target is downed, the Hitman finishes them off. The target then wakes up in the Hospital and receives a message: "You were severely injured by the Hitman known as [Alias], your debit card was stolen and your account has been accessed, the hacker stole [10-30% of the contract amount]." If you place a contract on someone for $100k and they are terminated and the Hitmans "take" is 20%, they will lose $20k, that $20k will go to the Hitman. The original contract amount goes to the Agency for weapons and running costs. If you are the target and you manage to kill your Hitman at any point during the contract, the contract will be voided and you are safe. The person who placed the contract will not receive a refund.

FAQs
Q: How do I become a Hitman?
A: Hitmen are hand picked by the Director.

Q: Who is the Director?
A: The Director is anonymous.

Q: Can I cancel my contract?
A: No, only the Director may void a contract (you are refunded in this case).

Q: If my contact is rejected, what happens to the money?
A: You are refunded.

Q: How do I create a contract?
A: Go to the Game Panel (https://panel.eclipse-rp.net/hitman) and click Create Contract.

Q: What if I feel like my contract was DM?
A: Steps have been taken to ensure that this is not the case.

Edited by Xylum
Updated the way contracts are created
  • Like 4

This system is rife with powergaming and metagaming qualities. I have no idea who thought this system is a good idea. You cannot add 4 hour prison sentences and huge fines to enforce a higher level of RP and then introduce a feature like this, it's chalk and cheese. It is further increasing the divide between the different types of RP'ers you have in this community. Do the devs and founders even speak to each other? From my perspective, it doesn't appear they do.

Please explain to me how it makes RP sense that the person placing the hit contract is completely infallible in this entire situation? They have no chance of being discovered by other players, the victim or the police. Likewise with the Hitman and this "director", if every exchange is done out of game, it's broken as hell. There is no risk for the Hitman Director, the person placing the hit or the hitman in this entire situation. It's ridiculous lol

23 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Its not done in OOC way, just because it happens out of game it doesn't mean its OOC.

Selling cars & houses, joining factions. That stuff is accepted because it doesn't harm anyone. Using OOC methods to play an IC hit contract is absurd. Was probably a lot quicker and easier to make the system on the panel, no other reason why it would be done that way.

Where does the initial 100k go? So I pay the director 100k to kill a guy, the hitman kills him, then the 100k is taken out of his account. Does the initial 100k just vanish?

How does the hitman get your bank card if he kills you from 100m away? Not to mention the other security methods on withdrawals. 

I have run a small Hitman faction in the past. The vast majority, 80% of the RP, is in the initial meet, the creation of the contract, the demands from both sides etc. That has been completely removed with the OOC method of placing the contract. This is DM with imaginary justification from a source nobody can verify.

Honestly, this feels like an admin playground rather than an actual RP related feature. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SoloSmith said:

This system is rife with powergaming and metagaming qualities. I have no idea who thought this system is a good idea. You cannot add 4 hour prison sentences and huge fines to enforce a higher level of RP and then introduce a feature like this, it's chalk and cheese. It is further increasing the divide between the different types of RP'ers you have in this community. Do the devs and founders even speak to each other? From my perspective, it doesn't appear they do.

Please explain to me how it makes RP sense that the person placing the hit contract is completely infallible in this entire situation? They have no chance of being discovered by other players, the victim or the police. Likewise with the Hitman and this "director", if every exchange is done out of game, it's broken as hell. There is no risk for the Hitman Director, the person placing the hit or the hitman in this entire situation. It's ridiculous lol

Selling cars & houses, joining factions. That stuff is accepted because it doesn't harm anyone. Using OOC methods to play an IC hit contract is absurd. Was probably a lot quicker and easier to make the system on the panel, no other reason why it would be done that way.

Where does the initial 100k go? So I pay the director 100k to kill a guy, the hitman kills him, then the 100k is taken out of his account. Does the initial 100k just vanish?

How does the hitman get your bank card if he kills you from 100m away? Not to mention the other security methods on withdrawals. 

I have run a small Hitman faction in the past. The vast majority, 80% of the RP, is in the initial meet, the creation of the contract, the demands from both sides etc. That has been completely removed with the OOC method of placing the contract. This is DM with imaginary justification from a source nobody can verify.

Honestly, this feels like an admin playground rather than an actual RP related feature. 

+1, I could write paragraphs of how disappointed I am that something like this is created, but I can't be arsed, Smith got most of it covered by me. This feels like a huge setback in everyone's effort to better the server in terms of RP standards. There's no RP interaction, everyone magically knows how to use the dark web (as this apparently is the dark web). Knowing how people fill in IA reports and how the majority can't include proper RP evidence, I'd love to see how the evidence is collected for contracts. 

You should've not scripted this, you should've let gangs/organizations/mobs handle contracts. You're essentially removing potential RP for them (and yes, you are, despite them still being able to do it, who would? This system removes money FROM THE CONTRACTED PLAYER).

Instead of making it panel based, force players to actually interact with each other. Make people exchange details, money, evidence and all that In Character. Majority of the players on Eclipse is still learning how to RP, don't feed them with a script that allows them to do everything by the script, they won't learn that way - RP is not all about action.

The hitman can get OOC reinsurance him/herself that the contract is legitimate OOCly. If the hitman is incapable of making that judgment, perhaps that person shouldn't be a hitman.

Edited by FatherOsbornHD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hitman should be done the way it is, however the following should be the required pieces...

1. You must have video/photo proof of why you want to put a hit on someone

2. You must have video/photo proof of you learning the persons FULL name, no nick name, no slang, actual name.   (Ie. Rico Perez instead of Rico, Ricci, Perez, Rico P, etc) 
3. You must have learned of the hitman cell phone number (garbage or clean up service which is rply placed by ads in game). Once you contact them, the hitman gives you a contract number or something, which THEN you go to the UCP and place that number, your evidence, and other items in to place the hit. 
4. If you place a hit on someone for $100k, 75% is taken from them. Meaning $75k.... that means if a player has $76k, they will end up with $1k in their bank, and if they have under that they have $0 balance. 
                4.1 :  I say if the person does not have the amount of money required for the hit, then they lose up to one vehicle to cover the cost. Rply this would be repo'ed from the bank since you cannot make the payments, insurance, taxes, etc etc.   Even if you only have a 811, you lose the car..... 
5. If hit successful, you should be rply having severe amnesia lose all your saved alias's

6. If hit successful, the target gets removed from faction due to death and unable to rejoin for two irl weeks or some sort of time. 

7. If hit is successful, the player bleeds out as normal, BUT a text overdraw is placed on top of their location (not the player) and stays for up to 12 irl hours or until removed by police detectives, giving details of gun used, other evidence, etc. Something for police detectives to investigate murders of hitmen. (we dont want this for everyone because then when the certain factions of the server get , bored or whatever happens, they end up killing each other for fun, it seems)  Not sure if this should be done automatically or by hitmen after the target player dies.  The reason I think it should be automatic is due to if hitmans target is at LSC and he shoots them from a roof down the street, he probably shouldnt have to be forced to go into crowded area just to do a command for evidence. Kind of unfair. 

One of the purposes of hitmen is to put fear into people. I personally think of hitmen in a gta RP server as a "fear rp" rule from a IC standpoint. Because no one wants to lose that much for one and for two, people arent fearing police properly, so hitmen is a great other half of police. 

If people would show more fear about their role play, as they would in life, then role play is automatically enhanced to avoid childish, sloppy, horrible RP.   Because for every action is a reaction, etc. Someone pissing you off icly, could end up turning into a hit contract, so people going around hitting each other for the hell of it, could mean costly effects to the issue of which they caused.  Basically for every action there is a reaction. And since people are not properly rping fear as it relates to police, jail and prison sentencing, and fines... hitmen is a perfect alternative to it. But having said that, police are unable to be corrupt icly or oocly, sadly. So no worries from police putting a hit on you. 

Doing it this way will put more fear into everything, improve the RP around it, etc. 

I personally think hitmen should be admin or higher.  and if you get taken out by a hitmen, you should get CKed.... but thats a whole other six page forum post I can post elsewhere. lol

59 minutes ago, Ethosyde said:

4. If you place a hit on someone for $100k, 75% is taken from them. Meaning $75k.... that means if a player has $76k, they will end up with $1k in their bank, and if they have under that they have $0 balance. 
                4.1 :  I say if the person does not have the amount of money required for the hit, then they lose up to one vehicle to cover the cost. Rply this would be repo'ed from the bank since you cannot make the payments, insurance, taxes, etc etc.   Even if you only have a 811, you lose the car..... 

This makes 0 RP sense and 0 realistic sense. You can't force people to lose cars or even bank balance when killed. The fact the Hitman instantly succeeds in extracting cash from the bank is powergaming.

I understand the intention, to create a worthwhile punishment for getting killed by a hitman but breaking RP rules to do so is unimaginative and counter-productive.

There is also 0 risk to the Hitman outside of prison time, and we already know that means nothing to most people. They should have to buy the guns and equipment. Want a bigger cut? Try it with less gear. Want to ensure the kill? Buy more expensive stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoloSmith said:

This makes 0 RP sense and 0 realistic sense. You can't force people to lose cars or even bank balance when killed. The fact the Hitman instantly succeeds in extracting cash from the bank is powergaming.

I understand the intention, to create a worthwhile punishment for getting killed by a hitman but breaking RP rules to do so is unimaginative and counter-productive.

There is also 0 risk to the Hitman outside of prison time, and we already know that means nothing to most people. They should have to buy the guns and equipment. Want a bigger cut? Try it with less gear. Want to ensure the kill? Buy more expensive stuff.

Not sure on your life experience. However, if you have a lien on a vehicle for example, in real life and you die, the bank (auto company) repossess the vehicle. Because the vehicle was contractually between them and the person of which died. Same goes for houses, typically the family sells the house, which pays the bank their original money and split the difference amongst themselves. 

I think you are against it, because you are scared of losing. No offense. 

51 minutes ago, Ethosyde said:

Not sure on your life experience. However, if you have a lien on a vehicle for example, in real life and you die, the bank (auto company) repossess the vehicle. Because the vehicle was contractually between them and the person of which died. Same goes for houses, typically the family sells the house, which pays the bank their original money and split the difference amongst themselves. 

I think you are against it, because you are scared of losing. No offense. 

None taken. I really do not care about my characters financial situation. I don't care about the cars he has, the useless house he owns, it's nice fluff but that's all it is. 

What I do care about? RP. You are not leasing cars in Eclipse, you own them. So that mutes your initial point entirely. Same with houses, they are not rented or under mortgage in Eclipse, you own them.

I am against it because the system in rushed, has metagaming and powergaming scripted into the damn thing and brings nothing to the server but allowing a handful of players picked by someone (who may not even have good RP standards themselves) to run around killing people with a cool gun. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ethosyde said:

If hit successful, the target gets removed from faction due to death and unable to rejoin for two irl weeks or some sort of time. 

So what do you want to happen to a faction leader? He just loses leadership of the faction he paid for and created? What about members of that faction? What about Government members when its implemented? 

If you place a hit on someone for $100k, 75% is taken from them. Meaning $75k.... that means if a player has $76k, they will end up with $1k in their bank, and if they have under that they have $0 balance. 

Why would a hitman steal money from the account and leave a dead man $1k? This makes absolutely no sense how a hitman could create $75k from a dead man whose account only had like 2k, if the player being killed doesnt have the money the person who made the hit should at least have to pay off the rest of the hit or be taken out himself as the hitman wasnt paid properly.

Edited by SlateTadpole27