Albatrosgaminng

Speed cameras

1 hour ago, Albatrosgaminng said:

So these are cameras which are fitted in random places and identifys cars which goes more than the alloted speed limit in that location and the driver gets a fine for that which he needs to pay at the PD. I know its annoying but its realistic.

I do like this idea in moderation. There are a lot of areas where speeding is really dangerous. Around PD, MD. LSC, Bayview, Weazel etc. Areas with heavy population. A few cameras in these locations would be nice.

• Like 1

+1/-1

Do agree with this, though make the system manual.

A driver is caught speeding 50+ over, send a notification to the police. IE. name: Meng YiChan is speeding in vehicle: banshee, REG: ASSMAN, last seen at missions row.

A notification would only be sent if the speeding is extreme, 50-60 over.

Though a large bug which would be annoying to fix, how would you tell the difference between a speeding cop during a pursuit or an ambulance?

21 hours ago, NoewUH said:

+1/-1

Do agree with this, though make the system manual.

A driver is caught speeding 50+ over, send a notification to the police. IE. name: Meng YiChan is speeding in vehicle: banshee, REG: ASSMAN, last seen at missions row.

A notification would only be sent if the speeding is extreme, 50-60 over.

Though a large bug which would be annoying to fix, how would you tell the difference between a speeding cop during a pursuit or an ambulance?

Telling the difference between normal cars and ambulance & cops shouldn't be a problem

Edited by mew

6 hours ago, Xylum said:

Ok so now say I really don't like you, what happens when I steal your car and spend the next 30 minutes doing laps in your car racking up speeding fines?

Make it so people can only get fined once every 24 hrs per camera or something along those lines.

In regards to stealing cars, with the current system speed cameras wouldn't work. People steal cars to drive to Mors and other stupid shit, there's no really decent reason to steal vehicles 90% of the time as they can't be sold, easily tracked etc. For speed cameras to work, stealing cars should be a lot harder.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolf Gamer said:

Remove the lock pick system :)
its not even realistic to leave your 600k+ car and in 10 minutes get stolen 

I think there's other ways around it. Shit cars should still be relatively easy to steal. The server needs more money sinks. Let people purchase security upgrades for cars. 1-3 tiers, each tier is more expensive and makes it harder to steal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoloSmith said:

I think there's other ways around it. Shit cars should still be relatively easy to steal. The server needs more money sinks. Let people purchase security upgrades for cars. 1-3 tiers, each tier is more expensive and makes it harder to steal.

i agree
or they install a system like a car under 100k can be easy to steal and from 100k to 200k more default and so on

On 9/13/2017 at 6:49 AM, aon said:

Hard to dispute tickets without a court system.

+1 to speed cameras, but I think they should only activate when going 40+ above the speed limit.

However, @Xylum pointed out a huge problem with this.

Easy fix for that:

Create a way for cops  to flag vehicles as "STOLEN" - That way people can properly report their cars stolen to police.

If a vehicle with a "STOLEN" status drives past a speed camera it will send an automatic alert to the police(max 1 alert per minute to stop people spamming the cops with alerts).  The alert could include a roleplayed picture which  includes the driver as "Stranger/Mask/Alias [character number]". Tickets will not be issued to vehicles flagged as "STOLEN".

As soon as your car gets a speeding ticket you get a notified straight away, i.e. an automated SMS from the LSPD saying your vehicle was caught speeding. If you get an unexpected SMS saying your vehicle was caught speeding, probably would be a good time to call the police to get your car flagged as stolen so you don't get more tickets.

i would say it records the name or id who is drivng the car and is sent to him. or maybe the photo with stranger id is sent to the pd where the cadets who just sit in PD as they are not allowed to go alone check each phtos and fine that person properly. So this gives a bit work for he cadets too or as stated in the coment above we get a notification where we can report it as robbery.

Edited by Albatrosgaminng

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.