Bagacius

Suggestion - Tax Change! Please leave opinion.

+1 To changing the tax system
-1 on reducing taxes on the top 25% of players. 

Currently the 'asset value' of certain things are very disproportionate. Drags= 200k, 1G's= >50k.
If asset values were fixed with more accurate numbers then I would love to see more diverse tax brackets going up to 5m or so!

Overall I think the economy is very mature at this point and decreasing taxes on people like me would disproportionately benefit the veterans who are established already.

Taxes inadvertently help criminals and reducing taxes on all citizens would hurt criminals further by reducing there purchasing power across the board. The consistent/reliable money being made by legal government workers is offset and balanced ICly by paying taxes. Criminals don't report our income, because its illegal, and therefore do not pay INCOME TAX on any of it. Buying Guns/Drugs and stashing them in a house is a classic Criminal way to keep money out of the banks and keep your tax bracket low. TLDR; Reducing taxes nerfs tax avoidance crime.

Most people will hate what I am about to say, but I think its worth mentioning: 
People that own business' are hiding millions inside them to avoid paying personal taxes on their own income, despite having no real intent on leaving that money inside the business RPly. Legal citizens and police that own business' are doing this as well. 

Car dealerships (last i checked) do not pay taxes on cars sold. 

• Like 1

What OP is suggesting is just a temporary "fix", which will cause bigger problems in just a few months. It's not the way to fix the economy, just trash it more, especially for new players. The current measures are good and if anything, there need to be more of them. 

• Like 1

I know this server's RP quality is truly light and most people roles focuses on being wealthy, therefore, tax is fine as it is in my opinion.

I've said this a million times, especially to the crim RP fellers: Roleplay is not about wealth, but about adding your own uniqueness to the server.

The huge tax won't stop anyone from being rich, but it will help on balancing economy in general. 

6 hours ago, Rykarch said:

I know this server's RP quality is truly light and most people roles focuses on being wealthy, therefore, tax is fine as it is in my opinion.

I've said this a million times, especially to the crim RP fellers: Roleplay is not about wealth, but about adding your own uniqueness to the server.

The huge tax won't stop anyone from being rich, but it will help on balancing economy in general. 

Yup

+1

Have to add that a change from 1 to 5 million is a pretty big gap.

1-3mil 15%
> 3mil 35%

I agree people will buy VIP once the taxes become too high. But another thing I'd like to say about this:
I bought VIP just because my tax raised to 15%. If I will ever see it going to 35% I will be very unmotivated to try to make anymore money from there on, and probably won't.

• Like 1

I don’t know if this is still the case but I know gas stations and general stores get taxed 35% when withdrawing from the cash accumulated within the business. That rate is quite high ESPECIALLY when Gun Stores don’t get taxed ONE PENNY when they pull out their accumulated cash from sales. This is extremely unfair and overpowered at the moment. Would be nice to implement either no tax on cash withdraw for all businesses or apply the same tax to Gun Stores (35%) that all other businesses have to take.