Yputi

Vehicle mileage

Hello,

So, I noticed in the game changes that /mileage has been added. 
Later in Discord I saw NBDY mention: "mileage doesn't affect anything atm, but it will in the future"
All cool, but it's a bit "unfair" to let people drive around now and then in the future get affected by it as the effects of this whole /mileage thing isn't know yet.

GTA is a game where you drive a lot, as it's just made like that. IRL I don't drive as much as in GTA for obvious reasons, so I am kinda debating now what to do/if I should play at all till this is known due to owning a car I have worked 2 OOC years for.

Hope someone can clear this up.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, feels weird to use drive my car and rack up a lot of miles when I am unsure what affect it will have on me. The mileage counter should be reset when changes are made so that the car is affected by mileage or we should be aware of the affects very soon so that we can make an educated decision on whether to use certain vehicles. 

Just now, JakeInnit_ said:

Agreed, feels weird to use drive my car and rack up a lot of miles when I am unsure what affect it will have on me. The mileage counter should be reset when changes are made so that the car is affected by mileage or we should be aware of the affects very soon so that we can make an educated decision on whether to use certain vehicles. 

100% agreed with this.

Just now, sam12336020 said:

Should be able to go to a mechanic and pay to have the car serviced for a high price and it resets the damage the miles has done to the car.

something similair to the engine repair system, but then indeed based on mileage would be awesome, which would still give me the joy to drive and prevent me from dumping certain cars in parkinglot forever.

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

something similair to the engine repair system, but then indeed based on mileage would be awesome, which would still give me the joy to drive and prevent me from dumping certain cars in parkinglot forever.

Yeah, its unfair on people who have supers and they are now worthless because it has high mileage it will stop people buying them.

2 minutes ago, sam12336020 said:

Yeah, its unfair on people who have supers and they are now worthless because it has high mileage it will stop people buying them.

Not only that, I personally like how rare they are now. If the milage will be 100% permanent, I would assume they will add more supers, which could really ruin it for certain people who saved their way up to one, not like those people who had one before they got removed.
Not to mention it will also ruin it for credit vehicles, having it permanent.

I imagine they added mileage to make it more realistic that if you own a car for many years, at least you must replace the engine after X amount of miles. That being said, Supers are super for a reason and while you own an expensive car, you better be ready to pay an expensive fee to repair that car just as if you own a Lamborghini that needs an engine replacement. This is how I see it working realistically.

2 minutes ago, PurplePlant said:

I imagine they added mileage to make it more realistic that if you own a car for many years, at least you must replace the engine after X amount of miles. That being said, Supers are super for a reason and while you own an expensive car, you better be ready to pay an expensive fee to repair that car just as if you own a Lamborghini that needs an engine replacement. This is how I see it working realistically.

as of now, visual repairs are based on vehicles import price afaik, which imo would be a great baseline for this idea too. But then again, I have no idea what their plans are. 
Mainly the fact people could steal your car and purposely drive it around a lot is something I have in mind.

At the end I just hope it won't kill the vibe of driving certain cars, as I mentioned before; at the end its GTA and its mostly about cars.

Edited by Yputi

9 minutes ago, PurplePlant said:

Nah then mileage is pointless, and your engine would still be the same old engine.. You can only replace so many parts before you just have to replace the entire engine

I think their main idea is just similair to the one of engine. Where some sort of repair type would "reset" it.

But the idea's aren't really the issues honestly, as apperantly they already have future plans, but we already rack up mileage on our cars without knowing how/how bad we will get affected when this actually will mean something.

Edited by Yputi

Would not be to bad as to go from the LS airport to Paleto is 4 miles. If you did that 5 times a day it would take you 7500 days or 20 years to use up the average mileage of the car (Supposing it's 150k miles) 

3 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I personally wouldn't mind a balance between realism but also fun indeed.

Yeah same here, but it's coming to a point where it's going a bit too far i would say. You cannot implement 90% realism into a video game.

Edited by PhenomenalX

45 minutes ago, PurplePlant said:

There is no saying that they won't reset mileage on cars before the next added feature of mileage. I think they added it early to trial the system and make changes. 

it is indeed mentioned that for now it doesn't do anything, but in the future it will (said by NBDY). There are just concerns that suddenly some people get affected very hard because they rack up their miles now before it actually affects something.
Not sure if they already have some sort of idea how they wanna implement this.

17 hours ago, Yputi said:

I suggested mileage for vehicles, and my second suggestion was that every 1000 or 10000 you have to change oils with mechanics for 2k or 5k doesnt matter so it could make sense

1 minute ago, Bagacius said:

I suggested mileage for vehicles, and my second suggestion was that every 1000 or 10000 you have to change oils with mechanics for 2k or 5k doesnt matter so it could make sense

If this will be implemented, I am 100% fine with it. 
As long as it isn't something permanent, as it will cause issues with credit vehicles, renting out cars, letting people use yoru cars or having cars stolen.

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

If this will be implemented, I am 100% fine with it. 
As long as it isn't something permanent, as it will cause issues with credit vehicles, renting out cars, letting people use yoru cars or having cars stolen.

I mean to do something permament would be nonsense as its still game, ouh i forgot to mention as well Ibput suggestion that if you not changed your oils after 1000km let say you car goes slower than usually until its get stalled

1 minute ago, Bagacius said:

I mean to do something permament would be nonsense as its still game, ouh i forgot to mention as well Ibput suggestion that if you not changed your oils after 1000km let say you car goes slower than usually until its get stalled

this sounds perfect to be honest.

23 hours ago, Yputi said:

Hello,

So, I noticed in the game changes that /mileage has been added. 
Later in Discord I saw NBDY mention: "mileage doesn't affect anything atm, but it will in the future"
All cool, but it's a bit "unfair" to let people drive around now and then in the future get affected by it as the effects of this whole /mileage thing isn't know yet.

GTA is a game where you drive a lot, as it's just made like that. IRL I don't drive as much as in GTA for obvious reasons, so I am kinda debating now what to do/if I should play at all till this is known due to owning a car I have worked 2 OOC years for.

Hope someone can clear this up.

OK OK  you super car owners panicking for no reason   

mileage is just number and dont effect any thing 

and if 

your car wanna stop working after 10000 mile ? no 

only way i think is wanna effect you is this 

you need to change your engine car. so lets think you wanna change a warner engine . 

brand new one cost you 9 k so the engine will be realistically cost you 3 k or 2 k and you will be fine for next 2 IRL month 

FMJ (super car) when get destroy  (get chop , or blown up  or any thing ...) is only cost you 11 k for getting it back . that car cost you in game 22 m or maybe more

super cars prices get effected only by players not government (server) . but price of repairing it only affected by government (server). price of maxing a warner engine to comet engine is the same 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.