Matt_Borisow

Jail time increase for repeat offenses

Okay, so this is really getting out of hand. Today, after 3 hour session with 140-180 players online, i was robbed 8 times, yes, 8 times. Maybe some of you aren't surprised by this, because this is just "normal" day in eclipse, but that's not how roleplay works imo. Even if you get caught robbing someone, you just go to jail for maximum a hour, and you go out happy about it. I think this shouldn't be like that. In my opinion, for recurring crimes, the jail time should double. For example, first time you get caught robbing someone - 2 hours in jail, second - 4 hours, third - 8 hours. And after 10th time doing the same crime, you get life time sentence and your player is deleted. This would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more sense, because in real life you just don't go around robbing people and sitting few hours in jail for it. That's basically the biggest nonsense in this server, apart from this, playing here would be much more enjoyable. Maybe this has been posted before, but, please, don't ignore this. Of course, gang member will say that everything is normal here and it should be left like that. 

Not to everything because a lot of criminals should promote more realistic RP than just robbing people 24/7 
Mainly this. ⬇️

"first time you get caught robbing someone - 2 hours in jail
 second - 4 hours
 third - 8 hours,
And after 10th time doing the same crime, you get life time sentence and your player is deleted.
"
I think if they added more things to do in prison and if the current situation at DOC was different between the guards and inmates it would make longer jail sentences more tolerable.
Right now you cant even AFK in jail you have to sit there and stare at a wall for X amount of hours with hardly anything to do,
I think prison should have a MAXIMUM of an 8 hour cap, That's a FULL work day and more than enough time for someone to try to figure out how to better themselves as a criminal.
Having someones character deleted because they committed crimes is just going to drive people out of the server, no one wants to completely start over because they were arrested numerous times.
I think they need to push the criminal update so criminals do have more things to do other than harass civilians and can promote more productive role play for the server. 

Edited by Purmineli
  • Like 1

Major -1 here.

Players who have already committed crimes a couple of times are barred from legal jobs for a substantial amount of time, forcing them to commit more crimes anyway.

Increasing prison time, especially 8 hours and eventually life (deleting the character) would make it so players couldn't roleplay as career criminals. What if a gang leader gets arrested? Prison time is already long enough as it is. You need to remember that this is a roleplay server and we are here to have fun, not win all the time, despite what you usually see. With a new change implemented recently (https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=641&p=142315#p142315players could start turning their life around after a first offense.

If prison time increased as you committed more crimes, criminal roleplay would go extinct. Remember Eclipse RP aims to be realistic, but NOT real life.

Longer jail times won't solve this issue, it's something that should be enforced by server rules. To put it simply, a lot of people choose to go for a life of crime because of a lot of reasons. Since so many people choose to do crime, you're bound to be hit numerous times, everyone is. I'd argue this is a IC issue. There shouldn't be classes that limit you to certain RP. This also isn't TDM, so balance doesn't really count for that much.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, Matt_Borisow said:

Okay, so this is really getting out of hand. Today, after 3 hour session with 140-180 players online, i was robbed 8 times, yes, 8 times. Maybe some of you aren't surprised by this, because this is just "normal" day in eclipse, but that's not how roleplay works imo. Even if you get caught robbing someone, you just go to jail for maximum a hour, and you go out happy about it. I think this shouldn't be like that. In my opinion, for recurring crimes, the jail time should double. For example, first time you get caught robbing someone - 2 hours in jail, second - 4 hours, third - 8 hours. And after 10th time doing the same crime, you get life time sentence and your player is deleted. This would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more sense, because in real life you just don't go around robbing people and sitting few hours in jail for it. That's basically the biggest nonsense in this server, apart from this, playing here would be much more enjoyable. Maybe this has been posted before, but, please, don't ignore this. Of course, gang member will say that everything is normal here and it should be left like that. 

As stated above if criminal update will come soon people wont rob everyone that has a pistol .

All the old players and crime members know that for the past month we have 0 chances to buy / import weapons .

So instead of not doing nothing every crime member attacks everyone that has a pistol . Is is shitty rp ? Is it harassing ? 
Is not shitty rp but is a poor rp i admit it . But how we see this you have 2 options, stay at bank not doing nothing or go out there and find some pistols .

This is not the players fault , script has 0 means for crime rp to have weapons so till further update things will be like this

I feel bad for the flux of new players that joined the server in the past weeks , as a lot of them have rp experience and cant understand why having a gun license and a pistol makes you a target .

But again crime players cant be blamed for this situation 

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WindEZ said:

As stated above if criminal update will come soon people wont rob everyone that has a pistol .

All the old players and crime members know that for the past month we have 0 chances to buy / import weapons .

So instead of not doing nothing every crime member attacks everyone that has a pistol . Is is shitty rp ? Is it harassing ? 
Is not shitty rp but is a poor rp i admit it . But how we see this you have 2 options, stay at bank not doing nothing or go out there and find some pistols .

This is not the players fault , script has 0 means for crime rp to have weapons so till further update things will be like this

I feel bad for the flux of new players that joined the server in the past weeks , as a lot of them have rp experience and cant understand why having a gun license and a pistol makes you a target .

But again crime players cant be blamed for this situation 

Thank you for explaining this, I haven't played a lot here, so I didn't know all this.

1+. Cmon I remember running from PD and something like that and I got 30 minutes I think in Jail haha it is a joke. I should get minimum 3 hours for that. Thats why there is so many robbers because jail and jail time is a joke. Its should be way much more. But I dont agree with acc deleting. If you murder somebody you should get just like 8-10h to make sure next time you think before you do.

+1.. i try to help others and also i like to be hunting..  today i got robbed 2 times out of 3 times that i sold meat. so from 15 animals i found.. i only had profit from 4.. the other 11 was all stolen because it is so easy to rob others...

now go and try to mine.. u wont complete a single sale without being robbed. what kind of roleplay is this.. 

new jail times and laws updates.. or make it that 1 LSPD member should always be on patrol at the mine and the meat factories... thats how RP works.. if there is 100 robberies a DAY .. LSPD must be there to patrol 24/7... duhh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.