jason

Make Combat Logging a Permanent Ban

+1 Waiting on a person that combat logged as I'm writing this!

Although I feel like it should be a 2 strike like DM, just so in case you happen to "Clog" by "accident" you can keep playing while its being investigated, so we don't get many false positives and frustrating situations.

+1 There should be harsher punishment for those who do combat logging, debatable if perma ban is fair.

It isn't hard to gather proof, providing admins with proof after combat logging will make it harder to do it deliberately.

for game crashes and pc restarts - Event logs

for Internet issues - Maybe show admins a video of you restarting router with router page on-screen until "link status" gets refreshed.
for electricity issues - Most providers do shoot a message before power cuts. Outage report logs are generally hosted for the public by electricity providers.

Huge +1, i get 3-4 people who combat log every single day and its really getting frustrating.

For example yesterday, one of my allies were at chopshop and two people pulled up and just opened fire, when we started chasing them they drove off a mountain into a lake and combat logged, at the same time aswell.

We wasted 15 minutes, they came back and logged out the second they saw us, another 15 minutes for one of them to return and then once again combat log.

Its so frustrating to have to wait that amount of time but i do it, because they think they just log and boom they think they're good.

I don't know why but this is happening to people everyday, especially since there's a lot of new people on the server.

Now lets say your wifi does go out, all you have to do is take some evidence, take your phone out and take a video, at least put in a crash report and let the other parties know.

Once again +1, some of these people aren't here to RP (I'm not saying all!), they are here to mess around and do whatever they want rule wise and think they can get away. (This is my opinion from my experience)

I'm mixed with this.

+1
if you can see its a blatant combat log they should be issued a punishment for it if you can provide proof and they haven't returned in 15minutes.

How can you prove someone combat logged or if their Internet / Power died?
How can someone prove to you their internet died besides word of mouth or a screenshot that can easily be made to seem legit?
How can they provide proof?

I think it should be treated similar to a Non-RP, 
Instead of 6 give them 2-3 issued punishments before being banned.

Edited by Purmineli

3 hours ago, Vyse Legend said:

If anyone is saying no, do we REALLY think these are accidents?

all of these people deserved to be banned.  And this is just the last 24hrs of -REPORTED- combat logging.

Note, in the first two reports you linked, it's the same person involved. 

Thank you for your suggestion.

We made a change to our internal punishment guidelines about 2 weeks ago to separate Combat Logging from our Non RP punishments. While they will be more harsher now, it will not result in a permanent ban on your first or second punishment, unless there is a strong reason for it.

- Osborn.

• Like 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.