Dizo

Robbing should have Cooldowns or Rules

Right,

This is going to be a very simple suggestion, but I am very sick of my time so far since being a new player just only 2 weeks ago on Eclipse RP. The robbing that happens is just way over the top. Something needs to be put in place as people are leaving the community for good.

The Start of a Normal Casual Club
I am trying to start a normal motorcycle club, which has started out very successful, when suddenly I am getting people saying they are just constantly being robbed in ridiculous places, the same places such as a gas station in the city. It's already caused several people I know to leave for good.

Is this really a Serious RP Server?
The robbing needs to seriously be put down a notch, or at least some new/modified rules put into place. This is not GTA Online where people run around with RPGs. This is a serious role-play server, and all we are getting is attacked constantly with no RP reason, suddenly 3 gangs targeting us for absolutely no reason.

Casual Drive down the Road
I'm driving 145km down a road, when suddenly 2 guys drive aside me and say through their mics: "Off the bike, off the bike, off the bike." What is this rubbish? He then decides to type into /b Fear rp - Because I am not stopping the bike, but instead driving to my original planned destination. Is this how it's going to be? That we can't even just travel alone to pop to the shop without being attacked by a bunch of people.

That's most of my anger expressed, if this robbing continues, I am truly gone.. I finish work after 9 hours to come on to Eclipse to have fun and relax with the MC, when every 5 minutes, something is happening to us.

Do I have a problem with a Challenging road to success?
Absolutely not, I am fine with things being difficult, as it's what makes the game fun, to actually work hard to get to places. But no, this is not difficult, it's literally impossible. Either of us can't drive more than 2 minutes without being held up by this petty gangs. They annoy me, there is too many of them, and action should be taken towards that, or at least a balance of factions. Eg. 3 Gangster Factions, 3 Mafias, 3 MCs, 3 Legal Organisations, and so on.

My 10 Years of RP Experience (SAMP, MTA, ARMA 3)
Every time I have ran a faction on other RP games, I have always had a blasting experience, because of server rule enforcement, cooldown systems for criminal actions, etc.

The Solutions:

Solution 01: Cool-downs for Robbing
Not sure how this would work, but I believe the devs should have a talk about if cool-downs could be an option for sorting this out.

Solution 02: Create/Modify and Enforce Rules better
The rules need to be changed definitely. There are so many gangs in the city, and most of them just go around robbing. Either place more /ncz's or something.

Solution 03: Victim Cooldown Timer

Another solution would be to introduce a mechanic that gives the victim a protection for a certain period of time or such. This would need a lot of thought behind it.

Edited by Dizo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Dizo said:

Right,

This is going to be a very simple suggestion, but I am very sick of my time so far since being a new player just only 2 weeks ago on Eclipse RP. The robbing that happens is just way over the top. Something needs to be put in place as people are leaving the community for good.

I am trying to start a normal motorcycle club, which has started out very successful, when suddenly I am getting people saying they are just constantly being robbed in ridiculous places, the same places such as a gas station in the city. It's already caused several people I know to leave for good.

The robbing needs to seriously be put down a notch, or at least some new/modified rules put into place. This is not GTA Online where people run around with RPGs. This is a serious role-play server, and all we are getting is attacked constantly with no RP reason, suddenly 3 gangs targeting us for absolutely no reason.

I'm driving 145km down a road, when suddenly 2 guys drive aside me and say through their mics: "Off the bike, off the bike, off the bike." What is this rubbish? He then decides to type into /b Fear rp - Because I am not stopping the bike, but instead driving to my original planned destination. Is this how it's going to be? That we can't even just travel alone to pop to the shop without being attacked by a bunch of people.

That's most of my anger expressed, if this robbing continues, I am truly gone.. I finish work after 9 hours to come on to Eclipse to have fun and relax with the MC, when every 5 minutes, something is happening to us.

Absolutely not, I am fine with things being difficult, as it's what makes the game fun, to actually work hard to get to places. But no, this is not difficult, it's literally impossible. Either of us can't drive more than 2 minutes without being held up by this petty gangs. They annoy me, there is too many of them, and action should be taken towards that, or at least a balance of factions. Eg. 3 Gangster Factions, 3 Mafias, 3 MCs, 3 Legal Organisations, and so on.

Every time I have ran a faction on other RP games, I have always had a blasting experience, because of server rule enforcement, cooldown systems for criminal actions, etc.

The Solutions:

Not sure how this would work, but I believe the devs should have a talk about if cool-downs could be an option for sorting this out.

The rules need to be changed definitely. There are so many gangs in the city, and most of them just go around robbing. Either place more /ncz's or something.

I can't agree more...

Getting jumped by people yelling "DROP YOUR GUN AND BAG" for the whole time is really annoying... Especially when it happens a few times in one session...

5 hours ago, Dizo said:

Right,

The Solutions:

Another solution would be to introduce a mechanic that gives the victim a protection for a certain period of time or such. This would need a lot of thought behind it.

+1 Im tierd of this shit! 

we are getting is attacked constantly with no RP reason, suddenly 3 gangs targeting us for absolutely no reason.

This honestly sounds like an IC issue. Reading from your thread you are an illegal faction so not a normal motorcycle club like LSMC. There are barely any robberies in the city from the big gangs unless you caused issues with them IC most of the times the people who rob in the city are just 2-3 people who go around doing this. Try and fix this ICLY. 

Sound like a rulebreak to me so PM the person its a rulebreak and as last resort report them on the forums. 

You say you have 10+ years experience with RP you should know the basic rules and how it all works. I see multiple problems with your solutions. I do not think having scriptly helping a criminal getting robbed from other criminals is gonna be positive for the server. The NCZ already gets abused heavily by some criminal players. More scripted help for protecting crims against other crims is just gonna put hte server in a worse state it is. You said yourself you are a motorclub fix the problems yourself ICLY. Civilians like EMS/Mechanics and all barely gets robbed by gangs.

-1 dont need server scripts that protect criminals from other criminals  

1 hour ago, Felcon said:

we are getting is attacked constantly with no RP reason, suddenly 3 gangs targeting us for absolutely no reason.

This honestly sounds like an IC issue. Reading from your thread you are an illegal faction so not a normal motorcycle club like LSMC. There are barely any robberies in the city from the big gangs unless you caused issues with them IC most of the times the people who rob in the city are just 2-3 people who go around doing this. Try and fix this ICLY. 

Sound like a rulebreak to me so PM the person its a rulebreak and as last resort report them on the forums. 

You say you have 10+ years experience with RP you should know the basic rules and how it all works. I see multiple problems with your solutions. I do not think having scriptly helping a criminal getting robbed from other criminals is gonna be positive for the server. The NCZ already gets abused heavily by some criminal players. More scripted help for protecting crims against other crims is just gonna put hte server in a worse state it is. You said yourself you are a motorclub fix the problems yourself ICLY. Civilians like EMS/Mechanics and all barely gets robbed by gangs.

-1 dont need server scripts that protect criminals from other criminals  

We are not an illegal faction. 90% of our work is legal work. It is not an IC issue at all, it's toxicity of the community, young kids with nothing to do but just be like "Oh, look there's a guy running on the road, let's rob him quick. Oh look another, let's rob him quick! Oh look, a biker! Screw it, let's rob him tooooo!" - This behaviour is just massive Non-RP for me. Repetitive gameplay is boring, if they were to do other stuff to, it would balance things out. My point is that there is no balance here mate.

I don't want to have to relate to the forums all my time on Eclipse RP, if I am spending more time in an OOC perspective of things, I am not exactly playing the game am I? Why would I not be aware of the basic rules? I am fully aware of the rules, this is not a problem of just the rules being strict enough, it's about that the majority of the players are toxic, and want to treat the server like it's GTA Online. I am not about that mate.

13 hours ago, Dizo said:

Right,

The Solutions:

+1 This happens so often and it's not isolated to the MC. It's as soon as you are on your own you get jumped. 

So, firstly, as the FearRP claim goes; I believe that attempting to flee/evade on your bike would be reasonable if it has the speed/acceleration since you are a moving target and difficult to hit... of course, you may end up unsuccessful and you should then of course comply. it strikes me as powergamey to dictate how you have to respond to the demand in the first place.

As for the cooldown concept... I would think that adding (( Robbery Cooldown )) or wording to that effect above your player after a non-LEO user has frisked you would be a relatively simple means of implementing the cooldown; the only catch being that you can then cheat by having a buddy frisk you to trigger it - though this could be partly addressed by logging frisk activity, the gains of doing this probably outweigh the abuse risk.

Edited by Olipro

I think the thing to keep in mind is that every one of those "petty" factions that are robbing you started in the same server, with the same rules, and same challenges. They rose over them, and are now the aggressors.

Back when the official system was revamped, I remember a time when Vice was getting hit by zetas when we were 6 members and they were 30+, we talked it out, and Vice ended up an official faction, one of the strongest at the time. 

Similarly, when WCA started, we had a good number of people attack us, for very little reason, from randoms to retired gut pushes, otis gang, fog, and we pushed through it. 

As far as I know the legal MC doesn't regularly get hit, because it is legal, and has a good number of law enforcement in their ranks. You decided to start an illegal MC, effectively a gang, and the other gangs didn't take kindly to it.

It seems like an IC issue, that can be solved IC. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I think the thing to keep in mind is that every one of those "petty" factions that are robbing you started in the same server, with the same rules, and same challenges. They rose over them, and are now the aggressors.

Back when the official system was revamped, I remember a time when Vice was getting hit by zetas when we were 6 members and they were 30+, we talked it out, and Vice ended up an official faction, one of the strongest at the time. 

Similarly, when WCA started, we had a good number of people attack us, for very little reason, from randoms to retired gut pushes, otis gang, fog, and we pushed through it. 

As far as I know the legal MC doesn't regularly get hit, because it is legal, and has a good number of law enforcement in their ranks. You decided to start an illegal MC, effectively a gang, and the other gangs didn't take kindly to it.

Yeah, that's a good point mate. I guess we've just come at a bad time when there is lots of powerful gangs. Thanks for all the information about that, I am glad someone has let us know that this happens and that it's hard starting out from nothing.

The thing is, we are a legal MC, but operate in illegal activities very rarely, this could be from small things like selling a firearm, etc. We do not do drugs, we do not rob people, etc. In fact, we provide protection to people in distress such as people in the mines.

In terms of it being an IC thing, you are correct. Without full information, it turns out someone has been pretending to rep us and go around town DM'ing... So we are getting the blame for it. But yeah, we just assumed it was an OOC occurrence.

Thanks for the heads up and good information buddy!

2 hours ago, Olipro said:

So, firstly, as the FearRP claim goes; I believe that attempting to flee/evade on your bike would be reasonable if it has the speed/acceleration since you are a moving target and difficult to hit... of course, you may end up unsuccessful and you should then of course comply. it strikes me as powergamey to dictate how you have to respond to the demand in the first place.

As for the cooldown concept... I would think that adding (( Robbery Cooldown )) or wording to that effect above your player after a non-LEO user has frisked you would be a relatively simple means of implementing the cooldown; the only catch being that you can then cheat by having a buddy frisk you to trigger it - though this could be partly addressed by logging frisk activity, the gains of doing this probably outweigh the abuse risk.

I think the main thing this thread is aimed at is the extensive use of Powergaming situations.. you get rolled up on by like 10 ppl vs 1 guy ofc you dont have any Choice.. but when the same guys does that over and over it becomes an issue.. I just feel like its not welcoming at all to pick on People at the mines and that sort of stuff you know.. i know "New players" cant get robbed thanks to the rules… but most of them dont know that. sadly. and they are giving out their hard earned cash etc. 

I just wish there was something to prevent the abuse of the 10v1 situations you see on every corner around peak hours you know. I understand that these guys are having fun… But then again on the expenses of really great People that would have been a great fit for the community but that are now gone. It is harsh out there and i for one kind of appriciate the Challenge but i also have to admit that after my 10th robbery of the day i am also fed up. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

As the person who runs the legal MC (LSMC) I agree with this comment the most. We used to get hit when we first joined the server, we lost everything 10 fold over.. but we fixed it using IC techniques and now we don’t get hit at all. 

This is mainly a IC issue, unfortunately you have branded yourself as “illegal” which means the official factions will cause you problems, just something you have to deal with and try and find solutions IC. 

• Like 1

This is honestly annoying. You cant go too far away from NCZ with valuable items because you get robbed every time. Its not even RP at this point, its just something they do automatically when they see someone who is not in a gang. Even if you manage to get away from the gang they just use radio and now the whole city is doghunting you.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2020 at 3:12 AM, Dizo said:

Right,

The Solutions:

hey

i liked the CD for rob idea

i also made a suggestin for rob you can see here

suggestion number 5 

will be happy to see your idea about that

I'm going to say no, and I'll tell you why.

There are already a lot of restrictions on what players can do and why, inevitably the more restrictions, the more people hide behind the rules instead of finding ways to avoid negative situations such as being robbed.

Point that everyone is missing, is that there's no RP reason for some of these individuals who rob people minding their own business. It's literally just "LMAO FREE STUFF" that goes through their mind, rather than having good Role-play. A lot of the times, if you give valid Role-play in return, you get powergamed or they ask in /b "Why aren't you complying? FearRP?!" When you're only Role-playing in return.

Best way to counter this is to give them Role-play. Comply, but make them have to Role-play in return, rather than just them doing "/me pats man down; /do s?", give them instances where they actually need to think about the Role-play, such as responding with "/do s, however you would find that my pockets have zips, and are closed.", etc.

You can counter Poor Role-play with Good Role-play. I've had people literally just give up on an attempt to rob my character purely because I was giving them too much Role-play to work with.

I agree that a change could be beneficial. Robbing people for basically no reason is dumb and should be stopped. It will be hard on how you would go about the change, what is too much and what is too little.

I think that chain-robbing multiple people should be taken into consideration as a rule. People driving around and robbing every single person they see for 1 hour straight is not good RP. Maybe make it so that if you are robbing multiple people in a short amount of time without proper RP reason it is a NRP. I can see chain robbing people who walk in on your turf as fine. But when you're waiting outside Legion Square and robbing every single person who parks their car, that is just dumb.

5 minutes ago, shimo said:

You can counter Poor Role-play with Good Role-play. I've had people literally just give up on an attempt to rob my character purely because I was giving them too much Role-play to work with.

Problem is things like this generally lead to people calling you out on "stalling." Even if it isn't. Its frustrating but its the reality.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kenichis said:

I agree that a change could be beneficial. Robbing people for basically no reason is dumb and should be stopped. It will be hard on how you would go about the change, what is too much and what is too little.

I think that chain-robbing multiple people should be taken into consideration as a rule. People driving around and robbing every single person they see for 1 hour straight is not good RP. Maybe make it so that if you are robbing multiple people in a short amount of time without proper RP reason it is a NRP. I can see chain robbing people who walk in on your turf as fine. But when you're waiting outside Legion Square and robbing every single person who parks their car, that is just dumb.

Problem is things like this generally lead to people calling you out on "stalling." Even if it isn't. Its frustrating but its the reality.

Which is fine, if you're not actually breaking a rule, ignore their comments. They're stalling it for themselves by going to /b constantly while you Role-play.

Bro I completly agree with you and whoever says "Oh you are wrong you need to solve this IC" or "Oh this is what gangs do even IRL" is just dumb and doesn't understand what fear of your life means. Bro I saw gangs shooting and killing eachother and then the same guys went back to their gangs. Like wtf, this means basically that all gangs have unlimited life like it would happen on GTA Online. I played quite some time on the server and tried to do everything ranging from legal to illegal. Besides some legal jobs at almost everything you do you are getting robbed. The cops are most of the times useless since I think most of them are corrupted ones. This server is more likely a cops against robbers and you can also find some normal guys that try to do legal jobs but even them are getting robbed. Also having a server in which 90% of the guys are criminals is completly stupid. I don't think you can show me an IRL city/country where 90% of the population is doing criminal stuff, 9% is a cop and 1% tries to do shitty jobs just to grind money. I don't think you can call this server RP since everybody acts like a kid which the only intent is to get whatever you have. Thank god they can't threaten you to take out your money from the bank, but all the activities you can do to make some cash have dropoffs that are usually camped by criminals which would steal everything you get. There is so little you can do to make up some money that if those things would happen IRL you would see people killing themselves because they always get robbed and lose everything.

Another problem is with scripted visible items, mainly guns.

A day ago the server lagged for a bit and someone ran me over injuring me. I had a licensed gun which appeared as an item to pick up. The dude just saw that and got it without even RP-ing it. I get that it may happen IRL that a gun falls out of your belt or something but still if someone rans you over and wants to steal something from you he/she should search you before and find out that you have a gun and take it. Also since the script makes you injured but you can still call why can't you shoot then? It's stupid since you are scripted just to call cops or medics but you can't protect yourself in any way. I called the cops that actually stopped the guy that ran me over and they didn't even do anything to him because of no proofs. Like I went to hospital just because I didn't know what to do and so I called the medics. This is non roleplay. 

On the other hand when my friends get reported for having a gun just because some kids saw the animation when you get out of a vehicle and you have a gun on yourself. The officer arrived and searched them with no proof given. Metagaming on another level.

I played on another server and even after more than 23h I was never robbed 1 time nor I saw people getting killed like it was CSGO. On that server if you die you are dead and that's it and that's how it should be done even here. It's not like "Oh if I die I lose everything but I respawn so fuck it".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.