Robbeaxe

Repair kits

I've had quite a few incidents were cars were broken and wouldn't start without a mechanic showing up and when doing /mechanic it says there are 7 mechanics on duty yet they probably aren't trained because they do not respond. I would think that adding a repair kit to the stores or a scripted place somewhere in the mechanic shops where you can buy these so that, they do not lose the revenue they would get from going out and doing the job themselves.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

We were literally talking about this yesterday waiting for a mechanic forever. xD

The current system needs work.  As mentioned, the waiting time is too long, nobody wants to be sitting around for half an hour for a mechanic to show up.

I definitely appreciate that not everything needs to be instant, but to make this problem worse, it tells us how many mechanics are online - but what people don't know is that not all of them are allowed/trained to go out. This just makes it seem like the 10+ mechanics online are just ignoring us.

Having a shop item would solve this.  Do I think this is always going to be needed? No.  But I certainly think for now, and for a long time it's been needed.

+1 Under the stipulation that a repair kit would not fully repair your vehicle and instead provide you with a predetermined amount of time to operate said vehicle so you are able to go to LSC or Bayview. The reason for this is to ensure we are not depriving 2 factions with roleplay opportunities by having everybody simply buy repair kits. Along with this, repair kits should be slightly expensive as a drawback to not waiting for a mechanic to arrive to the scene.

Set the Wrench and/or Hammer, to operate as a 'tool kit' that you can use to simply start the vehicle for a specific amount of time.

1. Equip tool (like the knife)
  2. Stand next to car (like fuel)
  3. /quickfix (like /gut)
  4. 30 second timer (yep, pretty long)
  5. Engine would be put into a state where you could start it.
  6. Any further damage, high speeds or after 120 seconds or stress of any type, it would stall again.

While it could take.. 1-2 /quickfixes. The goal would be the mechanic shop at that point and still involve them but no one would be stranded.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.