BrandonAnderson

SADOC should be the ones making good RP for inmates

Honestly, if you're in jail, there's not much possibility for RP between inmates. It just comes down to "bruh gimme yo stamps bitch" and then a fight ensues. No wonder why people just AFK and then tab back in every 10 mins. We could argue that there needs to be more activities to do in prison, but I feel SADOC get paid to do pretty much nothing apart from taking inmates to their cells and stopping fights (when they actually can be bothered). They should be the ones trying to initiate good RP from inmates. Getting inmates to do tasks or even some kind of corruption RP would go a long way. I've only ever seen it happen once in prison, and it was actually the best time i've spent in there.

I also feel SADOC should have stricter entry requirements, where only top-tier RPers are able to become SADOC (with higher pay of course). This would help prison to not be such a boring place where people would rather tab out and watch YouTube.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marca said:

Good RP goes both ways bro.

Yes, but prisoners aren't encouraged to do prison RP. SADOC can introduce a dynamic for lots more RP possibilities.

Prisoners currently see it as a timeout and SADOC can help change peoples way of thinking.

I think the sweet spot is somewhere in between "Fuck I don't want to go to prison" & "Oh shit prison is awesome, I wanna be here more often"

Edited by BrandonAnderson
  • Upvote 1

I've posted a couple topics on this in game suggestion, as of now there is not much to do as an inmate, so if we don't get more activities and things to do then i would expect SADOC to help improve the RP.

As of now you can :

1. Mine (imagine mining for half an hour and getting 2 minutes off your sentence)

2. Play Poker (which no one ever does nor is encouraged to)

3. Interact with other players (which can be fun for an hour or two but in my opinion after that it gets plain boring)

"bruh gimme yo stamps bitch"

Or of-course get into a 25 minute long fist fight because of desync.

• Upvote 1

as mentioned above this goes both ways. A lot of the time when we try to enter the cellblock or attempt to make "timed" roleplay such as showers etc we end up just getting punched etc. A lot of small things such as poker and mining has already been mentioned to devs to get improved. There are a lot of days where if the inmates actually want to roleplay, instead of just afking or fighting each other, we do have pretty good roleplay between inmates x guards. 

We typically do hold our guards to a higher roleplay standard, but at the end of the day we cannot make anyone do anything once they're inside. If inmates do try and engage in rp we do respond to it etc. We too want more rp opportunities but again, at the end of the day, we can't force it. It goes both ways.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, kitkatkait said:

as mentioned above this goes both ways. A lot of the time when we try to enter the cellblock or attempt to make "timed" roleplay such as showers etc we end up just getting punched etc. A lot of small things such as poker and mining has already been mentioned to devs to get improved. There are a lot of days where if the inmates actually want to roleplay, instead of just afking or fighting each other, we do have pretty good roleplay between inmates x guards. 

We typically do hold our guards to a higher roleplay standard, but at the end of the day we cannot make anyone do anything once they're inside. If inmates do try and engage in rp we do respond to it etc. We too want more rp opportunities but again, at the end of the day, we can't force it. It goes both ways.

We already got rules about staying IC all the time, maybe if they just started getting enforced more in there we could create RP. Right now it's a place you go to do nothing but be in-game, as if it's an OOC punishment, eventually we should get to a point where there is continuous RP in there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandonAnderson said:

"I dont want to RP on an RP server"

W H A T

I can't speak for Vyse, but since I agree with his sentiment. In my experience with being a prison inmate, it's basically what I imagine the bank would be like if it wasn't a no crime zone.

Just a loud, free for all. It's not an environment that encourages role-play. Those that aren't idling their sentences down are running around whacking each other, yelling the N word and jumping around on things like it's a soft toy playhouse.

54 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I can't speak for Vyse, but since I agree with his sentiment. In my experience with being a prison inmate, it's basically what I imagine the bank would be like if it wasn't a no crime zone.

Just a loud, free for all. It's not an environment that encourages role-play. Those that aren't idling their sentences down are running around whacking each other, yelling the N word and jumping around on things like it's a soft toy playhouse.

This is also very true at the same time- but we should change the environment to better encourage good role-play inside of prison. We could create prison jobs (more than just mining tin) like trash-cleaning, cleaning the toilets, etc. for stamps while also having guards actually in the cell block trying to roleplay with us, if someone isn't doing anything, they should be getting them to do something imo. 

Unfortunately we can't give out stamps because they transfer to real money once you get released which would allow a lot of abuse for the system. There are a lot of things that we're wanting to do but waiting on some script updates which have been pushed to devs. We TRY to get people to do things, but as said before at the end of the day it also requires them to want to.

1 hour ago, kitkatkait said:

Unfortunately we can't give out stamps because they transfer to real money once you get released which would allow a lot of abuse for the system. There are a lot of things that we're wanting to do but waiting on some script updates which have been pushed to devs. We TRY to get people to do things, but as said before at the end of the day it also requires them to want to.

How many seconds do you get from say 100 stamps?

DOC had some good RP before the warden change (not sure how it is now). Back in the day the whole DOC was corrupt and the guards would fuck you up if you tried anything. They would bring you to the shower and force you to pick up the soap or you'd get beat up. maybe they should allow more corruption. Sad to see them rush processing all the time, even with high risk prisoners. seems kinda nonRP to me to only have a mugshot taken once.

Edited by NM369
  • Like 2

As a DOC guard, I always patrol the catwalk and try to converse with the inmates. 9/10 I would get spat on, thrown "semen" at me or they would be AFK.

"I also feel SADOC should have stricter entry requirements, where only top-tier RPers are able to become SADOC"

Good RP is required both ways. SADOC as a faction already has requirements that has to be met before you are allowed in. I'm pretty sure 90% of our members will have a higher standard than the actual inmates themselves.

Edited by kenichis
  • Like 1

DOC is doomed from get go. 50 % of the people are new players who really don't care about rp at all. 25% are shitty rpers who just tells you to fuck off, another 25% who actually wants to rp. DOC has no punishment or reward system, IRL you get released early for good behaviour on probation and if you mess up more you get another charges here you get nothing therefore you have nothing to lose = no good rp.

To the creator of this topic, you're delusional if you think someone should entertain you, you're here for RP and you're responsible for your OWN rp, noone else should be in control of your rp. 

Most of people ain't here for RP, they want fastest cars, best guns and win situations. You have to create your own rp and that's why I choose to drive around los santos on a bicycle rather than a car and it actually helps with loads of rp for me as a civ...

Edited by Gekko

6 hours ago, Gekko said:

DOC has no punishment or reward system, IRL you get released early for good behaviour on probation and if you mess up more you get another charges here you get nothing therefore you have nothing to lose = no good rp.

This is actually something we are working on 🙂

So speaking from personal experience as many also know, prison seems to be this "free for all" where people enjoy just DMing each other for no reason, attempt to take hostages for no good reason, mic spam, etc. One thing, granted this is solely a personal opinion, that feeds into this is the lack of reporting. While all players should take reporting another very seriously, there are more times than I can count when there are mindless fights and Non-RP behaviors in prison that go unreported and thus the cycle continues where people think this behavior is okay. Reporting another player, especially in game, can provide for a learning opportunity and reeducation where it is needed as well as assist in providing a more positive roleplay environment. The idea of "it's fine just ignore it" does truly need to be altered. Aside from a perspective that requires script support (ie: mining increase, stamp value increase, poker buy in lowered, etc.) just from a roleplay standpoint, I think prison rp could heavily be improved if people learn the rules better including Non-RP and contribution to immersion.

Let me just roll a few examples at you....

Does it make much sense to make a shank to hold a guard hostage for a bottle of vodka? No, not really at all because your risk vs reward is heavily weighed for consequence, so why do it?

Does it make much sense to crowd around intake and punch metal bars and threaten guards? Well, first ICly your fists would be bleeding from impact (everybody apparently has fists of steel these days) and there are cameras right there that are recording your behavior so you may face reprimands later and then OOCly you're just creating a situation where you're limiting your own roleplay.

Does it make much sense to walk up to a guard in the cellblock and just punch them for no reason at all? No, and that is also in violation of DM rules.

The stigma around prison as a whole needs to change and players on both sides need to want to provide immersive and realistic roleplay. I am more than happy to consent to a brawl, a minor hostage situation, and really cool roleplay but it has to be realistic and well done. As a whole in the server we want to see less action roleplay and of course less rule breaks. I don't think this will change until the mindset of players starts to change.

People who know me also know that I'm a very big advocate of heavier and more involved roleplay and I strive to promote more player-player interaction (although I do also enjoy solo roleplay, yes I'm one of those randoms). I cannot promote this interaction if I'm constantly surrounded by rule breakers and players not contributing to an immersive environment. Roleplay goes both ways and we all have to learn to shift, mold, and adapt for a good experience. This is in no way one-sided and it will take the community working together to improve this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aldarine said:

So speaking from personal experience as many also know, prison seems to be this "free for all" where people enjoy just DMing each other for no reason, attempt to take hostages for no good reason, mic spam, etc. One thing, granted this is solely a personal opinion, that feeds into this is the lack of reporting. While all players should take reporting another very seriously, there are more times than I can count when there are mindless fights and Non-RP behaviors in prison that go unreported and thus the cycle continues where people think this behavior is okay. Reporting another player, especially in game, can provide for a learning opportunity and reeducation where it is needed as well as assist in providing a more positive roleplay environment. The idea of "it's fine just ignore it" does truly need to be altered. Aside from a perspective that requires script support (ie: mining increase, stamp value increase, poker buy in lowered, etc.) just from a roleplay standpoint, I think prison rp could heavily be improved if people learn the rules better including Non-RP and contribution to immersion.

Let me just roll a few examples at you....

Does it make much sense to make a shank to hold a guard hostage for a bottle of vodka? No, not really at all because your risk vs reward is heavily weighed for consequence, so why do it?

Does it make much sense to crowd around intake and punch metal bars and threaten guards? Well, first ICly your fists would be bleeding from impact (everybody apparently has fists of steel these days) and there are cameras right there that are recording your behavior so you may face reprimands later and then OOCly you're just creating a situation where you're limiting your own roleplay.

Does it make much sense to walk up to a guard in the cellblock and just punch them for no reason at all? No, and that is also in violation of DM rules.

The stigma around prison as a whole needs to change and players on both sides need to want to provide immersive and realistic roleplay. I am more than happy to consent to a brawl, a minor hostage situation, and really cool roleplay but it has to be realistic and well done. As a whole in the server we want to see less action roleplay and of course less rule breaks. I don't think this will change until the mindset of players starts to change.

People who know me also know that I'm a very big advocate of heavier and more involved roleplay and I strive to promote more player-player interaction (although I do also enjoy solo roleplay, yes I'm one of those randoms). I cannot promote this interaction if I'm constantly surrounded by rule breakers and players not contributing to an immersive environment. Roleplay goes both ways and we all have to learn to shift, mold, and adapt for a good experience. This is in no way one-sided and it will take the community working together to improve this.

I agree! when I was newer and I was sent to DOC for the first time,, I was attacked for no reason and beaten until I died, I was told that "it's fine it's prison RP".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.