Yputi

Add more info & functions

Heya!

I have some suggestions to add to the panel, if it is possible, although I have seen some neat stuff in panels of other games.
Here is a list:

• A simple chart that visualizes your time spent on the server, where you can filter on: week, month, year.
    Example (lol):
    Image result for Simple chart

• Change "Play Time" to pure hours instead of dd/hh/mm/ss
    7475c8930e5239c8480c6ca04252f0c8.png

• Add "exp" per character.

• Add "Vip status" to the dashboard

• Make each character in the list on the panel have a drop down menu with all the info per character instead of having them all together. This way you can specifically check vehicles per character.
    For example: Clicking on character "Audrey_Sanchez" will make the list of all vehicles that character owns show up.

• Include what factions a character is in (probably best to include this in the drop down list so it can be hidden if needed.
  • OR show how many factions each character is in out of 2. (like: 0/2, 1/2, 2/2).

• Add a "dark mode" for my poor eyes 😄

• Add "last online" per character

• Add top 10 most experienced players (exp) (This used to be a thing before, but got removed)

Things that maybe should get removed/edited:
  • Fuel station tab
  • Gun store tab
  • Vehicle dealership tab
  • fuel and health status of vehicles
  • Health/armor per character

Will add more if I can think of more stuff.
Edited by Yputi
More relevant to my current vision on this topic
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aldarine said:

OP may I ask why the request for more IC information on an OOC platform? Also bear in mind that government factions request a full unedited screenshot of your panel of which all of this information would be viewable to anybody on the government site.

-1 for this.

+1 for the original suggestion.

Edited by Cevon Whitfield

4 minutes ago, Cevon Whitfield said:

I don't think that everyone would be able to see your panel which /all/ of the information is in. People sometime want to stay in more privacy instead of being public.

What I'm referencing is the faction application process on the government forums where you are requested to provide an unedited screenshot of your full panel. The applications are posted on public sections of the site during the hiring process and following this (depending on the faction) are then hidden from view.

3 hours ago, Aldarine said:

What I'm referencing is the faction application process on the government forums where you are requested to provide an unedited screenshot of your full panel. The applications are posted on public sections of the site during the hiring process and following this (depending on the faction) are then hidden from view.

The admin logs are not intended to be included to the drop down menu's. I review applicantions myself and already thought about this.
RN it's for some people (like me) not even possible at all to take a single full screenshot of the pannel due to the amount of vehicles that is being shown. having the drop down menu will hide this unnecessary stuff (the cars each char owns) and only show mandatory stuff in 1 view immediately. Then factions can just simply say there is no need to having drop down menu's shown. This will actually make this process more efficient and easier.

Hope this clearified it.
If there are still things you disagree on, feel free to specificly quote the points so I can do something with the feedback and decide to adjust the list or not.

Edited by Yputi

Thank you for the response @Yputi - it's nice to hear that as you review applications yourself, you thought of this. So as far as the suggestion points go, my thoughts are all below. To all reading this, this is just my person preference for the panel and having more of a separation between what information should be available IC vs OOC. I absolutely understand the convenience of every single thing suggested and don't necessarily think any would be a bad idea, it's just solely preferences.

• A simple chart that visualizes your time spent on the server, where you can filter on: week, month, year.
    Neutral - It would be nice to see activity trends. Not fully necessary but something that would be pretty cool to see (and I can see what months I had no life). However on the other hand, this would require constant tracking, sorting, and compilation of time spent for hundreds of players. This may seem simple but from what I know about data-basing and queries, it's not the easiest thing to put together for such a large player base although again, it would be cool to see.
  • Change "Play Time" to pure hours instead of dd/hh/mm/ss
    +1 - I'm not the biggest fan of the dd/hh/mm/ss layout as it is somewhat confusing. Total hours would be much better in my opinion
  • Add "cash" & "salary" section on character info, next to "bank" so I know how much money each character in total has.
    -1 - I already think it is a bit much to have a money amount on the panel and see no reason to separate out the money into cash and salary sub sections. I think players should have to log in to see, for example, how much they were paid by their faction.
  • (Addition to the suggestion above): add a total to each character where you can see how much cash, bank money and salary a character got in total + show per character what tax bracket they are in.
    -1 - Pretty much for the same reasons as above. I would rather reduce the amount of IC information on the panel, not increase it.
  • Add "Vip status" to the dashboard
    +1 - This would help people keep track of their VIP status in case it's going to lapse and they may not be aware of it. This is also OOC information that would be appropriate.
  • Make each character in the list on the panel have a drop down menu with all the info per character instead of having them all together. This way you can specifically check vehicles per character.
    For example: Clicking on character "Audrey_Sanchez" will make the list of all vehicles that character owns show up.
    +1 for Vehicles only - If you have a long list of vehicles, it can extend your panel quite significantly. I would much rather have a vehicle "spoiler" where it remains hidden and after clicking a small arrow, you can open up the already present listings and information for all vehicles.
  • Add "properties" to each character. (like: "Carson Ave 26") This would be great to combine with the suggestion right above this one.
    -1 - Again more IC information that I don't feel needs to be listen on the panel
  • Add a "dark mode" for my poor eyes 
    +1 - Yes please. I do know there are extensions you can use to convert it to dark mode but a small embedded toggle would be nice
  • Add "server status" somewhere in the left corner maybe
    Neutral - I feel this is not the most necessary as just by going to the main ECRP page prior to going to the Panel or Forums you can see server status. Along with this you can look at it within the Discord
  • Add "last online" per character
    +1 - Sure why not

Also OP I made it colorful just for you! 🙂

Henlo, Thanks for the list. This is something where I can actually work with.

33 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

A simple chart that visualizes your time spent on the server, where you can filter on: week, month, year.
Neutral - It would be nice to see activity trends. Not fully necessary but something that would be pretty cool to see (and I can see what months I had no life). However on the other hand, this would require constant tracking, sorting, and compilation of time spent for hundreds of players. This may seem simple but from what I know about data-basing and queries, it's not the easiest thing to put together for such a large player base although again, it would be cool to see.

The amount of hours spent total are already being tracked every second. This is being done over the whole server already, so I hope this wouldn't be too much to do.

Change "Play Time" to pure hours instead of dd/hh/mm/ss
+1 - I'm not the biggest fan of the dd/hh/mm/ss layout as it is somewhat confusing. Total hours would be much better in my opinion

Glad you agree on this. I am pretty sure hours are more meaningful for people as other platforms like Steam and Blizzard also use this in games to show how many hours they have spent in games. Next to that, I think it would be great to also have exp shown in the panel.

Add "cash" & "salary" section on character info, next to "bank" so I know how much money each character in total has.
-1 - I already think it is a bit much to have a money amount on the panel and see no reason to separate out the money into cash and salary sub sections. I think players should have to log in to see, for example, how much they were paid by their faction.

It's not really "seperate" actually, as it only shows how much money you have in bank. I personally keep track of a lot of money over all my chars in excel sheets as right now I do my best to figure out what the best timing would be for me to get VIP. Since the server does only allow 1 relog mostly, its a bit annoying to switch characters if you have 5 of them, with the only intention to check their stats (which is OOC), using /stats. 

(Addition to the suggestion above): add a total to each character where you can see how much cash, bank money and salary a character got in total + show per character what tax bracket they are in.
-1 - Pretty much for the same reasons as above. I would rather reduce the amount of IC information on the panel, not increase it.

Basically the same as above yes, but this time not seperate. I do think that having a characters net worth shown would be better than having all info shown about dealerships, fuel stations and gun stores though. Especially as general stores luckily won't show up in the panel with their names, but I think some businesses could use some updated management system in general, maybe something combined with a phone app (where you can see your fuel status for example).

Make each character in the list on the panel have a drop down menu with all the info per character instead of having them all together. This way you can specifically check vehicles per character.
+1 for Vehicles only - If you have a long list of vehicles, it can extend your panel quite significantly. I would much rather have a vehicle "spoiler" where it remains hidden and after clicking a small arrow, you can open up the already present listings and information for all vehicles.

Exactly what I ment with a drop down menu yes 😄 I do believe all the IC info can be removed from this though; fuel and health.
I am not sure if their did approach this system with an IC intention though, since credit vehicles are stated with "Custom Import?", what feels more like an IC term for a credit vehicle imo.

Add "properties" to each character. (like: "Carson Ave 26") This would be great to combine with the suggestion right above this one.
-1 - Again more IC information that I don't feel needs to be listen on the panel

People can also use /showhouses to make their houses appear on their map. The only way to find out what your adress is, is by going to it and read the marker infront of it (which I am sure is OOC since it's more like a tag and not a sign). However, maybe instead of the exact adress, an amount + limit can be shown per character (as I did buy more house slots). For example: 3/5 houses. Maybe the same with cars for every character.

Add a "dark mode" for my poor eyes 
+1 - Yes please. I do know there are extensions you can use to convert it to dark mode but a small embedded toggle would be nice

I do use dark mode theme's for chrome yes. How ever, these do not work if you use incognito mode. A simple toggle like most applications/sites use would be very neat as I do not think everyone would like to use extensions. Especially people who use Opera Edge, or mobile versions.

Add "server status" somewhere in the left corner maybe
Neutral - I feel this is not the most necessary as just by going to the main ECRP page prior to going to the Panel or Forums you can see server status. Along with this you can look at it within the Discord

My goal is actually to have the panel show complete statusses of you, your characters and the server. Something like this would be a nice addition imo to have everything in one place as that is what a panel is for. Not to mention the Discord bot only shows the player amount that is connected to the server if you do not use the commands in the bot channel.

Will be updating the list according to this.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, Aldarine said:

OP may I ask why the request for more IC information on an OOC platform? Also bear in mind that government factions request a full unedited screenshot of your panel of which all of this information would be viewable to anybody on the government site.

You can make all the suggested things on a separate page or on a dropdown menu so you can open/close it

2 hours ago, LucasMadrazo said:

+1 ;

I do think that the Panel lacks a bit of character information, most of the ideas listed are great;

I personally believe you should basically see everything about the Character **(including the information on /stats)**

After 2.5 years, I forgot I created this. Thanks to your comment, I remember 😄 

My view on this topic has changed quite a bit now. I've updated it a bit so it will represent my thoughts on this now!