kenichis

[DISCORD] New role for Question Answerers

Simple, there should be a command in the ECRP Discord to add you to the role “Question Answerers.” This being so that if anyone needs help, they can’t tag staff and sometimes it can be annoying to have to wait for someone to notice especially if the problem is urgent. I suggest this role should be implemented so that people are able to @Question Answerers in order to receive help soon. The tag should only be for people who are willing to be tagged consistently and not be forced to anyone who doesn’t want to answer questions or maybe prefers not to be tagged.

Why should this be implemented?

• Faster help for people who need answers
  • Question answerers are able to respond faster
  • Question answerers are able to know if anyone has a question instead of consistently checking
  • Little to no effort needed to implement, just a new role and a bot command to add you to the role (we already have #bot and EC bot)

this post was made by the question answerer gang. Leader: @Aieos

5 minutes ago, kenichis said:

This being so that if anyone needs help, they can’t tag staff and sometimes it can be annoying to have to wait for someone to notice especially if the problem is urgent.

Please read the underlined. Not all staff want to be consistently tagged.

-1, the question channel has a wait time of less than a minute pretty much all times of the day, having a new role that essentially removes a aspect of support doesn't seem beneficial at all, if you would like to answer questions you can always check the channel occasionally in your spare time which is appreciated 

• Upvote 1

I think it's fine that everyone can help. Don't feel the need imo to have a seperate role for it as questions get answered quite frequently. If you want to get notified, you can adjust your Discord settings accordingly.

Edited by Yputi

The question/answer channel is largely a community driven channel.
Many current staff started by answering questions as community members.

Support staff do monitor the channel and answer quite often, usually when a question can't be answered by community members.
We often do not answer, as to give community members a chance to shine, which often leads to being selected as staff.

Anytime I am monitoring the channel, questions are being answered almost immediately, usually by 2-3 people.
Although theres nothing wrong with your idea, I just don't think it is needed,  and I like the fact that it is largely a community driven channel.

All members of the community can look in the channel and answer questions. Most questions are not left lingering for long so this is completely unnecessary from my point of view. If somebody wants a role they are more than welcome to apply the next time Support applications open. Along with this, anybody who wants to continuously answer questions can just adjust their Discord settings like mentioned by another person above.

image.png.292e14335410f465a4a6a4ee546513f7.png

We got this name format so everybody could recognize us as people who are ready and willing to answer questions. If they want to tag somebody, I feel like the name alone should be enough, especially if they see you actively in the channel, already helping out others with their issues/concerns.

If you'd like to get PM's and tagged for questions? Just answer in the channel and add the tag to your name. That's why I originally used it to begin with, so people would know they could rely on me for assistance.

Edited by Aieos

I believe we can archive this due to the negative response to the suggestion. As @Aldarine and @Jasmine mentioned in the topic, it is largely a community driven channel and I usually peek in there sometimes myself and I do not see questions being unanswered for a long time. I would like to take this time to thank you for the suggestion and to all the "Question Answerer"'s contribution to the community.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.