Lightside

Death Rp

Hello . when im making this report that does not mean thats a suggestion because this rule has to be changed .
as we know role play is based on real life .and when you get shot twice or 3times or 4times you probably cannot survive specially if it is a heavy gun (smg shotgun ak)
So what cops do i shooting you with heavyguns plus they are immortal because of the armor they have they finally kill you. after they killed you medic comes and puts a gauze on (smg shotgun ak)
wound and everything goes fine which make the game so unreal .you made a rule that you have to ask the high ranks in ooc if they give you d rp or not .what they do is saying no Always ! i never saw any SSD PD givin d rp to some one .
Suggestion : Make A Dice for D rp or this rule has to be changed because you cant help a guy who got shot 3 4 times with smg or shotty
Thanks Jonas_Keiler here 

• Like 1

+1 from me. 

You can't pop someones head with a shotgun and treat him in 5s in the desert with a gauze. Same should go for criminal vs criminal in my opinion. 

But honestly PD members sometimes give people deathrp but mostly it depends on the Player's opinion not the rules right now

Edited by aXoL

Considering the amount of crimes and shootouts that occur on the server, allowing every criminal that is shot to Death RP and respawn at Pillbox would take all value away from the prison, people would do crimes much more frequently then they currently do. 

This will also incite every little arrest to most likely result in a shootout as people wouldn't want to be in jail and would attempt to get shot so they can avoid prison, which makes zero sense.

If you want to Death RP I'd recommend you avoid asking for permission a second after you've been injured and to focus on writing as much detail within your /me's and /do's.

I do agree that treating some of these wounds can be stupid, e.g you've been shot with a shotgun to your head and a few gauze pads stop the bleeding. However, this is at the end of the day a game and the best you can do is try to improve the overall roleplay of as many situations as you can.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 3

DeathRP is something you have to earn, not get just because you want a free out of jail card. It also has to be agreed by all officers on scene, if you can have it. If you just shoot at cops and get downed, then request deathRP, it will most likely be denied. But if you provide good RP and actually put in more effort, then it will likely be rewarded to you. Medics also don't treat you fully, they stabilise you and take you to the hospital.

• Like 1

Death RP should just not exist in my opinion. 

Howerver it does, following up with this I believe it should never be controlled by a players out of character mood. As there have been instances of "you're a member of X faction, death rp denied". 

Perhaps adding more realism to Death RP would solve this issue, such as gunshots to the head/spine 99% of the time you would die from these on scene. Say if X number or these wounds existed it should be granted. This could entice law enforcement aiming for "non lethal shooting" providing some higher class shooting RP, as they are already trained in this matter. 

If also like to add cops are not immortal in the slightest, perhaps attempting to shoot an officer in kevlar with a regular pistol isn't a good idea. They're easily dropped when tactics/groups are used. 

Going back to my original statement, it would be nice to see the personal opinions/mood be removed when granting death rp, however as mentioned I believe it should be removed as a whole - coming from someone who has been granted it often enough. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Perhaps adding more realism to Death RP would solve this issue, such as gunshots to the head/spine 99% of the time you would die from these on scene. Say if X number or these wounds existed it should be granted. This could entice law enforcement aiming for "non lethal shooting" providing some higher class shooting RP, as they are already trained in this matter. 

1).  These injuries aren't really accurate due to how rage syncs clients.  I don't think that's entirely practical because they are more or less random even if you are some kind of godlike marksman and lets be honest, most people aren't.

2).  There is no such thing as "non lethal shooting."  You're either shooting to kill or you aren't.  Second rule of gun safety is to never point the gun at something you aren't willing to destroy.

I do agree that people shouldn't just take a dump on somebody for OOC reasons, though.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

1).  These injuries aren't really accurate due to how rage syncs clients.  I don't think that's entirely practical because they are more or less random even if you are some kind of godlike marksman and lets be honest, most people aren't.

2).  There is no such thing as "non lethal shooting."  You're either shooting to kill or you aren't.  Second rule of gun safety is to never point the gun at something you aren't willing to destroy.

I do agree that people shouldn't just take a dump on somebody for OOC reasons, though.

Yes there may be desync issues with the exact location of the bullet but this would just have to be dealt with, similar how to gun desync is dealt with and accepted. Whenever rage come with their next release these sync issues should be minimised by a lot. 

As for being a "godlike marksman" if you're equipped with a carbine in pd that provides training I'd expect you to at least put some effort into your aim. Perhaps take it slower, utilise first person to aim accurate instead of whipping our a carbine and spraying in the general direction. 

By non-lethal shooting I mean this rply, you could aim for parts of the body to prevent these critical injury markers popping up such as arms, legs, shoulders etc. 

Perhaps introducing a wound level system would help with this rp, such as minor, major and critical wounds - critical being scriptly unable to be treated leading to a characters death on scene, removing the requirement for permission for the rp. This is a different suggestion as a whole though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lightside said:

Hello . when im making this report that does not mean thats a suggestion because this rule has to be changed .
as we know role play is based on real life .and when you get shot twice or 3times or 4times you probably cannot survive specially if it is a heavy gun (smg shotgun ak)
So what cops do i shooting you with heavyguns plus they are immortal because of the armor they have they finally kill you. after they killed you medic comes and puts a gauze on (smg shotgun ak)
wound and everything goes fine which make the game so unreal .you made a rule that you have to ask the high ranks in ooc if they give you d rp or not .what they do is saying no Always ! i never saw any SSD PD givin d rp to some one .
Suggestion : Make A Dice for D rp or this rule has to be changed because you cant help a guy who got shot 3 4 times with smg or shotty
Thanks Jonas_Keiler here 

I, Personally, am not a fan of Death RP. I feel like it's a chicken way out to avoid prison. Just to be clear, this is coming from a high ranking official gang member, not as PD. I would be completely okay if it didn't exist at all. However, I realize in certain circumstances it can improve RP. I believe it's allowed more than it should be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CallumMontie said:

Yes there may be desync issues with the exact location of the bullet but this would just have to be dealt with, similar how to gun desync is dealt with and accepted. Whenever rage come with their next release these sync issues should be minimised by a lot. 

As for being a "godlike marksman" if you're equipped with a carbine in pd that provides training I'd expect you to at least put some effort into your aim. Perhaps take it slower, utilise first person to aim accurate instead of whipping our a carbine and spraying in the general direction. 

By non-lethal shooting I mean this rply, you could aim for parts of the body to prevent these critical injury markers popping up such as arms, legs, shoulders etc. 

Perhaps introducing a wound level system would help with this rp, such as minor, major and critical wounds - critical being scriptly unable to be treated leading to a characters death on scene, removing the requirement for permission for the rp. This is a different suggestion as a whole though. 

i am totally agree with you, the deathrp should not be handled by players, a system for that can solve the problem.

As a PD member I feel that keeping DeathRP the way it is is the best option. I grant deathRP quite often as I am here to RP and have fun and not to win but quite a lot of people that ask me and other officers for deathRP that get denied are usually because they displayed a very poor level of RP in the situation. We all discuss deathRP when there is multiple officers on scene as well so its not like 1 officer can mean you do not get deathRP. Before suggesting the system be changed you should evaluate if the problem is you first. If your constantly being denied deathRP you are probably displaying poor RP in the situation. Even people I don't get on with on an OOC level I would never use that against them when giving them deathRP.

Death RP should just not exist in my opinion. 

Howerver it does, following up with this I believe it should never be controlled by a players out of character mood. As there have been instances of "you're a member of X faction, death rp denied". 

If realistic injuries like the ones you described would grant someone deathRP the same should apply for any injury. A lot of civilians and criminals get injurys like the ones you described in your post and a quick trip to the hospital and they're good as new.

Also I don't think you understand how law enforcement deals with shootings. The reason law enforcement generally does not aim for the head and instead the center of the body is because its easier to hit. And law enforcement will not stop shooting until the threat is no more which is what we already do. Also again if you are saying that PD should have better shooting RP criminals should follow suit. Not many gang members should be able to be able to shoot assault rifles, SMGs or shotguns very accuratly but on this server they seem to have military precision.

To finish off while I don't doubt someone has probably denied someone deathRP because of their faction affiliation why should everyone else have to pay for that? It's like saying a guy from a faction DM'ed me so that faction as a whole are bunch of DMers. Your painting PD with a very broad brush which is pretty unfair.

@UrbanAwsomeman i actually agree with you but officers did not let me Rp most of the time i asked them in ooc if i am able to rp for my death Answer: No,and when you keep asking why ? their answer is :dont cry because youre going to jail cut ooc and let the medic put a gauze on your exploaded head we want to take you to prison 

Edited by Lightside

Death RP should only be allowed in cases of CK. If they want to use this as a way to RP their CK than I am fine with it. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for the player to respawn at the hospital and 99% of the time players will do it to avoid prison time without the intention of improving the RP experience of the cops / themselves.

there is no rp experience for cops for prisoning a person that part of rp is for Doc,s -and it is not destroying their rp i had to many situations without any shootout the problem is they honestly fuck you up with spraying the bullets at you then they put gauze on it and everything goes fine which is unrealistic a lot 

2 minutes ago, Lightside said:

there is no rp experience for cops for prisoning a person that part of rp is for Doc,s -and it is not destroying their rp i had to many situations without any shootout the problem is they honestly fuck you up with spraying the bullets at you then they put gauze on it and everything goes fine which is unrealistic a lot 

It's also unrealistic the amount of criminal RP and times cops are involved in shootouts. If this was real life they'd have the city under martial law with the US Army controlling the city with a 6PM curfew with how much crime occurs. However we are okay with a little bit of non-realism in exchange for having a fun time.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

An actual officer would be trained, just like soldiers, to aim for center mass (read: the chest).  This mickey mouse stuff of aiming at somebody's shoulder or leg is hollywood film stuff and is in some cases, like a leg shot, more dangerous than a shot to the torso.  Aiming for anything other than the center of the target is a recipe to miss.  There are plenty of non-lethal ways to de-escalate a situation but there is no police force in the United States that will respond to lethal force being used on officers with anything less than lethal force in turn.

I don't like doing medical roleplay, it's all text based and there isn't really anything exciting about it. If people put in effort to describe their wounds, then it's at least giving something back but half the time it's "broken back.. broken legs". What am I supposed to do with that?

The point with what I said above is that, I'm more open to granting someone death rp, because I don't get anything personally from medical rp but if you want death rp, you've got to show me a little thigh or nipple when it comes to your roleplay. If you are just stalling and giving me one word answers or worse still, complaining in /b, you don't deserve anything.

Point being, if you want death role-play, it's as simple as keeping everything in-character and role-playing through your injuries. If you're reasonable, i'm reasonable. If you're a jerk though, I'm going to go through the full thing knowing you hate it with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

CallumMontie, make sure you don't forget the emote this time.

• PogU 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.