WillJ

delete

Hi, I recently installed the mods from this post: 

and i've really been enjoying them, but i think it's a bit weird on an rp server having people see different cars to each other. I think it could be a good idea to make these a part of the server so that everyone sees the same thing and it's a bit more immersive

also it makes some of the clapped base game cars actually nice 😉 

Edited by WillJ
  • Like 1

I agree with this but some major overhaul has to be done with the mod as certain vehicles aren’t as high a quality as others. The developers could possible bring certain vehicles into the game. Another option is to bing modded vehicles in and keep the base GTA vehicles the same. I think this is definitely possible especially with the new addition of the modded taxi coming soon. If they were to pick one of these options I would recommend to modify the police vehicles as I think that would bring a lot of realism with it.

• Like 2

I would agree, but I bet its a huge tax on the server models I would think. Some mods are better optimized vs others and this means the files sizes could be much larger. I think having the option player side makes it safe and not taxing on the server. But who knows, maybe it is very possible.

• Like 1

I agree that it wouldn't just be able to be brought in by bringing the files in as they are, and eclipse is my first ever RAGE server so idk if it's different (it most likely is), but I've played FiveM servers where the vehicle mods are server-side and it seems to work ok but i'd understand if it's harder to do with RAGE. 

I know it would take a bit of work I just thought it would be a cool idea 🙂

I don't think it would have that much of a hit on performance as they already have one modded vehicle within Eclipse with a few more to come and there seems to be no visible performance loss. Possible when there are multiple modded vehicle around at once but once again it all depends on the quality of the mod. I think it would be a great addition for some of the factions, mainly PD.

I don't think adding vehicle replacement or other kind of overhauls to the server should be done. While it looks good at the glance and server would look nicer, you have to know that if we suddenly started adding high quality vehicles to the game, certain people might not be able to run those.

RAGE is currently not the best with stability when it comes to mods, especially when it comes to downloading and loading them for the 1st time.

And because server side mods are not optional, if a overhaul is done that you don't like, then you are forced to see it every time you play, but if we keep the mods clientside then you can mod the game to your liking.

I doubt car manufacturers would go after a, relatively speaking, small community such as ours, but that doesn't exclude the fact that they could.

Those car models are actual brands which are not licensed to be used. If the community were to use these models in the game that they make money off of, that could cause a huge legal problem. Even if the manufacturer logos and brands were taken off, they're still modeled exactly the same as the real thing.

The best option is to just use them on your own terms.

1 minute ago, LiveTrash said:

I doubt car manufacturers would go after a, relatively speaking, small community such as ours, but that doesn't exclude the fact that they could.

Those car models are actual brands which are not licensed to be used. If the community were to use these models in the game that they make money off of, that could cause a huge legal problem. Even if the manufacturer logos and brands were taken off, they're still modeled exactly the same as the real thing.

The best option is to just use them on your own terms.

Not an expert, but we've seen tons of servers on ArmA, , MTA, Gmod use custom branded vehicles. Not sure if they easily got away with it or if they were met with legal issues.

We are talking about mods which don't involve any legal troubles. Most of them are free to use and used in many five m servers and just don't have a badge on them like the standard GTA vehicles.

Edited by Emulsify

I didn't consider the performance issues that these mods might have for some people so yeah I understand why they aren't in and upon consideration have realised that maybe it's not the best suggestion 🙂

As for the legal troubles argument though, it's very, very unlikely that a car manufacturer would go after a single server on a mod for a game that pulls in a 250 player average as it just wouldn't be worth the effort and money. 

Cheers for the comments everyone