Marca

Unique criminal factions

Instead of all criminal factions being equal to each other, each should have its own unique ability. To keep it short, one faction is in charge of importing heavy and normal weapons, other buys drugs off of players and sell them at dropoffs, another imports gun mods,… 

This should greatly increase and promote more RP between players and make criminal factions unique in their own ways. It also paves a road so future criminal factions can import different things, like drug lab kits or vehicle modifications/rare illegal vehicles. 

No longer would the server be mostly automated, but would require a lot more player interaction.

• Like 1

The issue is that those things are not equal, and will never be.

For example, the faction that has access to import heavies could easily strong-arm the faction that can sell drugs, because having heavies is more important than selling drugs.

Instead I'd like to see factions somehow fight for the best perks, maybe not an actual fight in the street, but more like controlling a certain area for an extended amount of time (days) and roleplaying there, which will result in them acquiring that ability.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I have to agree with Alex on this one because it is true that not all of those things are equal. What may be a go between is a turf system where a gang can claim turf that gives these abilities. There can be gang on gang interaction to try and take away/back turf because they want the ability that goes along with it.

Reducing control over what a gang can do is not something I think that should be done. Not to mention it would create a monopoly over that area (weapons gang could control all guns...huge financial and tactical advantage).

Instead, I think there should just be more options for gangs to do. Right now, actions a gang can take to make money is limited, especially for newer gangs. 

It has been requested over and over for more gang/crime activity, including more interaction between civilian and criminals. Hopefully it will happen eventually.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:04 AM, alexalex303 said:

but more like controlling a certain area for an extended amount of time (days) and roleplaying there, which will result in them acquiring that ability.

This seems like a great idea. Making it sort of a KOTH for an extended period of time for that perk to activate would be awesome

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:34 PM, Jasmine said:

Reducing control over what a gang can do is not something I think that should be done. Not to mention it would create a monopoly over that area (weapons gang could control all guns...huge financial and tactical advantage).

Instead, I think there should just be more options for gangs to do. Right now, actions a gang can take to make money is limited, especially for newer gangs. 

It has been requested over and over for more gang/crime activity, including more interaction between civilian and criminals. Hopefully it will happen eventually.

yes but that is all RP, what happens when one crew hoards all the heavies, the smaller gangs get together and take them out 

- in primates, the alpha is never the strongest or fastest, it is the one who can maintain relationships with the group. 

The original suggestion does need more considering, as right now, you become a faction and then kinda just have to start selling weapons, this means you have like 20 boys running around selling weapons. There SHOULD be a monopoly on guns, it should be controlled by a single actor or two tops for competition purposes, in any major city there are never multiple weapons syndicates there is always the main importer, drugs are different but the illegal weapons market is highly exclusive.

To add to the suggestions 
1. The wanted could dispose of police cars and export them at the Docks. 
2. The Triads could get a "Made in Asia" perk or reduced price on guns imports.
3. The Rebels (dead now) could have gotten a custom "The Rebels" leather jacket (as they dont care for guns)

But you are right, there 100% needs to be more for factions to do, this is evident in the number of gang members just stood at the bank or behind it, there is obviously a lack of inspiration for some of the big guys to RP. By limiting their available resources you kinda force interaction between the major groups. 

Now a lot of people would say that "forced interaction" on an RP server is bad, but your comment is tailored around heightening the RP quality on the server so anyone with this argument against you missed the point IMO. 

"so what do you do now you have joined xxxxxxx"
"not much tbf mate, I got a guy who sells me a gun and I just sell them on"

This was said to me at the bank when I asked them what else they did they said -

"not much mate, answer a backup call every now and then but apart from that not much"

This guy had reached the endgame of money-making within a few weeks of being on the server, his gang imported guns, so that's what he did, oh and "fuck with the cops". 

Collectively, there really needs to be more creativity between criminals and civilians, its a good sight seeing the newly created Farmers and Truckers Union, finally, omeone is doing something IC about the constant wave of unorganized crime and muggings 🙂 

5 hours ago, padpilot said:

yes but that is all RP, what happens when one crew hoards all the heavies, the smaller gangs get together and take them out 

- in primates, the alpha is never the strongest or fastest, it is the one who can maintain relationships with the group. 

But you are right, there 100% needs to be more for factions to do, this is evident in the number of gang members just stood at the bank or behind it, there is obviously a lack of inspiration for some of the big guys to RP. By limiting their available resources you kinda force interaction between the major groups. 

"so what do you do now you have joined xxxxxxx"
"not much tbf mate, I got a guy who sells me a gun and I just sell them on"

This was said to me at the bank when I asked them what else they did they said -

"not much mate, answer a backup call every now and then but apart from that not much"

This guy had reached the endgame of money-making within a few weeks of being on the server, his gang imported guns, so that's what he did, oh and "fuck with the cops". 

Collectively, there really needs to be more creativity between criminals and civilians, its a good sight seeing the newly created Farmers and Truckers Union, finally, omeone is doing something IC about the constant wave of unorganized crime and muggings 🙂 

Primates don't carry around ARs and Shotguns, while the rest of the apes have pistols. Analogies can be made to suit any situation in life, and they are usually not a good comparison.

As for the boredom.....yes you are 100% correct. There is not enough to do for criminals. However, I don't think taking guns/drugs/store robberies and making them more complicated and adding perks and giving control over those things is the solution.

Instead….they need to add MORE things to do. (improve on the current gang activity as well, that's fine). But the real problem is there isn't enough variety and depth in what criminals can do.

Criminals aren't sitting at the bank because Zetas don't have a monopoly on guns. They are sitting at the bank because there are only a handful of criminal tasks available, and the presence of PD and SASD is too high to make doing half of them worth it. (example: I tried to chop a car, and it took 4 attempts because SASD would randomly just drive in there to arrest people. It took about an hour to finally get it done, for ~$4k) 

Edited by Jasmine

You agree with boredom and there is not enough to do, but you think "making them (criminal activities)" more "complicated...is [not] the solution", yet you acknowledge the lack of "depth" in what criminals can do?

I would argue its probably both. I mean, yes I was arguing for more depth but yes but as you say there should also be a broader range as well 🙂

i listed 3 things also above :

"1. The wanted could dispose of police cars and export them at the Docks. 
2. The Triads could get a "Made in Asia" perk or reduced price on guns imports.
3. The Rebels (dead now) could have gotten a custom "The Rebels" leather jacket (as they dont care for guns)"

The middle one is the only real perk, the first one is something "MORE" for crims to do - think of it as similar to a tool which only certain people may have, a tool used to gain access to people homes which would also constitute as being a perk, but tbf, being a faction comes with perks, and rightly so. The third was just cosmetic. 

What would you actually suggest? what jobs or activities, tweaks or suggestions? Money laundering? Drug dealing? 

Bikers should get a boost to guns like Skorpions, Tec9's and Mac10s and other auto machine pistols and of course the pipe bomb. I think just an increase in the total number of shipped guns and pipe bombs would help things tons from an immersive realistic biker experience for San Andreas. Thats a favorite of bikers clubs and was really popular up in Canada years ago. When the bikers fought lots up in Canada years ago, a favorite method was car bombings with satchels of these pipe bombs but also quick drive by's with machine pistols. Knuckles or a hammer added in for import to would be culturally relevant because knuckles are a famous biker weapon alongside the ball pin hammer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.