Reckless311

Economy of the server

Does anyone think that the economy of the server in its current state hinders RP? Everyone is always grinding to make money to buy this or that and RP seems to always take a back seat to making that money.  Is this good for a roleplay server?

In my opinion it really limits RP opportunities for a lot of people.  Can't do this or that, I need to make money to pay back a loan, buy this car, or that property, etc

Without financial restrictions, people quit valuing things. Yes it does suck having to "grind" for money if you want something expensive but without that grind, everyone would have expensive stuff and nobody would work. 

The economy "grind" actually is one of the better retention methods on the server. It continues to provide goals for players to achieve over time rather than being handed things easily and quickly. Once you obtain more expensive things, you value them far more and are far less likely to abandon them by leaving.

It is along the grind that you take breaks to socialize and discuss further ways to make money with other people. This builds friendships and promotes "organization rp" 

Edited by Wifye
  • Like 2

-1 Why do you sound like you came from fivem ? you realize if everything goes realistic what's going to happen ? in this latest update people were suffering about the gps and map and the 5 hours jail time (real time), take that suggestion somewhere else because that just ends up the server killing players off.

"really limits RP opportunities for a lot of people.  Can't do this or that, I need to make money to pay back a loan, buy this car, or that property, etc"

This isn't the place to be forced to play as criminal or forced to do something which i can count that as power gaming, whoever wants to do the things on his own let him be doing why do you want the whole server doing the thing you want to see ?

Edited by MildsHawk

6 hours ago, Reckless311 said:

Does anyone think that the economy of the server in its current state hinders RP? Everyone is always grinding to make money to buy this or that and RP seems to always take a back seat to making that money.  Is this good for a roleplay server?

In my opinion it really limits RP opportunities for a lot of people.  Can't do this or that, I need to make money to pay back a loan, buy this car, or that property, etc

Now you are roleplaying life! Welcome to it! All life is a giant grind with breaks in between 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wifye said:

Without financial restrictions, people quit valuing things. Yes it does suck having to "grind" for money if you want something expensive but without that grind, everyone would have expensive stuff and nobody would work. 

The economy "grind" actually is one of the better retention methods on the server. It continues to provide goals for players to achieve over time rather than being handed things easily and quickly. Once you obtain more expensive things, you value them far more and are far less likely to abandon them by leaving.

It is along the grind that you take breaks to socialize and discuss further ways to make money with other people. This builds friendships and promotes "organization rp" 

That is a good point.  I didn't consider that aspect. 

2 hours ago, MildsHawk said:

-1 Why do you sound like you came from fivem ? you realize if everything goes realistic what's going to happen ? in this latest update people were suffering about the gps and map and the 5 hours jail time (real time), take that suggestion somewhere else because that just ends up the server killing players off.

"really limits RP opportunities for a lot of people.  Can't do this or that, I need to make money to pay back a loan, buy this car, or that property, etc"

This isn't the place to be forced to play as criminal or forced to do something which i can count that as power gaming, whoever wants to do the things on his own let him be doing why do you want the whole server doing the thing you want to see ?

This is a discussion, not a suggestion.  How do you get powergaming from a discussion???  

2 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Now you are roleplaying life! Welcome to it! All life is a giant grind with breaks in between 

Been in life a long time, I know it quite well.  This is supposed to be about roleplay, isn't it?  Not incessant grinding to gain money with little to no roleplay?  I genuinely meant this to be a discussion. As with everything there are pros and cons.  

As someone who has played on the other side of the coin with a over-inflated economy, it's not much better. Everyone is a millionaire (breaks realistic immersion a bit for me) and player-to-player trading is completely meaningless unless you are a new player or play the total of a few hours a week. There is nothing wrong with having a hefty goal post to strive for and it only hinders roleplay for those that let it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GhoulSlaya said:

Everyone is a millionaire (breaks realistic immersion a bit for me) and player-to-player trading is completely meaningless

What do you mean breaks realistic? Not everything can be realistic on this game, your idea is just to break out peoples fun and just move to another game instead of forever grinding to get the things they need, and lets get the fact that it isn't realistic that the world are 1000 human population as "server slots" if you really want to play the dumb of "we need to make it realism!" There is alot of other rp servers down there with a shitty salaries and the server is very low populated which maybe admins or their friends are playing in the server so go ahead move on if you don't like how the civs getting good salaries

1 hour ago, MildsHawk said:

What do you mean breaks realistic? Not everything can be realistic on this game, your idea is just to break out peoples fun and just move to another game instead of forever grinding to get the things they need, and lets get the fact that it isn't realistic that the world are 1000 human population as "server slots" if you really want to play the dumb of "we need to make it realism!" There is alot of other rp servers down there with a shitty salaries and the server is very low populated which maybe admins or their friends are playing in the server so go ahead move on if you don't like how the civs getting good salaries

Lmao. You kids and your constant need for instant gratification.

And what the fuck are you even on about.. I swear I just lost brain cells trying to read this.

Edited by GhoulSlaya
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GhoulSlaya said:

Lmao. You kids and your constant need for instant gratification.

And what the fuck are you even on about.. I swear I just lost brain cells trying to read this.

Oh i'm sorry if you can't read english, the toxicity is real with you lul, yup calling me a "kid" is really going to trigger me xD

If you didn't understand what i said, here is the real 100% speech, fuck off to another server if you don't like it here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by MildsHawk

7 minutes ago, MildsHawk said:

Oh i'm sorry if you can't read english, the toxicity is real with you lul, yup calling me a "kid" is really going to trigger me xD

If you didn't understand what i said, here is the real 100% speech, fuck off to another server if you don't like it here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You obviously didn't read what he said because he is literally saying the same thing as you....  He said he has played servers where the economy is more inflated and prefers it like it is here currently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The economy is perfect imo. Maybe the jobs could have a TINY buff in pay. Having goals paired with the RP is what keeps me and everyone else coming back. Its a nice mix and makes you value your possessions/properties. I hate servers where you can spawn anything, I mean whats the point, you don’t value a thing.

Edited by Drek20

I think its good how it is . Should

be more harder to get that cash but for new people not . 

Roleplay is not all about to get fast cash its need to take Two Months to buy a house or something like that okey 1g house you could buy after 2 weeks of playing maybe faster .

When I started this server first 100.000xp I spend only on grind , work hard to get my first 5 Mill and I did it and now Im just working in my free time when I dont have anything to do or just want to work and get some extra cash to buy more houses . 

Roleplay is hard game mod for people who can’t be patient .

• Upvote 1

It was only hard to adjust to the scale of the economy at first. "I need to grind money to pay back loan/ buy something" Don't take a loan/no you don't. Also some of my best RP scenarios were at the DOC, that was taken from me by an unfair situation but ive said my peace and moved on. Now I have a different legal job and I go out hunting and mining with friends or make and do drugs with friends on my criminal alt... there is so much RP available. If you are giving up on it to go grind money that is a decision, one that is completely realistic. If somebody tells me to come to a party at 8am on a wednesday I am going to tell them I have to go to work... plan your fun, and rp your work.... it is good.

Just now, Balastas said:

plenty to buy you mean by cars and better house? and that's pretty much it?

cars, houses, drugs, businesses, guns, people, prestige, food, liquor, house restructures... name something you can't buy that you can buy irl?

Only thing I can say is that increasing house prices while keeping everyone's pay and taxes the same is not doing anything but hurt the economy lol... I think there is too much focus on getting rid of people's money rather than helping them making it... and this is why we need to start making this stuff IC! Vote for Mayors... I'd obviously be on the more Republican side of things ICly (and OOCly too ig)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

Only thing I can say is that increasing house prices while keeping everyone's pay and taxes the same is not doing anything but hurt the economy lol... I think there is too much focus on getting rid of people's money rather than helping them making it... and this is why we need to start making this stuff IC! Vote for Mayors... I'd obviously be on the more Republican side of things ICly (and OOCly too ig)

Having such a small supply is why housing always skyrockets. It got better for a whole with the housing that opened up, but it's back to where it was again.  More grind to afford simple things, less RP